• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shop Now for Back-to-School Deals and a Chance to Win Prizes!

In summary, the customer is not happy with the outlet this month, but that is okay because they will get their e-mail out any way. The customer is looking forward to the fall weddings and the back to school season. There are a few discontinued items for kids at low prices as well as a large round platter and a carving set (knife and fork) for only $20.00. The contest is still running and the prize is a Twix-it clip, Season's Best, discontinued spatulas, discontinued crocks, etc...things that the customer has gotten in the past and didn't sell at a fair.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Don't like the outlet this month? So what?! Get that e-mail out ANYWAY!I'm $240 away from my FREE envelopes so pulling out the stops...I just got an e-mail from a customer that just ordered on my website. She has NEVER ordered ANYTHING from me yet, but is a co-worker's wife so I send her e-mails each month. She's never asked to be taken off...Well, after 1 1/2 years, she ordered. :)If you send it, they will come...when the time is right for them.Here is what I did this month:
Good evening everyone! I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather and plenty of Olympic entertainment! I just wanted to send you a note and let everyone know that the Outlet has been updated again. It is just in time for back-to-school and for the fall weddings you may attend. There are a few discontinued items for kids at low prices! The cookie cutters are GREAT for cutting sandwiches for lunches.On the wedding front, there is a large round platter AND a carving set (knife and fork) for only $20.00. It retailed at $80.50! Even add the shipping and handling of $6.75 and it still makes a very reasonable and very nice wedding gift for under $30.00!…and remember, everyone who has hosted in the last year can enter their past host # at checkout and get an additional 10% off their entire order. If you would like to know how you can get 10% off, e-mail me!To shop the Outlet: 1. Go to (Enter your website here)
2. Click on Order Products in the bottom left corner.
3. Click on Option #2 – Place an Order button.
4. Click on "Otherwise click here to continue"
5. Click on Outlet Specials in the bottom left-hand corner.
6. Click on Product Pictures or View AllRemember outlet items are while supplies last, and discounted discontinued items are final sale items. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________If you made it this far, you must be looking for the contest...This month's contest is:
Place an order on my website, outlet or regular order, and e-mail and tell me what the guest special is for August and what outlet item is on sale for only $2.25 and I will send you a prize valued between $2.00 and $20.00. (Names will go in a drawing to randomly determine prizes from available group.) Contest will run August 19th - August 29th only.
________________________________________________________________Personal Note: My prizes consist of Twix-it clips, Season's Best, discontinued spatulas, discontinued crocks, etc...things I've gotten from the outlet in the past and didn't sell at a fair...I found these things often make good and different door prizes too...

Last edited:
Thanks, Janet for posting that. I'm going to use it! :)

PS - your website link works in the quote.

Wow! That's awesome, Janet! Nice work and thanks for sharing your email.

crystalscookingnow said:
Thanks, Janet for posting that. I'm going to use it! :)

PS - your website link works in the quote.

Yikes! Fixed that right away!!!! Didn't even think about it before...

Oh the answers are the APCS thick rod and the SA caddy for the outlet and the oven pad or trivet. (If you are in the US).

Wow! Thanks Janet. I was working on an email...and now I am totally using yours!:D

Oops I see a typo! How embarrasing!Should be are final sale items not and are final sale items...I corrected it in the quote the and/are got mixed up in copying and pasting...

I figured that... Didn't want you to get into trouble!!

Thanks for this I will try it to see if the contest helps bring in some orders.

WHOHOO! I just got my 3rd outlet order in 24 hours!!!! I just sent this e-mail out last night at 8:17 p.m.!!!!!

Now tapping foot waiting for e-mail to come through showing daily activity so I can see amounts!

That is great Janet!!!! I sent out an e-mail last night (no contest) and nothing yet that I know of for outlet orders but I have gotten phone calls from those not on my list to place an order for regular items in the catalog! I'll take orders whatever they come!

janetupnorth said:
Oh the answers are the APCS thick rod and the SA caddy for the outlet and the oven pad or trivet. (If you are in the US).

I don't see the hot pad/trivet for that price, but I do see the Kid's Measuring Cups for that price. This is a really good email to send out. After sending all of them out using the 'Online Outlet contest' for the subject I got to thinking that I should have used '75% off Online Outlet Products!' to get them more enticed from just looking at the subject line.

Is S&H $6.75 everywhere, or do I need to look it up for my area?

babywings76 said:

That would be the same everywhere in the Continental US....for Alaska, Hawaii, and APO's it would be different.

janetupnorth said:
Don't like the outlet this month? So what?! Get that e-mail out ANYWAY!

I'm $240 away from my FREE envelopes so pulling out the stops...

I just got an e-mail from a customer that just ordered on my website. She has NEVER ordered ANYTHING from me yet, but is a co-worker's wife so I send her e-mails each month. She's never asked to be taken off...

Well, after 1 1/2 years, she ordered. :)

If you send it, they will come...when the time is right for them.

Here is what I did this month:

Personal Note: My prizes consist of Twix-it clips, Season's Best, discontinued spatulas, discontinued crocks, etc...things I've gotten from the outlet in the past and didn't sell at a fair...I found these things often make good and different door prizes too...

For your contest, do people think they will definitely get a prize or that they are entered into a drawing? The wording confused me a bit, but then again...it's been a long day and I'm not that sharp right now! ;)

babywings76 said:

S/H was $6.75 for the platter and carving set ONLY.

batroark said:
I don't see the hot pad/trivet for that price, but I do see the Kid's Measuring Cups for that price. This is a really good email to send out. After sending all of them out using the 'Online Outlet contest' for the subject I got to thinking that I should have used '75% off Online Outlet Products!' to get them more enticed from just looking at the subject line.

The hot pad/trivet is the answer for the August Guest special - that is to get them thinking about regular products and get them looking on the main page at host/guest specials.

babywings76 said:
For your contest, do people think they will definitely get a prize or that they are entered into a drawing? The wording confused me a bit, but then again...it's been a long day and I'm not that sharp right now! ;)

They will all definitely get a prize this round. That was the intent - the value is the surprise! It may be 2 Season's Best Recipe books, or a discontinued spatula, or a discontinued crock or something.

If they spend $10.00 I make minimum $2.00 commission. All I'm doing is trading commission for orders and for the bag promo only needing $200 more now to get the free envelopes, it's worth it to me.

It helps career sales, it makes them excited for something different and that they "won"...etc....

Hey Janet - what did you have as the title for your email?

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Janet - what did you have as the title for your email?

Outlet Sale Changes and Contest

I didn't want to say "check out the outlet" or 75% off...

People get sales e-mails all the time...

I wanted it to be "information-like". Like if they didn't read it they wouldn't know how to use it next time.

Outlet Sale Changes makes it like something major is happening and they might want to know what...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
Outlet Sale Changes and Contest

I didn't want to say "check out the outlet" or 75% off...

People get sales e-mails all the time...

I wanted it to be "information-like". Like if they didn't read it they wouldn't know how to use it next time.

Outlet Sale Changes makes it like something major is happening and they might want to know what...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks! Going to send off my email right now!

I hope it works for you!I like to mix it up each time so they don't ignore it. ;)

This time I sent an oulet update message and listed all products with prices, no pics.
So far I have 2 orders worth $65

That is $65 that I didn't have before and I just sent it out yesterday afternoon! Love the outlet!!

I don't have any extra products lying around that I could give as a special prize. Do you think giving them a new season's best would be exciting enough? Or should I say I'll also do a drawing for a larger prize?

babywings76 said:
I don't have any extra products lying around that I could give as a special prize. Do you think giving them a new season's best would be exciting enough? Or should I say I'll also do a drawing for a larger prize?

It's all up to you - the joy of the business!!!!

You can offer a "free cooking show" - you pay for ingredients or free host special at their show or a few Season's Best...etc...

Why not a new Season's Best - they don't have one yet!

janetupnorth said:
I hope it works for you!

I like to mix it up each time so they don't ignore it. ;)

I mix it up too - it's worked well for me - just needed some inspiration on this one!:balloon:

Just sent it out (had my Dream Team call to get ready for first) and now I'll just see how it goes!

Thanks for this great idea. I just sent it out and changed it from the contest thing to:

And as an extra little "Thank You", I'll give you a new Fall Season's Best cookbook free. It's full of some fantastic new recipes!

Let's hope it generates some sales. :)

Janet, loved your e-mail :thumbup:much more than mine, but mine was already sent out. I will save it as a draft for a future mailing! I have gotten an e-mail from a pen pal who says she has ordered (not heard from HO about it yet) Anyway, my PP had a question: " I went on line and orderd from the outlet specials and I have a
question....I signed up for an account and placed the order with no
problem. Then when I was done and all my info was still showing, I didn't
notice any place where you "log off" or "sign out". Was I missing
something??Then at the home page I didn't actually see a place where I
could sign or log in. Makes me a little nervous since I used a credit
card. Enlighten me, please." Don't know how to answer this.
Can anyone help?

Thanks for the sample of your email! I copied it and sent it out just a few min ago and I got an email from a past hostess saying she had just placed an order! Yippee!

Sent out the letter last night that Janet posted - with a couple changes. Woke up this morning to this:

Becky,
I ordered the carving set w/platter. Host bonus for Sept. is 60% off a set or cookware piece. The apple corer / slicer thick slice rod is on sale for $2.25. I hope that you are having a lovely summer and enjoy this beautiful weather.

Take care,
Peggy Xxxxxx
(P.S. We have moved, our new address is ......)

Hopefully more comes today! Off to a good start though!

I just got my online activity report for the past 24 hours....$142 in sales! Whooo Hoooo!

I sent my e-mail out last night, and have received an on-line order of $84 and 4 phone calls about orders. Thanks Janet for the reminder.

Oh - and I got a reply to the email from a past guest who wants to do a catalog party still for August!:thumbup:

Thanks Janet :) I like the idea of doing a contest and hadn't thought to do that before. I now have 2 bookings one for Sept and one for Oct that I didn't have before and 5 people emailed about the contest, 2 of them saying that they placed orders :) The two bookings were looking around while doing the contest!

Yeah for great results!!!!

Thanks Janet!
Sent out the email yesterday & already received 3 orders online.
Anything to boost the sales.:)

See, we gripe that it isn't interesting to us, but spin it positively and you'll hit SOMEONE out there who likes what you don't. :)

I promise not to gripe anymore! LOL I got 2 orders today!

janetupnorth said:
See, we gripe that it isn't interesting to us, but spin it positively and you'll hit SOMEONE out there who likes what you don't. :)

Yep! Out of $142 in orders - $100 of it was the Platter and Carving Sets!

Thanks, Janet. I added a reminder about the retiring items, and sent the e-mail just a few minutes ago, so probably won't orders (if any!!) until tomorrow. Praying this works, because nothing else has this month!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yep! Out of $142 in orders - $100 of it was the Platter and Carving Sets!

...and THAT has been on there for more than a month!

So, customers either didn't look last time OR YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM A NEED OR USE FOR IT! ;)

Thanks Janet! I just finished sending mine out! I am now off to bed and hope to wake up tomorrow to lots of orders and emails. ha ha :)

1. What are the back-to-school deals currently available on the Pampered Chef website?

The outlet has been updated with great deals on discontinued items for kids and fall weddings. There are also exclusive discounts for past hosts.

2. How can I access the outlet specials on the Pampered Chef website?

To access the outlet specials, go to the Pampered Chef website and click on "Order Products" in the bottom left corner. Then, click on "Option #2 - Place an Order" and select "Outlet Specials" in the bottom left-hand corner.

3. Are outlet items limited in quantity?

Yes, outlet items are while supplies last. Once an item is sold out, it will no longer be available.

4. What is this month's contest and how can I enter?

This month's contest is to place an order on the Pampered Chef website and email the host with the guest special for August and the outlet item on sale for $2.25. The contest will run from August 19th to August 29th.

5. What types of prizes can I win in the monthly contest?

The prizes for the monthly contest range from $2.00 to $20.00 and consist of various Pampered Chef items such as Twix-it clips, Season's Best, spatulas, and crocks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ragschef