• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Host Ordering in PP: How Discounts Are Assigned

M
Mindascookin
Hey everyone...I want to make sure I understand the host ordering in PP. In the past none of my hosts wanted anything beyond their free product amount. This host though realizes a good deal when she sees it and is ordering some of the higher priced stuff. My question is how does PP assign each discount?

I've noticed that the first two items I enter get the 1/2 off and then after that it starts applying the free product value. She is elgible for $60 in free product and two half off deals. She wants the griddle, and the mandolin and the host special of the roasting pan. I've noticed that when I enter the griddle and mandolin only that the free product value doesn't kick in. However if I stick in another item (I used the bamboo tongs) as the second item it makes it the second half off item and gives her the mandolin for free. This seems like the best deal to me. Am I using PP correctly? Could she not order the griddle at half off and then apply her free product towards the mandolin?

I apologize if this makes no sense.

You can assign which product she gets for half-price by clicking on the column to the far right (H). Just make sure you give her the right amount of half-price items. I don't think PP will let you put in too many, but make sure you get all the ones she did earn - make sense? After the half-price items, the next ones will be taken out of the FPV and anything left will have the discount. So, the first few that you enter will go towards half-price, but you can change that. I'm not quite awake yet, so hopefully this makes sense.

Makes pefect sense...Thanks so much!!

Not only that, play around a little on which ones you make the 1/2 price items. Sometimes it makes a few dollars difference! And since we make little or no commission off the host since they usually get so much free or 1/2 off, I like trying to help them save a buck or two!

That's what I'm trying to do, give her the best deal possible. She's already told me that she really appreciates me trying to play around with it and helping her make the most of it. I'm always excited just to have a host so I try to treat 'em right! Thanks for the help guys!

1. How does PP assign discounts in host ordering?

PP assigns discounts based on the order in which items are entered into the system. The first two items will receive a 50% discount, and any additional items will be assigned the free product value.

2. Can a host use their free product value towards a higher priced item?

Yes, a host can use their free product value towards any item, regardless of price. However, they may only receive a 50% discount on the first two items, so it may be more beneficial for them to use the free product value on those items and receive a 50% discount on the higher priced items.

3. Is it necessary to enter a certain number of items for the discounts to be applied correctly?

No, it is not necessary to enter a certain number of items. However, the discounts will be applied differently depending on the number of items entered. It is important to enter the items in the order that will result in the best deal for the host.

4. Can a host choose which items receive the 50% discount and which items use the free product value?

No, PP automatically applies the discounts in the specific order - first two items at 50% off, then remaining items using free product value. However, the host can choose which items they want to use their free product value on.

5. What if a host wants to use their free product value on an item that is not one of the first two entered?

In this case, the host can choose to enter the item as the second or third item. If they enter it as the second item, it will receive a 50% discount and the first item will use the free product value. If they enter it as the third item, it will use the free product value and the first two items will receive a 50% discount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MoeSavoie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dottywotty
  • CAPCnewbie