• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Jobs Will Be Available for My Interview Tomorrow?

In summary, Kacey is interviewing with a local temp agency tomorrow. She is worried about the fact that she has had several jobs in the same field, on the East Coast. She is also worried about the possibility of being recruited away to another company with better pay and benefits. She is also worried about the fact that she can't type 70 wpm, and is luck to get 40 accurate wpm. She is also worried about the fact that she will have to interview for 4 hours.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
HI everbody!!!

I have an interview tomorrow morning with a local temp agency. I worked for them before when we lived in NE. I was placed at a great company and was hired on full time. Then we moved to MD- and Kelly placed me with another great company and they hired me on as well.

Please pray that they will have several options for jobs for me. The last time I called them (last fall) they had nothing. This was when I was quitting my job as a Mortgage Consultant and going to Culinary School. I needed an easy and brain dead type of job, and they had NOTHING!

I know I'll do well in the interview, so I'm not concerned. I am slightly concerned about the fact that I've had several jobs within the same career field- on the East Coast it isn't uncommong to only stay with one company for 1-2 years only, and be recruited away to another company with better pay and benefits. I hate having to explain that to people because in MN people retire from the jobs they started during high school.

My only other concern is that I can type about 70 wpm, but when I'm being tested I can't. I'm luck to get 40 accurate wpm. Being timed or tested renders me useless and stupid. So maybe you guys could pray for my brain and my fingers? And prayers for favor with the person that interviews me as well.

Thanks everyone and I'll keep you filled in on how it went. They said I'd be there for about 4 hours tomorrow. Not sure how I'm going to survive without my new favorite drink (sweet tea) for 4 hours, but I'll try!

Good luck! You're in my prayers!

Yeah Kacey! We'll pray that it goes well!When I said get to work, literally, didn't realize you'd jump that fast!

You'll be fine, Kacey, just put it in God's hands, it will all work! Quit telling yourself you can't type 70wpm when being tested and say that you can and you can do all things through Christ and you will!!!
Congrats.... boy you are just jumping all over this site today!;)

God please be in total control of Kacey's brain and fingers tomorrow and keep her from being too thirsty. I'll drink tea all day long just in her honor! (which is nothing new cuz I do that already... like God isn't aware of that tidbit!)
Amen

By the way, she CAN'T TYPE 70 wpm, she can probably type 80+ wpm!

Oh, and I couldn't drink tea all day during an interview, I'd have to pee every 10 minutes then!!!!

Best of luck tommorrow Kasey! You will do great!!

Sending good luck your way, but I am sure you will not need it :)

Good Luck Casey! Let us know how it goes.

MissChef said:
You'll be fine, Kacey, just put it in God's hands, it will all work! Quit telling yourself you can't type 70wpm when being tested and say that you can and you can do all things through Christ and you will!!!
Congrats.... boy you are just jumping all over this site today!;)
I haven't had caffiene in YEARS and I started drinking sweet tea when we were down in SC- I can't stop. I think that has something to do with it. I feel very energetic today. If I had a desire, I'm pretty sure I could clean the entire house, bake a thankgiving turkey, make a cake from scratch, and give myself a perm....

But for now I'm loading pics to photobucket to share some pictures from our trip to the beach. Yes- that means I'll be starting YET another thread! LOL I could spare you all the agony and wait until tomorrow;)

janetupnorth said:
By the way, she CAN'T TYPE 70 wpm, she can probably type 80+ wpm!

Who can type 80+ words per minute?

quiverfull7 said:
God please be in total control of Kacey's brain and fingers tomorrow and keep her from being too thirsty. I'll drink tea all day long just in her honor! (which is nothing new cuz I do that already... like God isn't aware of that tidbit!)
Amen

LOL- good to know I'm not the only tea addict. Funny thing is that I've tried it every time we've gone down to visit his kids, which used to be every year to pick them up for a visit during the summer and I hated it. For some reason I had some at this Irish Pub in Charleston and I FELL in love with it. So I bought some tea down there and have been making a gallon almost daily since we've been home. DH is drinking quite a bit, too.

I need to just not think about the fact that I am being timed, and just let my fingers run fast. I often get scolded for not waiting 30 seconds between posts here, and that's when I move from thread to thread. My step-son who chats with me on AOL says I type too fast. He's not done reading the first sentence I've typed and I'm on my thrid paragraph. LOL

There is just something about being timed and tested that makes me freeze up. I dont want to freeze, it's cold enough here as it is!

Interview UpdateHi guys-

My interview went well. I was nervous during the typing and data entry, but I was able to squeak out a 71 typed WPM with only 5 errors. Also, my 10-key was a bit rusty. I used to be able to type 14,500 ksph (key strokes per hour) and I only did a little under 11,000. My alpha-numeric was at about 10,500+

It rated me at Advanced, which I was pleased with. The only test I needed training on was the spelling test. And since I normally look words up in the dictionary when I'm unsure, I figured I'd have errors, but had no idea I would do as badly as I did. Oh well. I did pass the grammar with advanced- which will make my family happy. I'm pretty sure their standards are low when it comes to the grammatical expectations, because I know I'm not that good! LOL

They were impressed with my typing and data entry skills, especially since I've not really done a lot of date entry since the 1990's. They don't have any jobs available yet, so I have to call them on Tuesday.

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.

Oh, and it said I needed some training on Excel- which is fine, I knew that- and my Microsoft Office Word skills were good.

I have a terrible headache- I'm going to check in on a few other threads and then go rest my eyes.

Good job Kacey - PM me if you need quick Excel lesson! ;)I am about to leave work and was offline most the day, but popped in to find this thread since you came to mind.

Glad to hear it went well for you!!

I didnt know you were so close to me (NJ)! We have a wedding in Baltimore July 12!

Do you live near there? I could see if my relatives have any connections...

vwpamperedchef said:
Glad to hear it went well for you!!

I didnt know you were so close to me (NJ)! We have a wedding in Baltimore July 12!

Do you live near there? I could see if my relatives have any connections...

We haven't lived in Maryland since 2001. I wish we still lived there. :)

janetupnorth said:
Good job Kacey - PM me if you need quick Excel lesson! ;)

I am about to leave work and was offline most the day, but popped in to find this thread since you came to mind.

I'll PM you or email you after diner. Some of the questions they asked had me so flipping confused I just skipped them! And some of the things they wanted me to do on WORD- I never knew you could do...needless to say I learned something today! :)

Have you woken up any since your night of little sleep?

It will also throw you depending on whether they tested you in Office 2003 or Office 2007 - 2007 had some MAJOR changes.

janetupnorth said:
It will also throw you depending on whether they tested you in Office 2003 or Office 2007 - 2007 had some MAJOR changes.

Who knows what I was tested on. :) I am amazed I was able to type 71 wpm- the keyboard they had me use was like trudging through cold molasses!

You Go Girl!!!!!!!!

quiverfull7 said:
You Go Girl!!!!!!!!
Hey, I know you! :) How are you doing?

Good... but once again I'm being kicked off the computer .. well... it's my daughters laptop so I better give it up... be back soon.

1. What are some common interview questions that I should be prepared for?

Some common interview questions that you should be prepared for include: "Tell me about yourself," "Why are you interested in this position/company?," "What are your strengths and weaknesses?," "Can you give an example of a time when you overcame a difficult challenge?," and "What are your long-term career goals?"

2. How should I dress for the interview?

You should dress professionally for your interview, which typically means wearing a suit or business attire. Make sure your clothing is clean, ironed, and appropriate for the job you are interviewing for.

3. What should I bring to the interview?

It is always a good idea to bring a few copies of your resume, a list of references, and a notepad and pen to take notes during the interview. You may also want to bring any relevant work samples or a portfolio to showcase your skills and experience.

4. How can I make a good impression during the interview?

To make a good impression during the interview, be punctual, maintain good body language, and actively listen to the interviewer's questions and comments. Also, be prepared to ask thoughtful questions and demonstrate your enthusiasm and interest in the position.

5. What are some tips for following up after the interview?

After the interview, it is a good idea to send a thank-you email or note to the interviewer, expressing your appreciation for the opportunity to interview and reiterating your interest in the position. You can also ask about the next steps in the hiring process and when you can expect to hear back from them. It is important to be patient and not follow up excessively, as the hiring process may take some time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampermejolene
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • tmseiling
  • General Chat
Replies