• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Clarifying Hostess Benefits: Understanding How to Use Your Free Products

In summary, this hostess is confused about what her free product can go towards. She is also confused about the knife set. I tell her that she can either choose the $125 in products or the $155 in products and the knife set for free. Finally, I stress that our host benefit program is 4 seperate offers and that if she takes advantage of all of them, it's an amazing deal!
sarahlegare
I got this email from a hostess this morning~

"I was reading the catalog today and am not sure if I understand what my free prod. can go towards. I read it as I can't us my free prod. earned towards the host benefit (deep covered baker) or the half-price items shown in the back of the book such as the knife set. Did I read it right? Seems silly that the money I earned can't go towards everything"

So how do I answer her in the best way possible. I know that she's "comparing" our host benefits with Silpada, her mom & sister sell it & quite frankly, I think ours is MUCH better. She's also my cousin, so I want to do this the BEST way possible!! Did I mention, it's an $800 CATTY SHOW!!! I'm offering her an extra $30 in free products & may tell her I'll buy her the deep covered baker free. HELP!!!!!

I always tell the hostess that the half priced and hostess special prices are ABOVE and beyond the FREE that they earn. They need to think of it as a bonus... not a way for you or PC to make more $$$. I usually tell them they can earn the knife set for FREE rather than pay 1/2 price.

I tell them that our host program is made up of 3 things: 1/2 price items, host bonus and free product. They can't combine the three. Doing it that way has made it very easy for my hosts to understand.

The answers above are perfect. I, as well, would stress that not only do hosts receive free products of their choice but they also have the opportunity to purchase half price and discounted items. Since our hosts NEVER pay full price she will actually get the most for her money by utilizing all of her host rewards. If you can try not to let her compare Silpada to PC. She will end up with a lot of products free and discounted especially with an $800.00 show!

not to mention free shipping and no taxes on the free stuff!

I just hosted a party with another DS company. I highly recommend that everyone to this from time to time just to see how WONDERFUL our Host Program truly is!

With this other DS company I had to pay the taxes on my FREE items. Once I spent my FREE dollars I did not get any additional discounts on my order and everything else was full price, and I did not get a host gift from my consultant. By far Pampered Chef Host benefits are the BEST!

& UNLIMITED DISCOUNT for her kitchen or gifts for upcoming events or holidays if there are still products on her wish list after she has used the host bonus, FREE product and 1/2 price options

What do you think of this for a response??Our host benefit program is 4 seperate offers & when you take advantage of them all, it's an amazing deal!!

1. Basically you get $125 in Free Products for having a $700 catalog show. I'm offering another $30 in Free products for catalog shows over $500, so you qualify for that as well. So either you can choose $125 in anything you'd like and I'll buy you the deep covered baker free, or you can have $155 in FREE products & spend you own money on the baker.

2. We offer our hosts an item at 60% off, just for hosts. That's the deep covered baker this month. That's above & beyond the free products.

3. You've also earned 3 items at 1/2 off. That's also above & beyond your free products! You can choose ANYTHING in the entire catalog as 1/2 off (not just the host 1/2 priced combos) So if you want the most bang for your buck, choosing something pricey for these items are the way to go~if you'd rather spend less, you can choose a moderately priced item, or something for $1 if you'd prefer. You don't have to use them at all if you don't want to!

4. If you go beyond the $125 in Free products, you get a discount on everything else~yours being 25% OFF! That's a great way to get some christmas shopping done at a savings as well!

The 1/2 priced & 60% off items are something that I don't make a commission on, so it's not like I'm trying to sell you something higher priced since I would benefit, it's just an added bonus! I hope this helps explain our benefits program a little better!! If you have any other questions, please ask away!!

Perfect Sarah! I'm gonna use your explanation from now on....thanks!

Your response is good. I always tell them that since those other benefits (50 & 60% off) are already discounted so much, the free product value cannot be applied to them.

I have to agree w/pamperedlinda...because I hosted another DS company, not only did i pay tax on my items, I had to pay shipping also! My order was $65 but with tax and shipping it was $81. That's a big deal!

vwpamperedchef said:
I have to agree w/pamperedlinda...because I hosted another DS company, not only did i pay tax on my items, I had to pay shipping also! My order was $65 but with tax and shipping it was $81. That's a big deal!
I did one of those last year too.....I was shocked at how much their shipping was (and they have very light-weight items ;) ) The one I hosted last week was with a home decor DS company. I was trying to decide on a mirror as one of my half-price items, but wasn't sure if it would work in my space so I asked the consultant what the return/exchange policy was....10 days! :eek: And then only if it is defective!! :eek: And, I would have to pay the shipping if I wanted an exchange :eek: . Needless to say, I did not get the mirror.

Pampered Chef has absolutely got the BEST Host program! :love:

yeah, I did a jewelry party and although I earned $150, anything and everything else was full price...no incentives or host only specials. plus, the jewelry was SO expensive that I only got 4 SMALL items, even when things were FREE, I couldn't justify spending over $100 for beads....eek!!!!

finley1991 said:
I tell them that our host program is made up of 3 things: 1/2 price items, host bonus and free product. They can't combine the three. Doing it that way has made it very easy for my hosts to understand.

This is also what I say. It seems to be working so far.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free and discounted products. As a hostess, you will also have the opportunity to try new recipes, learn cooking techniques, and have a fun and interactive experience with your friends and family.

How can I find a consultant to help me with my party?

You can find a Pampered Chef consultant by visiting our website and using the "Find a Consultant" tool. Simply enter your location and you will be provided with a list of consultants in your area who can assist you with your party.

What is the average party sales and how much free product can I earn?

The average party sales can vary depending on the number of guests and their purchases. However, as a hostess, you can earn up to 15% of your party sales in free products and receive discounts on additional products based on the party sales.

Can I host a virtual party instead of an in-person one?

Yes, you can host a virtual party through our online platform. This allows you to invite guests from anywhere and still have the same interactive and fun experience as an in-person party. Your consultant will guide you through the virtual party process.

What kind of support can I expect from my consultant?

Your consultant will be there to help you every step of the way. They will provide you with tips and advice on how to have a successful party, assist with guest orders and questions, and help you redeem your hostess rewards. They are dedicated to making your party a memorable and enjoyable experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Andrea Minier
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krzymomof4
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • Mindascookin