• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Interview at Trader Joe's: An Update

The summary is that the person was asked to update everyone after their interview today. They had a good interview and hope to hear back from the company soon. They were asked about their interest in the job and their thoughts on it. They were also asked about their wardrobe and if they thought they would need to invest in any new clothes for the job. They were told that they would get a 10% discount on dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt if they are hired.
lacychef said:
Sorry Ann! There must be something better on the horizon!
I've got a lawn mower that's better than a Horizon.

http://www.allpar.com/photos/plymouth/horizon/1984-horizon.jpg

I'm never going to TJ again either. Considering I've never even heard of it til now. Don't think there is one in Texas LOL

chefann said:
Thanks, everyone!

Miami just doesn't hold any appeal to me (sorry to those who live near there - you'd be the only reason I'd want to go), nor do Mexico or Paris. And I'm just too lazy, frankly, for a trip to happen this year.

KG- there's a TJ's much closer to you that you can boycott. The one in Glendale on Port Washington at Bayshore Mall. That one is much more convenient for your boycottage.

But your fruit hat would be perfect for Miami!;)

chefann said:
And it's too bad that the 2 new meals I've made this week that DH really liked were based on TJ's sauces, cuz I'll have to go and get more. Of course, I can go to the other location so I don't have to run into the manager again. (I'm such a chicken.)

I'd go JUST to run into him. Then we he sees the other hires less than fully enthusiastic about the products and you STILL shopping there despite being turned down, he'll KNOW he missed a good thing.

This is getting like an Anthony Robbins book gone wrong.

I was in Indianapolis today. I drove right by the TJ's. I mentally blew them a raspberry. I would have physically blown a raspberry, but the woman in my line of sight would probably have wondered why the lady in the PC van was doing that to her. :)

Ann, sorry to hear you didn't get the job...totally their loss!

raebates said:
I was in Indianapolis today. I drove right by the TJ's. I mentally blew them a raspberry. I would have physically blown a raspberry, but the woman in my line of sight would probably have wondered why the lady in the PC van was doing that to her. :)
Oh, great, now they'll be selling Rae's Raspberry Jam.

chefann said:
That one is much more convenient for your boycottage.

Ok....where is this boy cottage?
mouse.gif
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/george.jpg

It's KG's boy toy!!!!

Ann, I have got to read over this thread...it sounds to me that we may have to open up a big can of
can_large.jpg

Well...the name says it all..TRADER Joe's. Also, these are located in New York State but in Scarsdale, Long Island and the City. I would have to drive 6 or 7 hours to avoid them! I have been in that part of the state about 2 times in my life...some areas, not at all. So that Trader can stay away for all I care.:thumbdown:

You are too good for them, Ann. Apparently they don't know how to interview or they would have seen someone who is highly intelligent, personable and would have been one of their best employees.

Sorry to hear this ChefAnn. I always look forward to your post, so I agree with everyone... TJ loss!

baychef said:
You are too good for them, Ann. Apparently they don't know how to interview or they would have seen someone who is highly intelligent, personable and would have been one of their best employees.
Which Ann are we talking about?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Which Ann are we talking about?

Why, I think that could apply to any of the Ann(e)'s we know on CS!

Excuse me while I go wash the brown off my nose.....

<h2>1. What is the backstory to your interview at Trader Joe's?</h2><p>The backstory is that the person works for Pampered Chef and was at Trader Joe's to deliver a product to a customer. They saw a sign on the door that they needed someone for the demo area and decided to apply for the job. They mentioned their interest in the demo position and filled out an application.</p><h2>2. How long did it take for you to hear back after you applied?</h2><p>The person did not hear back for about 2 months after they applied. They assumed the position had been filled, but received a call this week for an interview.</p><h2>3. How did you prepare for the interview?</h2><p>The person did not mention specific preparation, but did mention that they talked about their previous jobs and also mentioned their experience with Pampered Chef. </p><h2>4. How did the interview go?</h2><p>The person felt that the interview went well. The manager (known as a captain at Trader Joe's) was very nice and asked a lot of questions about Pampered Chef in relation to the job. The person also mentioned that they forgot to ask about wages during the interview.</p><h2>5. What is the dress code like at Trader Joe's?</h2><p>The dress code at Trader Joe's is very casual, with employees wearing Hawaiian shirts or t-shirts, and either shorts or jeans. The person also mentioned that they won't have to invest in a lot of new clothes for the job, other than a couple of pairs of jeans.</p>

1. What is the backstory to your interview at Trader Joe's?

The backstory is that the person works for Pampered Chef and was at Trader Joe's to deliver a product to a customer. They saw a sign on the door that they needed someone for the demo area and decided to apply for the job. They mentioned their interest in the demo position and filled out an application.

2. How long did it take for you to hear back after you applied?

The person did not hear back for about 2 months after they applied. They assumed the position had been filled, but received a call this week for an interview.

3. How did you prepare for the interview?

The person did not mention specific preparation, but did mention that they talked about their previous jobs and also mentioned their experience with Pampered Chef.

4. How did the interview go?

The person felt that the interview went well. The manager (known as a captain at Trader Joe's) was very nice and asked a lot of questions about Pampered Chef in relation to the job. The person also mentioned that they forgot to ask about wages during the interview.

5. What is the dress code like at Trader Joe's?

The dress code at Trader Joe's is very casual, with employees wearing Hawaiian shirts or t-shirts, and either shorts or jeans. The person also mentioned that they won't have to invest in a lot of new clothes for the job, other than a couple of pairs of jeans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies