• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for a Job at Trader Joe's - Fingers Crossed!

In summary, Ann is looking for a new job and her husband is getting impatient. She has applied to a few jobs and is hoping for the best. She is also hoping to keep her current show schedule.
chefann
Gold Member
I don't usually post in this area, but I could use some prayers or at least positive thoughts. DH is getting a little impatient about my lack of a job, and I finally broke down and filled out an application today. It would be a total blast if i got it! But, since it's retail, I could use a few prayers that they're understanding about my show schedule.

The fun part? It's at Trader Joe's, doing their food demos! The manager who checked my application (it had a math quiz in it) said that the position may have been filled already, but was impressed when I told her that I demo cooking tools for my home business. Which led comfortably into the need for a regular schedule so that I can maintain that. :) And bonus? Their employees get a 10% discount in the store, so I could save on groceries!

I'm praying for you Ann!

I'll say a prayer for your new job!!

chefann said:
I don't usually post in this area, but I could use some prayers or at least positive thoughts. DH is getting a little impatient about my lack of a job, and I finally broke down and filled out an application today. It would be a total blast if i got it! But, since it's retail, I could use a few prayers that they're understanding about my show schedule.

The fun part? It's at Trader Joe's, doing their food demos! The manager who checked my application (it had a math quiz in it) said that the position may have been filled already, but was impressed when I told her that I demo cooking tools for my home business. Which led comfortably into the need for a regular schedule so that I can maintain that. :) And bonus? Their employees get a 10% discount in the store, so I could save on groceries!

Prayers for you to get that fab job ChefAnn! :)

Hey Ann - we'll pray for you. You don't have to "normally post or come here" to ask for our prayers!I hope it works out!

I hope it works for you too. Trader Joes would be a fun place to work.

I hope you get it! :chef:

Praying for you Ann... I hope it works out for you too!!!!

I'll be praying Ann! That sounds like a fun job! You know I'd have fun with it!

Becky- I picked up 2 little tubs of stuff for you there: dark chocolate almonds with sea salt, and dark chocolate covered ginger. :)
I'll give it to you at the Regional, if I haven't eaten it before then.

chefann said:
Becky- I picked up 2 little tubs of stuff for you there: dark chocolate almonds with sea salt, and dark chocolate covered ginger. :)
I'll give it to you at the Regional, if I haven't eaten it before then.

LOL! I can't wait for Regional!

Umm, I think I should clarify - not just because of the chocolate covered goodies! ;)

Best of Luck Ann!!

So, DH just got home and I told him I turned in an application. "Wow, really technical job!" he tells me (dripping with sarcasm). Um, he never said I HAD to stay in information technology, which I hate! Then he tells me to apply at the Big 3, for IT positions, because they're getting rid of people with seniority for people they can pay less. Did I not just tell him that I can't stand programming? UGH!!

Men have selective hearing.

Ann, I had no idea what was going on with you!! Sheez. I'm in my own world these days. Good luck with the job!!!

chefann said:
So, DH just got home and I told him I turned in an application. "Wow, really technical job!" he tells me (dripping with sarcasm). Um, he never said I HAD to stay in information technology, which I hate! Then he tells me to apply at the Big 3, for IT positions, because they're getting rid of people with seniority for people they can pay less. Did I not just tell him that I can't stand programming? UGH!!
Did you tell him you were leaving the geeky jobs for the EE? (dripping with sarcasm!)Do what you enjoy and hopefully he'll come around when he sees you happy.

Well, problem is - I'd rather stay home. And just do PC, but he doesn't see that as a real job because he hasn't seen any real money from it yet. Sure, I've done more shows this year than last year to the same point, but I've been using the money to pay off my PC credit card and he hasn't seen it come into the family budget. *sigh*Too bad I never imagined I'd actually live this long and therefore have to figure out what I really wanted to do with my life.

chefann said:
Well, problem is - I'd rather stay home. And just do PC, but he doesn't see that as a real job because he hasn't seen any real money from it yet. Sure, I've done more shows this year than last year to the same point, but I've been using the money to pay off my PC credit card and he hasn't seen it come into the family budget. *sigh*

Too bad I never imagined I'd actually live this long and therefore have to figure out what I really wanted to do with my life.

Hey you're (we're) not that old!!!!

Well, I hope this works out as a good temporary job so you can build with PC.

It's not that I'm old, it's that I never really wanted to get past 18. Ever. At all. I'm just too chicken to do anything about it. (I apologize if that was TMI for anyone.)

Cool! I hope you get the position!!

chefann said:
It's not that I'm old, it's that I never really wanted to get past 18. Ever. At all. I'm just too chicken to do anything about it. (I apologize if that was TMI for anyone.)

I can relate. . .I never thought I'd live to see 18. Now we need to figure out what we want to be when we grow up.

If you can still catch Oprah today, I think you'll find it very interesting. (if you're not a fan, tape it and fast forward past her) The show was about work and finding your strengths so that you are HAPPY with your work. If I.T. makes you miserable, don't go looking for those kind of jobs no matter how sarcastic your husband sounds. We spend so much time in our work it really does need to be something that doesn't make us crazy. . .and might even make us happy.

Good luck!

Oooooooooh, Trader Joes! I love that place. They have the best chocolate truffles. Sounds like it would be a blast and a great gig! Here's hoping you get it!
kris
aka leggy

Praying for you here--man, if I worked at TJ's as my family calls it, I don't think the paycheck would ever make it home......I love that place.

I know! At least it would be useful stuff. I'd have the same problem working at a book or fabric store. :)

Ann~

I pray that everything works out for you! I know how much you love TJ's and how COOL of a job this would be for you!! And....it would be a cool tie in to your PC business! I pray that God uses this to open doors for you...and to help your PC business really take off so you can do IT full time, and can do TJ's part time so you can keep that discount!

I am still soooooooo jealous that you have one near you! I need to bribe someone into bringing me some of those choc covered almonds with sea salt to NC...

{{{HUGS}}} to you girl!

http://women.evenhealth.com

KellyTheChef said:
Ann~

I pray that everything works out for you! I know how much you love TJ's and how COOL of a job this would be for you!! And....it would be a cool tie in to your PC business! I pray that God uses this to open doors for you...and to help your PC business really take off so you can do IT full time, and can do TJ's part time so you can keep that discount!

I am still soooooooo jealous that you have one near you! I need to bribe someone into bringing me some of those choc covered almonds with sea salt to NC...

{{{HUGS}}} to you girl!

http://women.evenhealth.com

Just pounce on Becky when she gets hers...

Ann, good luck with the job. It sounds like it would be right up your alley - you'd be great!! You're such fun that I think you'd be a huge "HIT"! You'd grow a fan base. They'd line up outside the door chanting, "We want Ann! We want Ann! We want Ann!"

Keeping my fingers crossed, and of course, you're in my prayers!

Wow, Ann, that does sound like a fun job.

I'm also with you on the "not knowing what to do". I have lots of ideas of what I might like to do once my kids are in school (I'm fortunate enough to be able to stay home right now).

It really is so important to find a job that you really love. I can sympathise with you not wanting to get back into IT - I actually have a PhD in chemistry which I have never used!! (I post-doced until about 3 weeks before my DD was due, and was so un-happy the last few years of grad school). And I can't really imagine ever going into a job that would use it. I'm also not sure I will have the confidence and courage to step out on a limb and try some of the things I things I think I might enjoy (how will I know if I'll be good at it?! And I'm also not sure which I would really want to do (train as a civil engineer, become a teacher, become a science writer...). I guess the main thing is to learn what you love about each job you do, and what you can't stand. What you're good at, and what you're not so... (At least I know from grad school that I really don't want to work in a university setting, but I loved explaining my research to people in a way they could understand). Now obviously I don't know you, but from reading your posts (thanks for all the info, BTW!) you seem like such a hands-on people person!! And you seem to love helping people to learn and getting them the info they need. And of course you love PC and cooking :). The TJ position looks like such a good fit. Maybe that would just be a springboard to something bigger with regard to a career in "cooking". And it certainly wouldn't hurt your PC business :).

Anyway, I hope this is at least a little bit helpful and doesn't sound preachy. I just wanted you to know that I can sympathise! I'm thankful that my DH is so encouraging and a real "cheer-leader" for me (Although that sounds a bit girly!! LOL!). He is supportive of me starting PC, and also encourages me to believe in myself and my abilities and to have confidence in myself. I do hope your DH will come around and understand your passion for cooking and lack of for IT... I know money issues are always stressfull, but I'm sure that he does really want most of all for you to be happy.

I will certainly pray for both that and the job oppportunity.

Oh, and finally, about the age thing... I'm all of 32 and my friend Ali, after talking about how hard it is to lose weight after my youngest DD said "well, you've got to admit it, you're not in your 20's anymore..." Yikes :D!! I didn't realise I being in my 30's was so old! :)

I'll be praying for you and your job opportunity!:) :angel:

AnnieBee said:
Wow, Ann, that does sound like a fun job.

I'm also with you on the "not knowing what to do". I have lots of ideas of what I might like to do once my kids are in school (I'm fortunate enough to be able to stay home right now).

It really is so important to find a job that you really love. I can sympathise with you not wanting to get back into IT - I actually have a PhD in chemistry which I have never used!! (I post-doced until about 3 weeks before my DD was due, and was so un-happy the last few years of grad school). And I can't really imagine ever going into a job that would use it. I'm also not sure I will have the confidence and courage to step out on a limb and try some of the things I things I think I might enjoy (how will I know if I'll be good at it?! And I'm also not sure which I would really want to do (train as a civil engineer, become a teacher, become a science writer...). I guess the main thing is to learn what you love about each job you do, and what you can't stand. What you're good at, and what you're not so... (At least I know from grad school that I really don't want to work in a university setting, but I loved explaining my research to people in a way they could understand). Now obviously I don't know you, but from reading your posts (thanks for all the info, BTW!) you seem like such a hands-on people person!! And you seem to love helping people to learn and getting them the info they need. And of course you love PC and cooking :). The TJ position looks like such a good fit. Maybe that would just be a springboard to something bigger with regard to a career in "cooking". And it certainly wouldn't hurt your PC business :).

Anyway, I hope this is at least a little bit helpful and doesn't sound preachy. I just wanted you to know that I can sympathise! I'm thankful that my DH is so encouraging and a real "cheer-leader" for me (Although that sounds a bit girly!! LOL!). He is supportive of me starting PC, and also encourages me to believe in myself and my abilities and to have confidence in myself. I do hope your DH will come around and understand your passion for cooking and lack of for IT... I know money issues are always stressfull, but I'm sure that he does really want most of all for you to be happy.

I will certainly pray for both that and the job oppportunity.

Oh, and finally, about the age thing... I'm all of 32 and my friend Ali, after talking about how hard it is to lose weight after my youngest DD said "well, you've got to admit it, you're not in your 20's anymore..." Yikes :D!! I didn't realise I being in my 30's was so old! :)

Wow!!! That's quite the Phd Annie! I'm in my early 30's and I am not not not not not not old... Am I?

Ann, I am with you on the prayers of support. If you can find a job that doesn't feel like work (I feel guilty for taking home a paycheck I love cooking so much!) then you will find success. I hope things work out for you and will pray for the future.

Steph, it's really not as impressive as it sounds :)! There are a few people with PhD's who are total genius', the rest of us just have perseverance (and I came really close to quitting, but I needed my student visa to stay in the country and get married! And no, I don't have a green card marriage, LOL!) It's really not something I even mention that much - most people who know me don't have a clue I have it (obviously my closer friends do). I don't like feeling that people are going to be overly impressed by it, I want them just to know me as me... Does that make any sense?

Anyway, baking is really just chemistry, so you can call yourself a chemist too, if you want to :)

PS Still praying you Ann!

Thanks, everyone! At this point, I'm hoping to hear soon from the store, as I'm starting to book May and the last thing I need is a fight with the scheduler as soon as I'm hired. :)

AnnieBee said:
Steph, it's really not as impressive as it sounds :)! There are a few people with PhD's who are total genius', the rest of us just have perseverance (and I came really close to quitting, but I needed my student visa to stay in the country and get married! And no, I don't have a green card marriage, LOL!) It's really not something I even mention that much - most people who know me don't have a clue I have it (obviously my closer friends do). I don't like feeling that people are going to be overly impressed by it, I want them just to know me as me... Does that make any sense?

Anyway, baking is really just chemistry, so you can call yourself a chemist too, if you want to :)

PS Still praying you Ann!

I originally wanted to go into Chemical Engineering!!!! ...but ended up in Industrial Engineer because my dad said there was NO WAY I was going to UW-Madison. Later, I wondered why I listened because I paid for school anyway, but had to realize, God had other plans for me. Where I life, not too many even have Bachelors degrees so you don't talk about education because they get really threatened really fast. I got two undergrads, started a Master's Degree then moved up north and had kids. I finally restarted in 2004 and finished in 2006 the month before my oldest started Kindergarten. My DH says I can't get a doctorate until he gets a masters (if you know him that ISN'T going to happen!). Besides, I could never afford it or would use it up here. I always joke that someday I will go get it when my daughter is getting hers. Probably why my life is filled with one thing after another...firefighting...medical training...teaching Red Cross courses...sports...music...you name it.

Basically, life RARELY turns out to be what WE planned.

Annie - be thankful and blessed that you can stay home with your kids and use your education to teach them! :) That's awesome!

Ann, you'll be in my prayers. I know you are a Trader Joe's fan, so it seems like a perfect fit. Just be sure to resist the temptation to spend your entire paycheck at the store. ;)

chefann said:
Thanks, everyone!

At this point, I'm hoping to hear soon from the store, as I'm starting to book May and the last thing I need is a fight with the scheduler as soon as I'm hired. :)

Let us know as soon as you hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

I can totally relate. I was a Corporate Travel agent for almost 7 years and hated it! My Hubby loves his job and I thought I should too! What a concept! I prayed about it and thought...what would I do if I volunteered? I decided I wanted to work with elderly. So I applied for a job doing Home Health Care. Now I am a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and helping elderly people stay in their own homes! I absolutely love it! I did take a huge paycut, but I am a happier person. Now I have the best of both worlds. I do the CNA stuff during the day and PC at night and weekends! I can't believe I love both my jobs! I hope you find a job you love and works with your schedule Ann! Good luck!

janetupnorth said:
Besides, I could never afford it or would use it up here.
Basically, life RARELY turns out to be what WE planned.

Annie - be thankful and blessed that you can stay home with your kids and use your education to teach them! :) That's awesome!

Janet, I was so fortunate to get through grad school completely for free - and I actually I got a stipend for TA and RA-ing, so I even had living expenses covered. My field gets so much more research money than many others, so I was lucky - I even made enough to take yearly trips home to England. Of course we're still paying off DH's student loans... And he graduated in '99. I also do realise how blessed I am to be able to stay home right now (although I am looking forward to starting PC to have something that is a bit more for me!). And you are so right about our plans not always turning out. Thank goodness God's has his plans for us. I had intended to return home to England after finishing grad school, but here I am in Ohio with my amazing DH and 3 kids!

Oh, I keep meaning to mention to you that I just LOVE Madison. My family lived there for 2 years when I was 3-5yrs old, and I spent a Summer there when I was 17. It's such a great town and fun campus, I'd love to spend more time there. We just loved the Art Fair and the Lakes... It also sounds so beautiful where you are now (I've checked out your blog :)).

That position would be great for you Ann. I hope you get it.

Sorry, double post - not sure how that happened as there is even a post in between... Oh well, deleted it now...

Last edited:
chefann said:

OMG! I know exactly what you mean! I'm completely freaking out because I'm, well, old and don't know what I want to do with my life and I think I'm just wasting my days and my time to make an impact on the world is fading.....

I didn't want to grow up. Still don't.

Maybe we could form a group....

It's not that I don't want to grow up. I'm not supposed to be here at all. (My parents have mentioned that my sister and I were completely unplanned.) I figured out several years ago that I volunteer to do things as a survival mechanism so that I don't let other people down.

chefann said:
It's not that I don't want to grow up. I'm not supposed to be here at all. (My parents have mentioned that my sister and I were completely unplanned.) I figured out several years ago that I volunteer to do things as a survival mechanism so that I don't let other people down.

Oh. Well, that's an entirely different group :)

The fact that you are here means that you were supposed to be here. Planned or not, it doesn't matter now. You're here. Do what you love. Life's too short not to.

Threadjack~ Jean is your pic suppose to be upside down??? :)
And your location is where I have a customer. ha ha Small world!

chefann said:
Ha Ha! Unplanned twins - God does have a sense of humor! LOL

Ann,
I'm finally catching up on some of these threads and I'm seeing this one about your possible job at Trader Joe's. I hope you hear back soon and that you get the job!! How fun would that be?! Keep us posted.:) I'm rooting for you!

I don't know how I missed this thread in the beginning. But anyways good luck Ann and I sure hope you get the job, they would be lucky to have you!! :)

Wishing you LOTS of luck on getting the job! :) As for your DH...don't they all have selective hearing? I think it's imprinted on their DNA or something. ;)

Wishing you lots of luck with your job hunt. Sounds like a good fit for you

Eileen Houpt
Independent Consultant

Bumping...any news, Ann?

<h2>1. What is "Prayers for a Job at Trader Joe's - Fingers Crossed!"?</h2><p>"Prayers for a Job at Trader Joe's - Fingers Crossed!" is a post on the Pampered Chef forum where the poster is asking for prayers and positive thoughts for a job opportunity at Trader Joe's. </p><h2>2. Why is the poster asking for prayers and positive thoughts?</h2><p>The poster is asking for prayers and positive thoughts because they have applied for a job at Trader Joe's and would really like to get the job. They are also hoping that the employer will be understanding about their current job as a Pampered Chef consultant.</p><h2>3. What type of job is the poster applying for at Trader Joe's?</h2><p>The poster is applying for a position at Trader Joe's doing food demos. They mention that it would be a "total blast" if they got the job.</p><h2>4. How did the manager react to the poster's application?</h2><p>The manager who checked the poster's application was impressed when the poster mentioned that they demo cooking tools for their home business. This also led to a discussion about the need for a regular schedule to maintain their current job. </p><h2>5. What is the bonus mentioned in the post?</h2><p>The bonus mentioned in the post is that employees at Trader Joe's receive a 10% discount in the store. This could be a great benefit for the poster as they could save on groceries while working at Trader Joe's.</p>

Related to Prayers for a Job at Trader Joe's - Fingers Crossed!

1. What is "Prayers for a Job at Trader Joe's - Fingers Crossed!"?

"Prayers for a Job at Trader Joe's - Fingers Crossed!" is a post on the Pampered Chef forum where the poster is asking for prayers and positive thoughts for a job opportunity at Trader Joe's.

2. Why is the poster asking for prayers and positive thoughts?

The poster is asking for prayers and positive thoughts because they have applied for a job at Trader Joe's and would really like to get the job. They are also hoping that the employer will be understanding about their current job as a Pampered Chef consultant.

3. What type of job is the poster applying for at Trader Joe's?

The poster is applying for a position at Trader Joe's doing food demos. They mention that it would be a "total blast" if they got the job.

4. How did the manager react to the poster's application?

The manager who checked the poster's application was impressed when the poster mentioned that they demo cooking tools for their home business. This also led to a discussion about the need for a regular schedule to maintain their current job.

5. What is the bonus mentioned in the post?

The bonus mentioned in the post is that employees at Trader Joe's receive a 10% discount in the store. This could be a great benefit for the poster as they could save on groceries while working at Trader Joe's.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
Replies