• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent What to Do About Backordered Item

In summary, the conversation is about a back-ordered salad chopper that the hostess had ordered for a cooking show. The hostess was going on vacation, so the consultant put the party in her name but with her own address for delivery. The consultant received an email stating that the item had been shipped, but it didn't arrive before she left for vacation. When she returned, she called the customer and left a message about the back-ordered item, assuming it had been delivered. However, a month later, the hostess called saying the customer never received the item. The consultant called the customer again and found out it had been sent by Smart Post and delivery was denied. The consultant finally received the item and is wondering if she
tracyt
Help!! What do I do? I had a cooking show on July 7th and one of the customers had ordered a salad chopper which ended up being back-ordered. Because the hostess was going on vacation, I put the party in her name, but put my address for c/o delivery.

Several days after submitting I received an email stating that the back-ordered item had been shipped. My family left around July 26th for our vacation and it still hadn't arrived.

When I got back, it still hadn't arrived, so I started wondering if maybe it had been sent to her. I called the customer and left a message since she wasn't there stating, "That her salad chopper had been back-ordered (which she would have known by now), and that it had been mailed out. If she had not received it, please call me so I could take care of it." I then left my number and I think I even said, "If I don't hear back from you, I will assume you received it."

And since I didn't hear back from her, I assumed she had gotten it. I am new, so I didn't know that I was the one who should have received it. Know that now. :balloon:

So anyway! The hostess called me last weekend (a month after my call to the customer) saying that the customer never got her back-ordered item. I told the hostess I was sorry, that I had called the customer and didn't hear back from her, so I assumed she had received it. I also told her, that I would call HO first thing Monday morning and find out what happened. She said the customer never mentioned my phone call. Not sure if she got it (maybe someone else took message and didn't give to her), or if she just ignored it, or if she misunderstood it.

Anyway! I called the customer again on Monday and left a message since she didn't answer, and then called the hostess to also tell her what happened to cover my bases in the case the customer didn't get the message again. Turns out the salad chopper was sent the first time by Smart Post? (Fed Ex to the post office thing) and the delivery was denied. ??? Looks like they tried to deliver a couple of times. At least one of those times, we were on vacation. :(

Soooo, I finally received the salad chopper in the mail today. What would you do? Just give the salad chopper to the hostess to give to the customer and leave it at that? Or should I included something in there with it as a sorry this took so long? :confused: What would you suggest?

TIA,
Tracy

I would add in a Season's Best and a hand written note with my apologies! Customer Service will pay off in the long run!!

I agree with a Season's Best and a hand written apology.

I had thought about a SB too. Thanks!! How would you word the apology?

Tracy

mscharf said:
I would add in a Season's Best and a hand written note with my apologies! Customer Service will pay off in the long run!!

My thoughts exactly. Even though it wasn't your fault, it will keep the customer feeling good about the situation and your relationship with her. GL!

I think adding a little something is a great idea! A SB is always a nice gesture, and I would give her a business card magnet so she has your number on hand so she can get you right away if she needs you. ;)

I agree, a SB would be a good gesture.

I have learned not to rely on answering machines, and never assume that if someone doesn't get back to me it means that an issue was taken care of!

One thing I've learnd in life is to never assume. Don't leave the ball in their court, it's not up to them to get a hold of you. It's up to you to take care of them.

1. What is a backordered item?

A backordered item is a product that is currently out of stock and not available for immediate shipment.

2. Why is my item on backorder?

There are a few reasons why an item may be on backorder. It could be due to high demand, production delays, or unexpected inventory issues.

3. How long will it take for my backordered item to be available?

The time frame for a backordered item to become available can vary depending on the reason for the delay. Our team is actively working to resolve the issue and get the item back in stock as soon as possible.

4. Can I cancel my order if the item is on backorder?

Yes, you can cancel your order if the item is on backorder. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with canceling your order.

5. Will I be charged for my backordered item now or when it ships?

You will not be charged for your backordered item until it is ready to be shipped. Once the item is back in stock and ready to be shipped, you will receive a notification and your payment method will be charged at that time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • jmwinfree
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Bren706