• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Hostess Benefits....

In summary, Pampered Chef has been doing the Hostess Benefits this way for 2 years. The new system allows hosts to receive items from shows that are booked off of them, but there is now a minimum requirement of $150 in guest sales for a show to qualify. Host coaching is important to ensure the host meets this requirement. Some like the new system better because it gives them control over what they get for free, while others miss the simplicity of the old system. There is also a wish for a lower minimum for submitting a show.
hoosierchef
Ok...As a previous Cheffer from the old days of the point system....I'm curious as to how long Pampered Chef has been doing the Hostess Benefits this way. Specifiically the hostess getting the items at the shows of those that book off her! I think that is AWESOME!!!!

Tammi~ This new system started 2 years ago! Isn't the new system too cool?!?!?!

soccermama said:
Tammi~ This new system started 2 years ago! Isn't the new system too cool?!?!?!

I can see both the positives and negetives actually. I was so used to the "old" way that this system is really taking some getting used to.

I LOVE the Hostess Booking benefit! That is awesome!!

I'm not so sure about the $150 minimum though for a show. I totally see where PC is coming from, but my first show had only $132 in sales! :( Fortunately that was excluding one of the guests who took the book with her to share with some family. Her order has since taken my hostess over the $150, but what do you do when you have honestly had a cooking show and the sales sucked??? Does the $150 not include the Hostess order?

No, the host order does not count toward the show total. In order for it to be a "show" the guest totals have to be $150.

Yes, the new Host Program takes some getting used to... but you'll figure it out and will come to love it!

Host coaching is key... make sure the host knows that in order to qualify for her host benefits, she HAS to collect at least $150 in guest sales.

Good luck!

hoosierchef said:
I can see both the positives and negetives actually. I was so used to the "old" way that this system is really taking some getting used to.

I LOVE the Hostess Booking benefit! That is awesome!!

I'm not so sure about the $150 minimum though for a show. I totally see where PC is coming from, but my first show had only $132 in sales! :( Fortunately that was excluding one of the guests who took the book with her to share with some family. Her order has since taken my hostess over the $150, but what do you do when you have honestly had a cooking show and the sales sucked??? Does the $150 not include the Hostess order?

then you tell the hostess she needs to scrounge up some outside orders...she has to EARN her free stuff!

I like the new program better, especially when it comes to the booking benefit. On the points program hosts got extra points (It worked out to about $3 in credit) for each booking. There was no way to insure that the bookings held because the free product had already been given. Also, the host couldn't buy points, so when I hosted my starter show I got a bunch of Twix-its because they were the only thing that I had enough points for without going over...

I especially like the new program. I felt so bad for hosts who ended up saying, "I guess I'll take a couple of citrus peelers" when they were toward the end of their points. Now I just add up my host's wish list and subtract the free product. A few dollars one way or the other isn't an issue.Yeah, the $150 minimum is sometimes a pain. Most hosts, though, understand and will do their best to make it. If it's just one of those things, I can usually find someone who wants to add something to a show.

I totally like the new system better. I hosted tons of PC parties under the old system and never wanted to sell because it sounded so complicated! After I had a show under the new system I signed up right away!

Before I became a consultant it really was a pain picking my "free" based on points and then if I hit the bonus I had no choice but to take whatever HO decided to give--sometimes it was something I already had--granted somethings you can always use more than 1 of but still. The current system is great because you have control over what you want to get for free and if you go over you get a discount,etc.. It is so much easier closing out shows with the current system.

I also think it makes the catalogs look nicer when we don't have three sets of numbers by each product.

Oh, I forgot about that and trying to explain what that meant! Sure don't miss that!

Yeah the only thing I wish is that they'd have a lower minimum to submit a show but just no or less benefits then. Like maybe $100 in sales and just the 15% discount or even just a 10% discount. I had someone with $87 in sales and I bet she would have worked harder to get $13 in sales to get 10% off her order than to try to find $63, which she did not and then she got no benefits.

soccermama said:
Yes, the new Host Program takes some getting used to... but you'll figure it out and will come to love it!

Host coaching is key... make sure the host knows that in order to qualify for her host benefits, she HAS to collect at least $150 in guest sales.

Good luck!

Yeah...I know...but this hostess was my best-friend and let's just say her guests weren't the best! She's half the reason I decided to get back into PC too! :p

I don't feel like $150 is THAT hard to get to. It should be 3-5 orders. If they can't manage that, they shouldn't be hosting a show, IMO. I can be kind of snotty sometimes, so maybe I am being so now, but if you don't think you can collect 5 orders, you have no business hosting a show! I know I sound snotty...but it's kind of true!

I never dealt with the old system but I really like this system my mom says you dont get as much but I was playing around and it looks like you actually get more with this system.

speedychef said:
It should be 3-5 orders.
That depends on where you are. In my area, I still get at least one order for $20 or less on each show. People around here just don't have the extra income to place a large order.

Jennie4PC said:
I never dealt with the old system but I really like this system my mom says you dont get as much but I was playing around and it looks like you actually get more with this system.
The nice part about the new system is that if the host really wants one large item, they can apply the FPV to it even if they haven't earned enough to get it completely free.

speedychef said:
I don't feel like $150 is THAT hard to get to. It should be 3-5 orders. If they can't manage that, they shouldn't be hosting a show, IMO. I can be kind of snotty sometimes, so maybe I am being so now, but if you don't think you can collect 5 orders, you have no business hosting a show! I know I sound snotty...but it's kind of true!

I don't think your being snotty. Yes, I do agree. $150 is very obtainable! Her husband's family was the majority of who were there and they are tight wads. She has a sister-in-law who is "loaded" and could have easily afforded to spend alot, but she refused to buy. Ce Le Vie......So it goes....we can't have $1000 shows everyday.

Forgot about the points listed by the products in the catalog. I had an aunt who tried to convince her granddaughter (the host) that the points were what she earned when someone purchased that product. :eek: I set the host straight pretty easily, but it took a long time to convince my aunt that she had it wrong. Nope--no stubborn people in MY family. :rolleyes:

Jennie4PC said:

My director figured this when we first started the program. Our hosts get FAR FAR more than they did with points. And as others pointed out, we don't have to hit the amt of FPV exactly--our hosts can go over and still be able to use it on what THEY want!

I hosted under the points and I remember what a PITA it was to figure it exactly.

Like Rae said, now our hosts can use all the FPV towards one big item if they want, even if they don't have enough. I had a host do that last year. All she wanted was the Roasting Pan, so she applied her FPV and paid the difference.

Related to Question About Hostess Benefits....

Question 1: What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party comes with a variety of benefits, including earning free and discounted products, receiving exclusive hostess gifts, and having a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family.

Question 2: How do I earn free products as a hostess?

As a hostess, you can earn free products by reaching certain party sales levels. The higher your party sales, the more free products you can earn. You can also earn additional free products by booking future parties with your Pampered Chef consultant.

Question 3: Can I use my hostess benefits to purchase any products?

Yes, you can use your hostess benefits to purchase any products from the current Pampered Chef catalog, including new and seasonal items. However, hostess benefits cannot be used towards shipping or taxes.

Question 4: How long do I have to redeem my hostess benefits?

Hostess benefits are valid for 60 days from the date of your party. It is recommended to redeem your benefits as soon as possible to ensure the availability of the products you want.

Question 5: Can I combine my hostess benefits with other promotions or discounts?

No, hostess benefits cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. However, you can use your benefits towards discounted items in the current catalog.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thechefofnorthbend
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • MrsCaleb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MrsCaleb
  • sarahlegare