• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009?

but this is my business. I am only here to learn and ask questions. I will start posting my successes and questions. Hi Tammy! Welcome aboard! I'm glad you're here! :)No action yet today, but will post later! :)
That's cool, Rae! Way to go! How did you make the contacts??

One was a call I made to a friend to check on her while I was driving. She's the one who booked.Two others happened at Hobby Lobby. As I approached the cashier, she was talking with a lady who was on her way out. They were talking about disrespectful grandkids. The cashier's are 13 and 15. They're old enough to fix something for themselves but seem to expect grandma to wait on them. She saw my shirt and said, "And you're wearing a Pampered Chef shirt. I don't feel very pampered."I said, "Well, you poor thing. You definitely deserve to be pampered." I pulled a recipe card for the Peppermint Fudge Sandwich Cookies from my purse, handed it to her and said, "I want you to go home and make a batch of these all for yourself. Don't share them with the grandkids. They can make their own if they want some."She started laughing and said she just might do that. She loves peppermint and chocolate. The woman who had just stepped in behind me said, "Chocolate and peppermint? What do you have there?"I handed her a copy and said, "Just the best cookie recipe ever. Here's one for you. If you don't have a PC consultant who's meeting your needs right now, please feel free to contact me. I have lots more great recipes and tools to make things quick and easy." With that I took my things and left, wishing them both a great evening.The forth was at Steak N Shake. The young woman who seated me was also the cashier. I was my usual cheery self as I entered. As I was checking out, she said that she wished everyone was so cheerful, then asked just what made me so happy. I told her I love my job and I lead an amazing life. She asked what my job was, so I told her I'm a PC Consultant. She wasn't familiar with PC, so I gave her a mini-catalog and a quick explanation. I encouraged her to contact me so I could tell her more.

Love your words, Rae! Thanks...I will need to keep those in mind. I'm terrible at making chit-chat with strangers...I'm too damn shy!! grrr.....

Can't say I've ever been described as shy, but it's taken me a while to learn how to talk PC without feeling like I'm some pushy weirdo. I don't mind being considered a weirdo. It's the pushy part I avoid. LOL!

So, that would make me a SHY pushy weirdo....:eek:....not good!! LOL

Today, I made 8 calls - 1 not home, 2 VMs, 2 host coaching calls, 1 show later, 1 will put catalogue at work, 1 busy call tomorrow (she's a recruit lead).

Three live contacts today. One September catalog show booked. :)

Woo-Hoo, three contacts, one answering machine-left message, e-mailed one about having a catalog show, one live person-booked show for October-justs has to nail down date, but she is so excited. My show that she attended had been her first ever and she said she had a great time!

#1. Checked back with a recruit lead...not ready yet. She knows that when she IS ready, she will be doing PC and will sign through me. I will keep her updated on incentives in the meantime.

#2. Customer care call (product adjustment) and she may order something later this month.

#3. Host moved from Oct 3rd to Oct 24th.

#4. Host coached my host for her show on the 18th and she is seriously considering signing. Hopefully by the time her show comes she will be a yes! (She seems like she would be great at PC).

Made two calls and spoke to both of them about having a show. They aren't sure. Asked me to contact them again later.

I think I have been doing really good making calls. Some days I don't call at all but on days I do I have been calling 4-5 people at least so I think I average 3 a day. I just ordered the catalog tote (the one with the window in the front) after seeing another consultant with it at the festival I worked recently. I think it will open doors to conversation and give me a place to store my mini-catalogs and recipe cards. I haven't put them in my purse for fear of messing them up.

I really like my catalog tote Paige. I can go weeks without a mention of it and think that I should stop using it and then next thing you know I get 2 bookings and several leads all in a week. It makes you a walking billboard with a mouth.

Crappy day it seems today....:grumpy:......talked to one girl at work about PC - she will look at catalogue. Made one CCC - no interest. That's it! Just the kinda day (or mostly evening, I should say) I had!

Tomorrow's another day! :)

Three contacts today, including a new catalog show for September. She won't close until early October, but that's okay. Another of the contacts was someone who wanted a catalog so she could order from two of my shows this month. The third was someone who wants to add an order to my next show that needs a boost. :)

Got a cooking show booked for October 11th! (7 down...3 to go!)

Also closed a show and the host is considering becoming a hobby consultant. She will let me know in the next few days.

Confirmed that one of my September catty shows IS infact going to happen.

Had a show yesterday--9 guests. In addition, made a contact at Wal-Mart.

Did my first 3 calls a day Thursday evening.. 2 messages, one already emailed back to book, and the 3rd wants me to call Monday night to firm up a date for a show. I also was just at the store to get regular groceries and got the candy for the peppermint choc. cookie sandwiches... the checkout lady said "oh I love these candies'... I told her I knew a great recipe for making cookies with them.. she was thrilled. I gave her my card, took her email and emailed her the recipe. YIPPEE!

Made contacts at my show last night. Show started at 7 and I was getting worried, because there was 1 person there by then!! A couple more showed up shortly after. Well, it ended up there were 13 guests, sales are at $750, got 1 booking for December and 2 maybes for later on in the fall and one curious about the business. All in all, it was a great night! :)

Good for you, Marie-France!I had two contacts today. Not bad since I don't make calls on Sundays.

Had a kids fair yesterday - only 30 kids but I got 3-4 people added to my newsletter list and a few who want to order and took a catalog. I need to follow up with them.Then I had a show - crazy one - scheduled at 2, she told everyone 3 - good thing because I was late getting out of town and made it to her house at 2:45. I was ready to go by 2:55 but the family is just coming and going everywhere with kids everywhere. We started at 3:30 but they kept coming and going so I couldn't give a "spiel" and if I tried to say something the husband joked about something else...so I went with it. The women all there were one family...they've heard my "spiel" so I just showed them some new stuff and told them about upcoming specials. I'll have 2 bookings (all in the family)...the book off each other and take turns.I have a recruit lead from the previous show and I may pass these 2 bookings on to her. I gave her the DVD and a flyer, she came to fall kick-off last Saturday and loved it all. I need to follow-up this week with her...she's DEFINITELY interested but I want to get her to book shows and set herself up well.I need to make some more contacts and get some shows on my October/November calendar, but it was my crazy week last week and won't slow down until this Friday night. I'm booked solid this week too. (...and I was called TWICE to teach 2 Red Cross classes - it was SO EASY to say NO!) I need to focus on my FT job and kids this week.

Saw a friend last night - she originally had wanted an Oct/Nov show - but decided on September 27th cause she wants cookware! Now I have 5 cooking shows/1 catalog for September - yay! It's going to be crazy as 4 of the 5 are on the 24th, 25th, 27th and 28th plus I have a baby shower to go to on the 27th as well. Now I just need some dates for October and November - hoping to get a lot of bookings from these shows. My show for this Tuesday has 18 rsvp's on her evites - can't wait (and it's an afternoon show too!)

PChefPEI said:
Made contacts at my show last night. Show started at 7 and I was getting worried, because there was 1 person there by then!! A couple more showed up shortly after. Well, it ended up there were 13 guests, sales are at $750, got 1 booking for December and 2 maybes for later on in the fall and one curious about the business. All in all, it was a great night! :)

WOW! What a great night! :thumbup:

Today I spoke with 3 of my team members.

In addition to that:

#1. Got a "no" from someone that checked "maybe" on their DPDS.
#2. Got a "no" from a past host that I offered the opportunity to. She is collecting orders for a catalog show though.
#3. Invited my host for this Thursday to go to our cluster meeting tomorrow night...she said yes.

Today, I made some big MAC calls from Saturday's show....9 calls- 5 VM, reached 4 people (1 October show TBC and one December show TBC).

Gave a catalogue to a friend from work.

F/U with a lady from New Brunswick to see if she ever received my catalogue I sent a while back. Turns out she was looking at my website today and was going to contact me about a show. She moved to PEI, about 15 minutes from me and wants a show ASAP so that her friends can order for Christmas!!!

Did one host coaching call for my show tomorrow night.

'Twas a good day! :)

What has everyone else been up to? This thread is awfully quiet! ;)

Okay - I've had so much going on with new recruits, and with my job at church, and with my mom, that I have been letting 3-2-1 slide - and I began feeling it.

Today, I had a cancellation for this evening at the last minute....:( and my show for Thursday had to reschedule because of a death, and a funeral now that day.:cry:

Did some calling, and now have a show booked for October 2nd, and another show - just checking on a date. (for November)
Then it made me nervous about next week's shows, so I called and chatted with both of those hosts - just to make sure everything was still all good. It is, so I'm feeling better about that.

Both of my recruits are doing well - so that is a bright note, along with the fact that I now have 7 shows for October. Just 3 more to book!:thumbup:

That's too bad, Becky, about your shows this week. Bummer. But, I'm glad you got on the phone to talk to your other upcoming hosts. Good move! I don't doubt that you will get your 3 more shows for October.

I had a show this afternoon - 18 guests - $769 in sales (yay!) and one booking. And I secured a booking for October from another past guest for the 26th - my only one for October so far. Hoping to fill up October and November from my remaining 5 September shows.

Newsletter Copy Cat on the Prowl :0)If you read this and have a newletter for Sept /Oct I'd sure appreciate a copy! thank you muchly

warm salutations
from the coolest state

Last edited:
I have been slacking on my 3-2-1. I have been doing host coaching and team coaching instead for now. My newest recruit had her first show tonight!

I will get on the ball this week though. I have shows on Thursday and Friday.

Had four contacts yesterday and did some host coaching.

Uhhhmm, sorry I haven't posted in awhile!! Can I re-join the club?:eek:

:eek: Seriously, I've been having some difficulties in my business and didn't want to post so that I wouldn't be negative (like it's ever stopped me before). So, long story short, I am restarting my business from scratch. Beginning October 1st I may be a Consultant again, and I'm honestly ok with it. DH & I talked some, and we both feel that PC has contributed much happiness for us both and maybe the Director level is not where i need to be right now. But I do still need an income (and my personal sales is where my $$ comes from), so I need to focus on my business.

Currently I only have 2 shows on my calendar for the ENTIRE year. And I do have 2 events scheduled as well. Believe it or not, I am really ok with it. My attitude has improved so I know my schedule will follow for the following reasons:
1. I'm not in a panic
2. I'm ready to TRY again.

so, if you will forgive me for my abrupt departure, I'd love to join the group again!!;)

Glad to have you back Amy!!!

amy07 said:
Uhhhmm, sorry I haven't posted in awhile!! Can I re-join the club?:eek:

:eek: Seriously, I've been having some difficulties in my business and didn't want to post so that I wouldn't be negative (like it's ever stopped me before). So, long story short, I am restarting my business from scratch. Beginning October 1st I may be a Consultant again, and I'm honestly ok with it. DH & I talked some, and we both feel that PC has contributed much happiness for us both and maybe the Director level is not where i need to be right now. But I do still need an income (and my personal sales is where my $$ comes from), so I need to focus on my business.

Currently I only have 2 shows on my calendar for the ENTIRE year. And I do have 2 events scheduled as well. Believe it or not, I am really ok with it. My attitude has improved so I know my schedule will follow for the following reasons:
1. I'm not in a panic
2. I'm ready to TRY again.

so, if you will forgive me for my abrupt departure, I'd love to join the group again!!;)

Hey Amy!! Good for you for figuring out what you want and getting back at it! I think what you're doing is great. I have to be honest...I am struggling lately with the whole "Director" thing. My Director created a Dream Team where those who want to seriously promote to Director are a part of. I am a part of it, but am struggling with wether I want to be there or not. I hate that feeling!! I know that I want to become Director, but there's just something inside me that seems to be stopping me and I can't figure out what it is!! It's becoming increasingly frustrating for me. I am working through it though....

Anyway.....sorry for the long speel.....

Here's what I did yesterday - Had a show and there were 10 guests. Only 2 participated in the interactive part, so it wasn't as much fun as I think it could have been. Sales are at $525 and only because she had a good number of outside orders. I think she will easily reach $600 as she has a few more orders to come in. No recruit leads and one possible booking.

Spent the day yesterday with my friend as she went through another chemo treatment. Made a couple of calls before I picked her up, so I had 2 contacts.

Amy and MF~ya'll need to go with your heart! You cannot promote or continue as a Director if your heart isn't in it~it won't be good for you or for anyone else! Re-examine your "why" and that will tell you what you need to know!

How do I know all of this??? I am in the "repromotion" period and am finding it making me look back at the basics, which has helped me to figure out that I need a recommitment from myself to do the best I can and not just skate along doing the bare minimum for myself & my team!

You will make the choice that is right for you ~and no one will look at you as a failure or slacker or whatever for doing what is right for you!

Glad to have you back Amy!

Okay, I have been making my contacts, just haven't stopped in to post. Getting a few no's, so I should be getting closer to getting those "yes's" to bookings. I have a few people that are "checking their calendars". I have had a hard time getting people to commit. I have a show this morning. I did have a show scheduled for this evening, but the host has been MIA since day one. I have had a few other cancellations, and MIA hosts that I am trying to reach as well.

yesterday I did not make calls. But I did have some email communications with potentials -their preferred method of contact.
I did speak to one lady who wants some catalogs. But to be honest, I really do NOT like dealing with this woman. But that is the great thing about my new attitude - I can CHOOSE who I work with!;)

I'm attempting calls today!

oh, and for those who have told me to re-examine my "why". Not to be snotty or rude, BUT I've always known my why. Unfortunately I fell into believing that what I was doing wasn't good enough. And I started comparing myself to the "stars". It was very disheartening. Truth is, I WAS doing all of that we are "encouraged" to do. I was recruiting and booking shows like crazy. But I cannot make another person do anything that they do not or will not do. So, if my success is based on others, PC can keep it. Ya know what I think about that?!?! Baloney! I'm happy that I can pay for my kids extracurricular activities and dinners out occassionally. MY family is more important than getting postcards and such. I'm back to why I started my business in the first place: Earning extra $$ (not a FT income), having a little "something" of my own. If my team follows great. If not, that's ok too. I only hope that they can forgive me for trying to get them to follow that crazy path I was on. Seems I was so frustrated with them, and they had it right all along. :rolleyes:

amy07 said:
oh, and for those who have told me to re-examine my "why". Not to be snotty or rude, BUT I've always known my why. Unfortunately I fell into believing that what I was doing wasn't good enough. And I started comparing myself to the "stars". It was very disheartening. Truth is, I WAS doing all of that we are "encouraged" to do. I was recruiting and booking shows like crazy. But I cannot make another person do anything that they do not or will not do. So, if my success is based on others, PC can keep it. Ya know what I think about that?!?! Baloney! I'm happy that I can pay for my kids extracurricular activities and dinners out occassionally. MY family is more important than getting postcards and such. I'm back to why I started my business in the first place: Earning extra $$ (not a FT income), having a little "something" of my own. If my team follows great. If not, that's ok too. I only hope that they can forgive me for trying to get them to follow that crazy path I was on. Seems I was so frustrated with them, and they had it right all along. :rolleyes:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Amy!!!! Your words are truly awesome and are a big "Ah Ha" for me! My why has always been to have something of my own. It's not even so much about the money and the extra rewards (although those things are nice). I have to tell you that the other day, when my 4 YO DD said to me "but I don't want you to make phone calls", it stopped me in my tracks and made me wonder why I spend so much time at this business. Don't get me wrong, I love PC, but my DD is #1 for me and if she feels like I'm taking time away from her, that is the last thing I want to do. I work FT too, so every spare minute with her that I get is precious. Time to re-prioritize and get myself back to where I wanted to be to begin with!!

No offense taken--making sure you know your why is always my first suggestion when someone's struggling. Sometimes that's the problem. In your cases it obviously wasn't. It sounds like both of you were able to take a good look at your priorities and your schedules so you can figure out where (and even if) PC fits in.

thanks Rae!

got my 3 in today. No bookings or recruit leads. just returns on CCC's.

I made three calls and talked to two answering machines and one person who took a message for me.

I haven't confessed my lack of 3-2-1 communication so I'm here to do it now.I have a show tonight with 7 confirmed RSVPs. I've made three CC calls today and two more Host Coaching calls. I hope the show tonight goes well.. I'm exhausted and need a good 12 hour sleep... Going on just 2 right now due to family crisis, my house being infested with tiny ants, and too much more.I hope everyone will hold me to keeping up with my 3-2-1.Thanks Cheffers.

raebates said:
No offense taken--making sure you know your why is always my first suggestion when someone's struggling. Sometimes that's the problem. In your cases it obviously wasn't.

It sounds like both of you were able to take a good look at your priorities and your schedules so you can figure out where (and even if) PC fits in.

Thanks! :)

jessicafawn said:
I haven't confessed my lack of 3-2-1 communication so I'm here to do it now.

I have a show tonight with 7 confirmed RSVPs. I've made three CC calls today and two more Host Coaching calls.

I hope the show tonight goes well.. I'm exhausted and need a good 12 hour sleep... Going on just 2 right now due to family crisis, my house being infested with tiny ants, and too much more.

I hope everyone will hold me to keeping up with my 3-2-1.

Thanks Cheffers.

Good luck with your show tonight! :) Hope you get your ants under control (and your "much more")!! :)

Wednesday - talked to my SIL again about a party. She hasn't had a house warming yet since her and my DBrother bought their house. She thinks this would be a great idea. Also, there were 10 guests at the Party I did and sales are at $525 (thanks to outside orders!!).

Yesterday - Dropped off a host packet to a lady who wants to do a show ASAP...will follow up with her today, because she wasn't home. Also called my host for tonight's show and she's super excited (I love excited hosts!!). Also called my host from last Saturday's show and she had 2 more orders for me. Her total is now at $830!!! She has two more orders to come, so we are closing her show on Saturday.

I have a show tonight, so I will have made my 15 contacts this week! :D Very proud of myself. I have no shows set for next week, so my goal will be to book October (which I totally know I can do!!!). Oh, and I plan on making some big MAC calls today too (if I get a chance) from Wednesday's show.

amy07 said:
yesterday I did not make calls. But I did have some email communications with potentials -their preferred method of contact.
I did speak to one lady who wants some catalogs. But to be honest, I really do NOT like dealing with this woman. But that is the great thing about my new attitude - I can CHOOSE who I work with!;)

I'm attempting calls today!

no offense taken here....looks like you just went back to basics and I think that is really important! Comparing ourselves to others in anything is just no good and to remember why you enjoy what you do is good! Go get 'em girl!

amy07 said:

chefmeg said:
no offense taken here....looks like you just went back to basics and I think that is really important! Comparing ourselves to others in anything is just no good and to remember why you enjoy what you do is good! Go get 'em girl!

No offense taken here as well........I agree with Rae and Meg. It is all about going back to the basics. (for you, it is to earn a little extra income, and not a FT income, so if all you are looking for is a little something extra, then of course you do not need to be trying to work your business like crazy). We have to remember the line, "We are in the business for ourselves...............", so we should run our business the way that best suites each of us.

It makes me think of one of the Belinda CD's where she is talking about goals and defining success. She talks about how one consultant had a goal of let's say $3,000 for the month. Her sales were higher than her goal for that month. She goes to her cluster meeting, where the top seller had sales of $5,000. She get's disappointed because she did not have the top sales. She is still a successful person! She met HER goals.

As far as my contacts go, I had a show yesterday during the day. There were 7 guests plus the host. Out of those 7, 1 was the past host, and 2 others were at that past host's show. The host had no outside orders prior to the show, and sales were only at $80.00. A couple of the guests were taking catalogs to collect orders for the host (and the host was also going to collect some more orders.) There were 3 bookings (2 of them were from the 2 guests that attended the last show, and had already expressed interest for Fall shows. The host had said she had thought about the opportunity in the past, but doesn't think she is going to do it right now (even with her 3 bookings). She wants to keep the show open until the month end!!! (Ugh!) I may see if she minds if my director gives her a call about the opportunity (something my director has just put into place with her team.) The 3rd guest that booked did ask me how much I make at a show (although, when I asked her prior to her question, about the opportunity, she had the "too busy" objection).

weird how things happen..............so, once I decide to lay low with my business, people are coming to me. Go figure.

I believe God wanted to get my attention about this whole thing. I'd been focusing too much on what I could get instead of appreciating what I already had. Now, that I'm back to reality and taking it a day at a time again (and rebuilding my ENTIRE calendar) it seems opportunities are being presented to me. Or maybe they were always there, but I came across as too pushy or greedy and turned people off.

It's only 1pm and my contacts are already made for the day!!
No shows, no recruits, just CCC's. BUT I did have someone contact me about a fundraiser of sorts. We'll see how it pans out!

<h2>What is the concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009"?</h2><p>The concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009" is to set and achieve realistic goals in three different areas: physical, nutritional, and mental. This approach encourages a well-rounded and balanced lifestyle.</p><h2>What are the benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program?</h2><p>The benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program include increased accountability, motivation, and support. By setting and sharing your goals with others, you are more likely to follow through and achieve them. Additionally, you will have a community of like-minded individuals to provide encouragement and support.</p><h2>What is the difference between this year's 3-2-1 program and last year's?</h2><p>This year's 3-2-1 program is an all-new thread, meaning it is a fresh start for everyone. It is a great opportunity for those who may have fallen off track last year to recommit and for new members to join in. Additionally, this year's program will have a renewed focus on accountability and holding each other to our goals.</p><h2>What types of goals can be set for the 3-2-1 program?</h2><p>Goals for the 3-2-1 program can be related to physical health, such as exercising a certain number of times per week or improving overall fitness. They can also be related to nutrition, such as incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet or reducing sugar intake. Mental health goals can include practicing self-care, reducing stress, or learning a new skill.</p><h2>How can I join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread?</h2><p>To join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread, simply start by setting your goals and sharing them with the community. You can then check in regularly, share your progress, and provide support and encouragement to others. It is also helpful to set specific check-in days and times to hold yourself accountable and stay on track.</p>

Related to Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009?

What is the concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009"?

The concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009" is to set and achieve realistic goals in three different areas: physical, nutritional, and mental. This approach encourages a well-rounded and balanced lifestyle.

What are the benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program?

The benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program include increased accountability, motivation, and support. By setting and sharing your goals with others, you are more likely to follow through and achieve them. Additionally, you will have a community of like-minded individuals to provide encouragement and support.

What is the difference between this year's 3-2-1 program and last year's?

This year's 3-2-1 program is an all-new thread, meaning it is a fresh start for everyone. It is a great opportunity for those who may have fallen off track last year to recommit and for new members to join in. Additionally, this year's program will have a renewed focus on accountability and holding each other to our goals.

What types of goals can be set for the 3-2-1 program?

Goals for the 3-2-1 program can be related to physical health, such as exercising a certain number of times per week or improving overall fitness. They can also be related to nutrition, such as incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet or reducing sugar intake. Mental health goals can include practicing self-care, reducing stress, or learning a new skill.

How can I join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread?

To join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread, simply start by setting your goals and sharing them with the community. You can then check in regularly, share your progress, and provide support and encouragement to others. It is also helpful to set specific check-in days and times to hold yourself accountable and stay on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
43 44 45 46 47
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • ChefLisa
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedtara