• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Returning Products After Customer Refund: Effect on Points & Commission

In summary, the customer wanted to return over $200 worth of products because her husband lost his job. I gave her back the money and told her to call the Solution Center. It should not effect her incentive points. Good luck, Donna
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
I had a customer who ordered over $200 in products at one show. She didn't want to book a show at the time but when I took her products to her yesterday she asked for a refund because her husband lost his job and she needs the money for bills instead of kitchen items. I gave her money back and am not sure how to return the items to PC. How do I go about this and also how will this effect my points for my trip and my commission? Thanks!

Oh no!!!! Don't ever refund money to a customer. In the future, call 888-our-chef and start the return process. The HO will then mail a check back to the customer and tell you how to return the products to the warehouse. We are not supposed to receive products back from customers.

Call the Solution Center and hopefully they can work it out for you and give you the money instead.

Maybe you can try to sell them to people around you??

the customerThe customer was in tears saying she really needed the money to get oil for her house this week. Until her husband gets approved for unemployment they have no money coming in because she is a stay at home mom. I felt bad and didn't want her to go without oil so I gave her back her money.

I would take the products to your shows and offer them as cash and carry, or call HO and explain the situation. You could also put up a post in the marketplace.

I hope you get your money back, one way or another I'm sure you will.

I don't know how well you know the lady - but did you think of offering her the PC opportunity so she could make some money?

Maybe you could help her pay for the kit or something so she isn't out too much to get started and she could start earning money right away and pay you back over time...

Just a thought - I know that other consultants and my Director always think of it as a red flag when someone says that a family member has lost their job.

You never know - you could be offering her a way to really help herself and her family in the long run!

Great advise pamperedval!

You can call home office and set up the return and have them send you the return payment. It will should not effect your incentive points. Good luck, Donna

I am with dval - I was just going to ask if you had offered the opportunity? She may need help in getting started but maybe you can suggest a garage sale to get the money. If she is interested start her with some catalogs so she has a very successful start before the kit comes in.

I would also suggest you call home office and explain, unless you don't want to loose the points. If not, do you have a group you send e-mails too? Send the list to those people offer a discount to get that money back. I hesitate to do a cash and carry at a show becuase that takes away from your hostess' total. Oh, another thing you can do depending on the value of the products is offer one or two of the items as an incentive for booking. I have used some items that I get as samples or sometimes a host doens't want to use either their host bonus or half price and I offer them at half price. You decide what discount you can afford.

Just some ideas

HoI called home office yesterday and they let me return the items and said it would take about 3-4 weeks before I get a refund.

I did offer the opportunity to her but she wasn't interested at this time BUT I did get her to say she would host a party in April to help get some of her items for FREE!!!

Thank you for all your help!

1. Can I return products for a customer refund?

Yes, you can return products for a customer refund within 30 days of purchase. The products must be in their original packaging and in resalable condition.

2. Will my points be affected if I return products for a customer refund?

Yes, your points will be affected if you return products for a customer refund. Any points earned from the sale will be deducted from your account.

3. How does returning products for a customer refund affect my commission?

Returning products for a customer refund will also affect your commission. Any commission earned from the sale will be deducted from your account.

4. Can I still earn points and commission on returned products that are resold to another customer?

No, you cannot earn points and commission on returned products that are resold to another customer. The original sale and its associated points and commission will be reversed.

5. Is there a limit to how many products I can return for a customer refund?

There is no limit to the number of products you can return for a customer refund, as long as they are within the 30-day return window and meet the requirements for a refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • britishchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
susan g
  • Sheila