• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Host Order a Gift Certificate Using Their Free Product Value?

P
Pampered Laura
HOSTS can order GC's with their host benefits, correct? With their free products value? Say I have a host who has $60 in free product... can she order a GC worth $60? (she wants the Deep Covered Baker for free, and she's in the middle of a catalog show)
TIA!

I would call HO on this to be sure. If you could let us know what you find out that would be great.

I'd say to "test" it with PP. Make a fake order with enough to give your host sufficient benefits to buy a gift certificate. Then enter the gift certificate order and see if the amount is discounted from the host's total. I usually find that if PP will let you do it, it'll go through.Of course, delete all that before you put the actual order in!I'd do it myself, but I'm at work right now without PP. Woe.

They won't let you order Gc's with a discount, either host discount, consultant discount, or Past Host discount. They are always full price. Also, if a guest buys a $60 GC, she will have to pay the $4 plus tax shipping if she wants the free bar board.

I thought it would be a great idea for out of town guests at a bridal shower to buy the bride GC's. Then she could put them all together and place her order with her PHdiscount. No dice. No discounts are allowed for either buying or redeeming the gift certificates.

As great of an idea they are, the gift certificates definately have some evolving to do.

You CANNOT order a gift certificate with any of the hosts benefits.

Yeah I tried it, no dice. Hosts can order them, but it's simply added on to the total. I'm gonna lose a show because of it - the only reason the host wants to do her show is to get the DCB. She is insistant that "nothing" else is worth doing a show for, and that 10% off when it comes back (from her pHD) is "not enough". Boo. :mad:

maybe when she decides to buy it, put it on anothers hosts order and offer her a little more off it. So if it's $65 and the host get 20% off then that would equal $52 and maybe offer it to her for $40? You would get commission on the $52 so it would all equal out.

Have her order something she does not want. When the Deep Covered Baker comes back, have her send back what she orders and replace it with the Deep Covered Baker.

I would just ask HO if a host purchases something with her free product value and ends up not wanting it, will she be able to exchange it for the Deep Covered Baker when it is available again.

For this situation, I would suggest you offer to send back whatever she is exchanging, but at least you will be able to keep a show. Not to mention, she would probably be thrilled you went out of your way for her.

1. Can hosts order gift certificates with their host benefits?

Yes, hosts can use their host benefits to order gift certificates.

2. Can hosts use the value of their free products to order gift certificates?

Yes, hosts can use the value of their free products to order gift certificates.

3. If a host has $60 in free product, can she order a gift certificate worth $60?

Yes, a host can use their free product value to order a gift certificate worth the same amount.

4. Can hosts order gift certificates during a catalog show?

Yes, hosts can order gift certificates during a catalog show.

5. Can a host use a gift certificate to get a specific product for free?

Yes, hosts can use a gift certificate to get a specific product for free, as long as the value of the gift certificate covers the cost of the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies