• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009?

but this is my business. I am only here to learn and ask questions. I will start posting my successes and questions. Hi Tammy! Welcome aboard! I'm glad you're here! :)No action yet today, but will post later! :)
  • #1,151
raebates said:
I'm closing a show tonight, but other than that I've decided to basically take the rest of the week off. I'll start back on calls on Monday.

Same here - closing a couple shows tonight, and then I'm done until December! (Other than if I get takers on my Thanksgiving Sale...)

• #1,152
Oh, don't get me wrong. I plan to process dozens of orders from my Black Friday sale, which will require some your-order-total-is calls. ;) I'm just not doing my usual CCCs.

• #1,153
Well, it sounds like we all have the same idea:
we are going to take the break, but still work our business every chance we get!

I have about 4 shows to close still, and of course they are all wanting to do it Sunday evening. And my pre-black Friday sale..........

• #1,154
I have my last show for the month tonight. I have several shows that all want to close after Thanksgiving so that should be interesting. Nothing like scrambling to get shows in the last day of the month....sigh...

• #1,155
I made calls tonight. Did get one order (over $100) for my pre-black friday sales. No bookings. Also connected with a recruit lead who is coming to my December Christmas Team party. She is working on getting her January shows booked - she's asking her family to put $ towards her kit as a Christmas present. We shall see. I've learned (and still learning) to not get too excited until qualification!!

• #1,156
Just closed my show at $400...not too bad for the group.

• #1,157
For my 3-2-1 family....Ok, I'm putting this here because those on this thread probably "know" me the best and would possibly offer the best advice as to what I should do in this situation. And I trust you guys for good advice!:angel:

So, tonight when I was making calls I contacted a lead from a booth I had in October. She had checked interest in hosting a show, but I could never get her on the phone until tonight. I could tell in her voice right off the bat that something wasn't right, so I asked her if she was ok. She breaks down, and tells me that she just found out today that she has a mass in her lung that may be cancer. She is only 28!! She went to the DR for back pain, and during an MRI for her back they found this mass. So, she was totally shocked and upset as you can imagine. This is where I need help......I NEVER know what to say in these situations! I asked her if she had someone home with her now because I was prepared to sit on the phone with this woman until someone, anybody, showed up to comfort her. Her husband was there, but she was so distraught. I didn't know what to do at all, or what to say. I told her that I would pray for her and her family. I will send her a card, but should I? And what kind of card? Thinking of you? I don't want it to seem insincere, but I do not know this woman either. I just have no point of reference for these types of situations. I know it sounds cold, but I just don't know what to say so often I don't say anything at all. I mean what would you do??!?!? I need help.

And if this is not a coinkydink I don't know what is! This is the 2nd time THIS WEEK that I have heard this EXACT SAME POSSIBLE DIAGNOSIS!!

• #1,158
Oh, Amy! I wish I knew what to tell you, but I would also be stuck for words. I would probably be crying right along with her. :(.

• #1,159
Re: For my 3-2-1 family....
amy07 said:
Ok, I'm putting this here because those on this thread probably "know" me the best and would possibly offer the best advice as to what I should do in this situation. And I trust you guys for good advice!:angel:

So, tonight when I was making calls I contacted a lead from a booth I had in October. She had checked interest in hosting a show, but I could never get her on the phone until tonight. I could tell in her voice right off the bat that something wasn't right, so I asked her if she was ok. She breaks down, and tells me that she just found out today that she has a mass in her lung that may be cancer. She is only 28!! She went to the DR for back pain, and during an MRI for her back they found this mass. So, she was totally shocked and upset as you can imagine. This is where I need help......I NEVER know what to say in these situations! I asked her if she had someone home with her now because I was prepared to sit on the phone with this woman until someone, anybody, showed up to comfort her. Her husband was there, but she was so distraught. I didn't know what to do at all, or what to say. I told her that I would pray for her and her family. I will send her a card, but should I? And what kind of card? Thinking of you? I don't want it to seem insincere, but I do not know this woman either. I just have no point of reference for these types of situations. I know it sounds cold, but I just don't know what to say so often I don't say anything at all. I mean what would you do??!?!? I need help.

And if this is not a coinkydink I don't know what is! This is the 2nd time THIS WEEK that I have heard this EXACT SAME POSSIBLE DIAGNOSIS!!

Oh Amy, that would be such an awkward situation...I think you said all the right things. She may not even remember you called when tomorrow comes! A card would be a nice gesture, but I don't think it's something you NEED to do. Keeping her in your prayers I think is the best thing you can do for her. I know I'll pray for her!!

And, that is very odd that you have heard this same possible diagnosis twice in one week.....

• #1,160
As far as my contacts today, I only made 1, which resulted in a December catty show.

I did leave a few messages for MIA November and December hosts. I spent quite a bit of the day trying to (re)organize some of my contact binders. I hope to make more contacts tomorrow!

• #1,161
Send her a note. Find a verse to include and/or tell her your thinking of her and will continue to pray for her. She doesn't expect anything from you, so anything will be encouragement. Pray and ask God to "show" you what to do.

• #1,162
My update for today -
- Left another message with my host for next Wednesday.
- Managed to get my SIL's show up to $160 with some OOs I had. I sure hope she can round up at least another $40!!
- Had a lady call me tonight, said she had rounded up some orders for a show her SIL was having that didn't happen (death in the community). She had enough to make it a catalogue show. Had $360 in orders!!!!!!! About 1/2 of that was from my recruiter who is no longer selling. So, I made about 90 bucks in 20 minutes....gotta love that! :love:
- Left a VM with someone who wants to order something.
- Called a lady who was at the party I did last Friday. Had said she was interested in a show, but had since changed her mind.
- Called another lady interested in hosting before Christmas. Is still interested, but will get back to me in a couple days.
- Called another lady interested in hosting before Christmas, but is too busy right now. She asked me to send her a catalogue. Will get that in the mail for her tomorrow.

That's it for today! :)

• #1,163
Good advice so far - I'm a card person too_On the diagnosis, stranger things have happened. When I was doing my clinical for EMT-B up here in the ER, 3 men came in with 1 hour, all with kidney stones. The city is only about 10K people total!We thought that was odd too...

• #1,164
I'm so sorry, Amy. Sometimes knowing what someone else is going through can be a burden in and of itself. You have done what you could--listened and offered comfort. I would send a thinking-of-you card. It's what you're doing.If it were me, I'd check back in a week or so to see if the doctors know anything new. I have a friend who is currently going through treatments for cancer. Just knowing that people care is helpful. If the news is dire, you might suggest she check out caringbridge.com. It's a site geared toward cancer patients where patients can blog about what they're going through. It helps friends and family keep up with what's going on when you really don't need 187 people calling each day to check on you.You'll be in my prayers, Amy, as you deal with this.

• #1,165
thanks for your kind words/advice/encouragement.
I "have" to send a card. I feel like she HAD to share with someone, and I want to let her know that I "heard" her. Lord knows I have been in situations that I just wanted someone to hear me....

• #1,166
amy07 said:
thanks for your kind words/advice/encouragement.
I "have" to send a card. I feel like she HAD to share with someone, and I want to let her know that I "heard" her. Lord knows I have been in situations that I just wanted someone to hear me....

And I don't think anything happens randomly. There is a reason you called her when you did, and that you were the person she had to share with. God had you there for just that time!

I will pray that you will follow His leading, and that He will bless you and your customer too as you do.

• #1,167
Can you believe I just got e-mails back from 2 catalog hosts within 5 minutes of each other?Of course I e-mailed both tonight.One will just qualify ($150), but I think the second is around $350 or so.I went from practically nothing in November a week ago to at least being able to get my two shows in and maybe having a $1000 month...pretty close. I'm only about 1 show away from my $15K in career sales then (FINALLY!). :)

• #1,168
Amy... I agree with you. I would also send a card.

Janet... Way to go on your $15K in career sales! You are going to LOVE that extra 2%!

Marie France.... Woo Hoo on all those contacts! Keep up the great work!

• #1,169
Okay so I just got back from my show.

It is not even qualified! (again!)

I did get a January booking. And also the past host that was there is thinking about signing up at the end of December to be a hobby consultant. If she does, I will lose my January booking because they are good friends.

So it wasn't a total wash, but it's not getting me any closer to Miami....sigh...

• #1,170
Ellen, I know how frustrating the low sales can be! My highest show this ENTIRE month is going to be my pre-black friday sale!

But, as a new Director you need to keep growing your team like crazy - especially if you are getting mostly hobbyists. It will pay off in the end. It sounds like you always keep a pretty busy show schedule, it will all add up!!

• #1,171
haven't been on in a while, BUT that is because I have been working my business like a crazy woman!
I have 12 cooking shows for January!!!!!!!!!!! I think the only "secret" is that I am telling everyone what is in it for me as well as for them~people really do want to help me earn Disney!

• #1,172
chefmeg said:
haven't been on in a while, BUT that is because I have been working my business like a crazy woman!
I have 12 cooking shows for January!!!!!!!!!!! I think the only "secret" is that I am telling everyone what is in it for me as well as for them~people really do want to help me earn Disney!

Wow Meg, that is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! Good for you! :) What a great way to start 2009!

• #1,173
I haven't left the house or made a CCC call all day, and I don't intend to. What's more, I don't feel a bit guilty.

• #1,174
raebates said:
I haven't left the house or made a CCC call all day, and I don't intend to. What's more, I don't feel a bit guilty.

Me either!:D

I've done some cleaning, and some laundry, and I have a pumpkin pie ready to go into the oven right now.

DS and I are going to make Russian Teaball cookies too.

I have fielded a couple emails w/ questions about my Thanskgiving Sale, and I just closed a show at $575 w/ 2 bookings....have 2 more shows to close today, and I'm done for the month!

• #1,175
Good for you, Rae! :)

Hey, I like you're little snowflake smily (that's what it reminds me of, anyway.) Too bad Greg wouldn't add him to our smilies list....(hint hint ;))

• #1,176
Nice work Becky! :) I hope you're getting tons of new spring products with all those sales! :)

• #1,177
PChefPEI said:
Nice work Becky! :) I hope you're getting tons of new spring products with all those sales! :)

Well, I have the $3000 level accomplished - but, unless I have a $1000 Thanksgiving Sale or my hosts who are still closing get some orders for cookware sets, I won't make the $6000 level.:p

That's okay - I know I'll enjoy what I earned for FREE!

I'm just as excited that 2 of my team will be earning the $1500 level, and another will be earning the 2 shows level!:thumbup: It's so much fun being excited with them as they earn their first Sellathon products!

• #1,178
PChefPEI said:
Good for you, Rae! :)

Hey, I like you're little snowflake smily (that's what it reminds me of, anyway.) Too bad Greg wouldn't add him to our smilies list....(hint hint ;))

It's supposed to be fluffy (kinda like me ;))

I finished up the closing of a show and transmitted it. Arranged for a product adjustment for a customer. I got my kitchen and guest room company-ready. I got my Christmas newsletter printed and stuffed into the cards for those who get them. My cards are now ready to go in Friday's mail.

I've been working on my Black Friday shopping plan. Emails have been arriving all day with the specials. Um, not that I'm excited or anything. :angel:

• #1,179
Didn't get any contacts made yesterday...me bad...hehe. Had a FA (jewellery) party to go to last night (I know, it's not an excuse), and got home late.

Back at it tonight! :)

Have a couple HC calls to make and would like to make some CCC as well to see if I can drum up some sales for the end of the month. Have a show to close as well.

• #1,180
Well, my show for Dec 3 was cancelled. :( Will happen in the new year. But, she and one of her friends want some things, so she is going to email me an order on Sunday. She wants stoneware, so is very excited about the stoneware special for November. Maybe they'll have enough to make it a show!! :)

But now, my December is looking pretty bleak....I was so busy doing shows in November that I didn't get my December booked...:( Not used to that and I guess I should have had a plan!! I only have 1 show for the 1st and that's it!

I know I shouldn't think this way, but it's looking pretty bleak to be scheduling shows for December now. People are starting to feel the crunch to the holidays and don't have time. But, I do have a lady who did a show in the fall and her DD was interested in doing one at the end of December when she's home from University. Hopefully, that one will pan out.

I will concentrate on getting my January and February booked full and then hopefully, I'll be able to work a couple months ahead.

I didn't reach too many people on the phone yesterday either. Will see what I can do over the weekend.

• #1,181
I'm still in my pj's. And plan to take a shower and get back into clean ones. I'm completely lazy today. I do have some emails to respond to about my sale and will work on finalizing my shows tomorrow & sunday.

watching movies and munching on leftovers with my family. I am in complete bliss right now!:love:

• #1,182
I had good intentions on making calls this evening (had an extra 3 yr old over during the day playing with my DD, so the house was too hectic for daytime calls), but instead, I spent the time at Urgent Care with my 5 yr old DS. He got scratched and bit in the face by our neighbor's/friend's dog, when he went inside the house. Luckily, there were no deep punctures, and he just needed a cleaning, and some Neosporin, but one half of his face looks pretty banged up, the poor guy.

Meanwhile, as I was typing this, my host for tomorrow just called and has came down with something today, and will be changing her cooking show to a catty show. :(.

• #1,183
Had five contacts yesterday while out doing my Black Friday shopping. Didn't result in anything, but I had a lot of fun. :)

• #1,184
Finally got the November shows submitted.
Managed to book another January show - 2nd one for the 3rd. And got a "maybe" from another.....
Working the phone like crazy tomorrow

AND MEG!!!! ROCK OUT with your 12 shows!! Hope you can make the January meeting!! I want tips now though!!

• #1,185
Tried to close a show yesterday...no go, couldn't reach my host. So, it'll have to wait until tomorrow night, 'cause I have a show this evening. Host invited a lot of people, but only has 6 confirmed. People are actually telling her that it's getting too close to Christmas.... :rolleyes: ....on December 1st??? They must really be busy! ;)

My newest recruit lead was having trouble getting her agreement done, so she asked me to submit her show for her. So, will do that tonight and put $25 kit credit in for her. That works out well, because she still has people who want to order, so hopefully, we can get her agreement done soon so she can start submitting these orders. I think she's going to be great! :)

Not sure what's going on with my other recruit lead who had called me. My Director is going to (try) and reach her today to see what's up. Hopefully, she's just been busy and hasn't had a chance to call me back. Hope I didn't say something to scare her off!! :(

Didn't make any booking/recruit lead or CCC calls this weekend. Busy with DD Christmas shopping and decorating. This week, I'm hoping to get on the phone and promote my 12 days of Christmas sale and January/February bookings.

• #1,186
Still have contacts to make today, but after sending my December newletter last night, I was called with a $20 order today. I will take it!

• #1,187
did host coaching for this weekends shows. tried to connect with some leads, but no dice tonight. I'm determined to book January, but it is not looking to be easy. Guess it's a good thing I'm stubborn!

• #1,188
Okay, so I am new to this thread BUT......I think this is an awesome way to keep myself accountable, so count me in. I just made some calls and booked a show for Sunday, December 14th and a show for January and one for February. These are all actual cooking shows. Yeah, me!

I'm very excited because I had a lousy November - in fact, I'm going to get that lovely little letter stating that I didn't turn in $200 in November - but my December is looking okay - I have three cooking shows scheduled.

I am going to send out a few email offers for my early January dates I am still trying to book and see what comes of that.

• #1,189
welcome Sharon! This is the most positive thread for your business.

• #1,190
Welcome Sharon! And congrats on the new show bookings..that's awesome! Keep up the good work. And, as Amy said, this is the most positive thread for your business. I love how we all cheer eachother on and are there for eachother when times are tough.

Okay, now on with my 3-2-1...Had a show last night and it went really well. Sales are at $211.25. There were 9 guests and I got 1 booking and my host is considering the biz. She would be so much fun to have on my team!!

Today - Have to close 2 shows and get some product adjustments made. May get some calls in about my 12 Days of Christmas.

Last edited:
  • #1,191
Only made a couple of contacts yesterday. I did find a Holiday Bazaar event for this weekend (at a recreation center) and called and registered for it. I corresponded via e-mail with a potential recruit. I followed up with a potential host who attended my show last week. She is too busy right now, and said I could call her back in the early spring.

• #1,192
So - I am still in Thanksgiving mode!:rolleyes:

I do have a show tonight, she is expecting 13 so far, but had 19 she hadn't heard back from yet. She had a show last year at this time, and had several people show up who rsvp'd last minute - she had over 20 there - so we are planning on 20 this time too. It's a rowdy bunch - all Jr Hi & Sr. Hi teacher who are ready for Christmas Break!
We are doing the PB Cup Trifle, and the Greek Cheese Torta - so I think I'll do most of it before the show, and just sort of garnish and finish the recipes for them, and let them shop!

I really need to get on the phone, and firm up some of the "maybes" I have for Jan and Feb....why am I so not into it? I know I'll pay for it later if I don't!

• #1,193
Well hopefully this thread is the kick in the pants that I need. I really want to jumpstart my PC business for 2009. One because I want to go to Disney, 2 because PC makes me happy and my day job, I spend browsing CS instead of doing what I should do. My goal is to eventually make PC my primary income and continue to work for the bank part time. But I need to change the way I do things. I'm incredibly shy and won't approach strangers and they don't approach me and I'm not sure what to do. Even though I have very minimal christmas shopping to do this year I might "shop" more to expose myself to more people and oppurtunities. I plan to actually make my CC calls so I can reach out to past guests I may not have gotten a show out of before. I will also reach out to more of my husbands extended family that I'm too shy and scared to ask. My January isn't where it should be yet, but I'm working on it. I have 2 solidly booked shows and doing an open house with 2 other vendors that I'm going to require RSVP's for. When I've done open houses in past I never ask for RSVP's and pay for it each time. I have a Feb. show so far as well. While I'm not working with nothing I've still got my work cut out for me. I definetly want some January shows for double points!! Also have to work harder at recruiting as well. Sorry for the long winded post. Just needed to get all my thoughts out.

• #1,194
welcome Katie!
Sounds like you are determined to get your business to a point that you want it. Keep with the 3-2-1 and you'll get there!:thumbup:

• #1,195
kcmckay said:
Well hopefully this thread is the kick in the pants that I need. I really want to jumpstart my PC business for 2009. One because I want to go to Disney, 2 because PC makes me happy and my day job, I spend browsing CS instead of doing what I should do. My goal is to eventually make PC my primary income and continue to work for the bank part time. But I need to change the way I do things. I'm incredibly shy and won't approach strangers and they don't approach me and I'm not sure what to do. Even though I have very minimal christmas shopping to do this year I might "shop" more to expose myself to more people and oppurtunities. I plan to actually make my CC calls so I can reach out to past guests I may not have gotten a show out of before. I will also reach out to more of my husbands extended family that I'm too shy and scared to ask. My January isn't where it should be yet, but I'm working on it. I have 2 solidly booked shows and doing an open house with 2 other vendors that I'm going to require RSVP's for. When I've done open houses in past I never ask for RSVP's and pay for it each time. I have a Feb. show so far as well. While I'm not working with nothing I've still got my work cut out for me. I definetly want some January shows for double points!! Also have to work harder at recruiting as well. Sorry for the long winded post. Just needed to get all my thoughts out.

Are you inside my head?? That is exactly how I felt 2 years ago when I started PC and still do when it comes to talking to strangers. It gets easier, I promise. Sounds like you're off to a great start for 2009. Doing CCCs is a great way to make your contacts, because they already know PC and many know you, so it's not like making complete cold calls.

And, I had to laugh when you said that you spend your time on CS when you should be working....that's what I'm doing now!! LOL :eek:

Keep working away and make sure you keep us updated on your progress. I love this thread and find it's the best boost for my business!

• #1,196
Welcome ladies! It's always nice to have people join in on this thread. :)

• #1,197
Welcome Sharon and Katie! Looking forward to hearing about all your 3-2-1 successes!

I have not made my calls today yet, but I did send out my second batch of newsletters today, and while I was out, I got a voicemail from a past host wanting to order the Salad Spinner! Wahoo! I am taking part in a booking blitz tonight, so I will be making all my calls during that time!

• #1,198
Sheesh!!! is today Wednesday (church night) and nobody told me?!?!?! I couldn't get anyone on the phone aside from 1 host for coaching!!

I think I need to go "shopping" tomorrow. I need to find those who are looking for a PC Consultant!;)

• #1,199
Was talking to a friend at work yesterday and her mother said to her that she was wanting to order some PC stuff, but couldn't only get it from Ontario! So, my friend told her that she knew someone at work who sold it and so I sent her my 12 days of Christmas special and she's going to give her a catalogue! :)

Closed a show from November 21 (Kids show) at $347.97.

Talked to a girl who wants to order something. She will email me her order today. I also talked to another lady who called me wanting to put together a catalogue show. I will send her catalogues and OOF today. Also have to call another lady today who wants to place an order.

I think that was it.......

• #1,200
Left a voicemail for the person that wanted to order the Salad Spinner, mentioned in the post above.

Participated in a booking blitz, and made 5 contacts:

~ An order for a current show.
~A past host that is not interested in hosting this year.
~2 customer care calls.
~Another customer care call to a past host which resulted in an adjustment update.

<h2>What is the concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009"?</h2><p>The concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009" is to set and achieve realistic goals in three different areas: physical, nutritional, and mental. This approach encourages a well-rounded and balanced lifestyle.</p><h2>What are the benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program?</h2><p>The benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program include increased accountability, motivation, and support. By setting and sharing your goals with others, you are more likely to follow through and achieve them. Additionally, you will have a community of like-minded individuals to provide encouragement and support.</p><h2>What is the difference between this year's 3-2-1 program and last year's?</h2><p>This year's 3-2-1 program is an all-new thread, meaning it is a fresh start for everyone. It is a great opportunity for those who may have fallen off track last year to recommit and for new members to join in. Additionally, this year's program will have a renewed focus on accountability and holding each other to our goals.</p><h2>What types of goals can be set for the 3-2-1 program?</h2><p>Goals for the 3-2-1 program can be related to physical health, such as exercising a certain number of times per week or improving overall fitness. They can also be related to nutrition, such as incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet or reducing sugar intake. Mental health goals can include practicing self-care, reducing stress, or learning a new skill.</p><h2>How can I join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread?</h2><p>To join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread, simply start by setting your goals and sharing them with the community. You can then check in regularly, share your progress, and provide support and encouragement to others. It is also helpful to set specific check-in days and times to hold yourself accountable and stay on track.</p>

Related to Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009?

What is the concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009"?

The concept behind "Ready to achieve 3-2-1 success in 2008/2009" is to set and achieve realistic goals in three different areas: physical, nutritional, and mental. This approach encourages a well-rounded and balanced lifestyle.

What are the benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program?

The benefits of participating in the 3-2-1 program include increased accountability, motivation, and support. By setting and sharing your goals with others, you are more likely to follow through and achieve them. Additionally, you will have a community of like-minded individuals to provide encouragement and support.

What is the difference between this year's 3-2-1 program and last year's?

This year's 3-2-1 program is an all-new thread, meaning it is a fresh start for everyone. It is a great opportunity for those who may have fallen off track last year to recommit and for new members to join in. Additionally, this year's program will have a renewed focus on accountability and holding each other to our goals.

What types of goals can be set for the 3-2-1 program?

Goals for the 3-2-1 program can be related to physical health, such as exercising a certain number of times per week or improving overall fitness. They can also be related to nutrition, such as incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet or reducing sugar intake. Mental health goals can include practicing self-care, reducing stress, or learning a new skill.

How can I join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread?

To join the 3-2-1 program and participate in the accountability thread, simply start by setting your goals and sharing them with the community. You can then check in regularly, share your progress, and provide support and encouragement to others. It is also helpful to set specific check-in days and times to hold yourself accountable and stay on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
43 44 45 46 47
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • ChefLisa
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedtara