• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you checked out the Pampered Chef Discontinued Products Outlet yet?

What does this mean for the surprise boxes? I was wondering the same thing myself. ...What does this mean for the surprise boxes?
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, I'm not normally one to spill the beans, but I was checking out the CN for October and found this:
Now customers
can purchase
discontinued
products at
reduced prices!
• Start date: The Outlet
is available on our Web
site Oct. 2.
• Accessing the outlet: Customers can purchase items
through individual ordering via your Personal Web
Site. The Outlet will be listed as an additional
category under “Our Products.”
• Limited inventory: Products are available while
supplies last, and items may change every 15-60 days.
Your customers will want to visit the site regularly to see
what’s available. Due to limited inventory, customers
may purchase a maximum of 10 of any item.
• Final Sale: Outlet items are “final sale” and carry
no guarantee or warranty. In the unlikely event
products are damaged in shipment, they will be
replaced or refunded.
• Outlet sales: Sales are online only and can’t be
added to Cooking Shows, outside orders or Wedding
Registries. Customers can purchase Outlet and
catalog items on the same order. You will receive full
commission on Outlet orders, and credit toward
promotions and incentives as applicable.
• Consultant Orders: You can order Outlet products
at an additional 15% discount through the Samples
area of Consultant’s Corner. The shipping cost for
Consultant’s items is $4 for the 48 contiguous states,
$6 outside the 48 contiguous states. Consultant Outlet
orders cannot be combined with any other order
(samples, personal, etc.)
Making the Outlet Work for You
The Outlet is just another great reason to have a
Personal Web Site. Visit it monthly to see what’s
available and make customer care calls to:
• Customers who have purchased products that
compliment those available in the Outlet.
• People who have asked about discontinued products
now available in the Outlet.

How cool is that?!?

Where did you see that? I can't find it.

Can you get to the October CN? If so, it is on page 12.

Its not up yet. Maybe you're already considered a Director?

Nope, I cheat.

That's really neat! I wonder if the cake tester will be there... :)

I have cheated on the specials but never thought to cheat on CN! I am doing that right now!

Cool!!!I new there was a reason I was hanging on to my website even though it never gets used :rolleyes:

and the oven mitts!!

OVEN MITTS!!

Oh, I am longing for those... please PC bring them back....<sigh> :) :) :)

Jaye

How do you get to the CN?

How do you "cheat" to find it?

I am there, but it's only letting me see September.

Jaye

How do you "cheat" to find it?

I am there, but it's only letting me see September.

Jaye
Type oct where the sept is at up in the address bar.

I can't wait to see what they have.

Thanks! I had no idea!!

Y'all rock!
Jaye

Can find it (CN for Oct. 2006)!

OMG! Did you guys read the whole thing? Sheila Waters is in my cluster! i had no idea there was any info about her in the CN!

oh My Goodness I Love It:d :d :d
so Glad You Know How To Cheat; I Never Would Have Thought To Do It! I Can't Wait Until We Can Tell Our Customers!!

I'm wondering if they're putting like... OLD old products up in the outlet or only the "new" old products i.e. recently discontinued?
Whichever... I think this idea is TOTALLY cool.
Just another way we can service our customers when they want something discontinued. Send 'em to our websites and let 'em shop till they drop! :D

I can't open it. I have to save it then open in a PDF???HELPPPP:confused:

letscook04 said:
I can't open it. I have to save it then open in a PDF???HELPPPP:confused:

Do you have adobe reader on your system? If not then you need to download it from http://www.adobe.com/ .

It is not unusual for a system to be set up so that it requires that you save something instead of opening it up on the web. The main reason for this is so virus protection software can scan the file & make sure you won't be infected.

Last edited:
tlennhoff said:
Do you have adobe reader on your system? If not then you need to download it from http://www.adobe.com/ .

It is not unusual for a system to be set up so that it requires that you save something instead of opening it up on the web. The main reason for this is so virus protection software can scan the file & make sure you won't be infected.

It worked!!! Thank you very much for your help. :)

I hope Joy puts this is Tasty Tidbits!

I am sure that they save some for conference since it is such a big hit!

gilliandanielle said:
I am sure that they save some for conference since it is such a big hit!
I agree! I can't imagine them selling out completely!

Actually, I think their plan is to empty the warehouses of the discontinued things. As far as the surprise boxes is concerned, they did that for 3 years. If the Outlet doesn't go over well they will still have the boxes for us but they may think that has run it's course.

I'm interested to see what the discount is to customers. Ours is 15% more than theirs if we buy it as supply so how low will they go?

Beth, I need clarification...is our discount 15% more than the customer discount or is it 15% on top of our consultant discount??

I'm very excited to see what is offered. It's funny - I just got the e-mail from HO about the outlet, and the pictures of the stoneware crock in cranberry, the stoneware storage rack, and the blue quickstir pitcher were there. I wonder if those will be available. :)

Bexs50 said:
Beth, I need clarification...is our discount 15% more than the customer discount or is it 15% on top of our consultant discount??
I read it as 15% off the customer price. Period. No additional consultant discount. It's a "sample" order so the price is the price. We only get our discount on "personal" orders.

HTH

Do you think the past host discount is also available to use with the outlet???

I'd be surprised if it is! Now darnit when are they going to let us preview it. ;)

This is an awesome new feature! I think many will like it!

I am really excited about this since a couple of my customers want the stoneware rack and I just assume that since it was pictured, it will be a part of it. I called them this evening and told them and they both wrote the date on their calendars to check it out on Oct 2!! Yay! I love new uses for my website!! I had a thought about previewing it, has anyone tried to do a product update on PP after they got the email? I was just curious...I haven't but I think I will just to see if there's anything *new* on there! ;)

~Kristen

That is an awsome feature........I have a lot of PC groupies in my town that ask me constanly if they can still get ... .or does PC selll.....

I am going to have to go on my own little shopping spree!! I am so excited!

I love this new feature. I hope the oven mitt is on there. I need some new ones. I just don't like the silicone. Oooh I wonder if Generation II cookware will be on there!!

Flamingo said:
Do you think the past host discount is also available to use with the outlet???
Nope. It will be the sale price and that's it. No other discounts. And no warranty or returns. I wish they'd tell us what the discount will be!

I can't wait until we can check it out:D :D How AWESOME!

I got the email from HO just before I logged on here. I'm really excited about it. Now I have something to tell people who ask if there's any way they can still get whatever.

So, my mind is turning trying to figure out a clever email to send out to my customers and hosts with this information. Anyone have any ideas? I have been so disappointed with my website. I have had it for almost 2 years and only received 1 or 2 orders from it. My hosts never use it. I would love to use this more.

Shawnna said:
So, my mind is turning trying to figure out a clever email to send out to my customers and hosts with this information. Anyone have any ideas? I have been so disappointed with my website. I have had it for almost 2 years and only received 1 or 2 orders from it. My hosts never use it. I would love to use this more.

To get people to use my website I ask them to email me a list of names and email addresses and then I add that info into their guest list (you can even do this in PP and then export it to the website. The help instructions one the website are really good. Then I send out the invites as well as a reminder. I've had pretty good luck getting the hosts to give me this information. I do add the host also to their guest list & I cc them on emails I send to the guests so they know what I've sent and when. I think I've had 8 orders on 4 shows since my website went live in August. Not tons but I have recommended people add the link to my website as a favorite and hopefully they will think of me in the future.

I'm guessing that not that many of us are getting tons of traffic on our websites so the discontinued products gives us a great opportunity to do a "check out my website" email to all of our customers, family, and friends. Remember to BCC all of your contacts as part of proper netiquette.

My Pampered Chef website has gotten even better (.../lennhoff) . At my website you can:

1. Host online catalog shows or invite remote friends and families to shop the online catalog,
2. Invite remote friends and families to order online for your cooking shows,
3. Learn about the latest host and guest specials
4. Create and shop our online wedding registries (remember to email your guests to let them know about your registry)
5. Place individual orders for the items you just have to have now when you don't have time to do a show to get them free or discounted
6. Order discontinued products (check back regularly as these will change frequently)
7. Find seasonal recipes
8. Find my available dates
9. Find my contact information

Don't forget to add my website (.../lennhoff) to your favorites.

During the month of October if you host a show that reaches $400 you can get all of the new forged cutlery for under $100.

Remember Pampered Chef products and gift certificates make great gifts.

Your Pampered Chef Consultant,
Tasha Lennhoff

Attachments

• Discontinued_Product_Website.doc
    26 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
I got an Email from PC HO about it

:cheat"
cmdtrgd said:
Nope, I cheat.

I found that stuff out the other day, but without cheating, it was on our CC.

I didn't know about "cheating".:rolleyes:

Do you have a different CC?

The Nov. sellathon thing was posted a few days ago, but everything else is new info that directors got yesterday.

I am intrigued by this, but also a little worried. One of our major selling points has always been the great warranty. I can imagine customers insisting they bought something from a show, when they really bought it from the outlet. Yes, they should always save their receipts, but they just do not always do that. This could increase our time with Customer Service. I hope I am wrong, but I am a little concerned.

ChefLisa said:
I am intrigued by this, but also a little worried. One of our major selling points has always been the great warranty. I can imagine customers insisting they bought something from a show, when they really bought it from the outlet. Yes, they should always save their receipts, but they just do not always do that. This could increase our time with Customer Service. I hope I am wrong, but I am a little concerned.

I agree that it is strange that they are not including the warranty. From there perspective it makes sense as they would have to replace damaged product with newer versions or offer some kind of dollar value for things that don't have a "new replacement".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferknapp
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cat
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PCMelissa
  • ted122781