• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Score Your Dream Job: Interview Next Door in Flip Flops and a Tank Top!

In summary, a person applied for a job in the same building as their current job and was invited for an interview while dressed in casual attire. They were nervous and asked for prayers. The interviewer knew about the casual attire and the person hoped the job would be a good fit with benefits. Others wished them luck and joked about the casual Friday theme. The person later announced they got the job and would start the next day, but would give a proper notice at their current job. They would be working at Direct Tv making pre-calls and possibly dispatching for technicians if the job didn't work out.
Miss Cori
I applied for a job that is right next door to my current job, I mean in the same building. The girl just came over and told me to come over for an interview. Its casual friday IM IN FLIP FLOPS AND A TANK TOP! I want that job so bad too it would be a HUGE increase in pay with benefits. Im freaking out!! So I get off in 7 mins and am supposed to go for an interview. Please pray for me!!

Prayers offered.

praying... praying... praying...

And just explain that it is casual Friday and sound like you all have VERY casual Friday If she came over to see you to come over and interview she alreay knows what you are wearing. My prayer are with you that this is a job that is a good fit for you

Keep us updated

How awesome - that is exciting!! Good luck and when you first walk in, just make little joke about it being casual friday!!

LOL!! That happened to me before.

gOOD LUCK - WHEN WILL WE HEAR IF YOU GOT THE JOB?!?

If they are as spontaneous in offering a job as they are as asking for an interview....she might know right away!!!

Good Luck!!!:D

Good luck.

I once landed a job right across the hall from my old job. It was a little weird for awhile, but no worse than my ex marrying the guy next door.

Really, KG, I think the ex thing is weirder :eek:

Or is that more weird?

Either way, have you ever noticed how weird the word weird looks when you type it? Or is it wierd? No ... I don't think so ....

It's worse if you're wired.

Now that could be a shocking experience ...

You guys gave me a real jolt!

What a charge! You all just brighten my day!

I'm starting this again - sort of revolting.

So, what about the job?????

...and I am just shocked that KG would hijack another thread...well, not really...by the way KG, I waved as I passed by your area over the weekend (both times). :)

I had to read KG post twice, then realized it was KG who posted it!!
and the ex wasn't someone's husband. Hey! it's Monday and my mom and inlaws have left after spending NINE days here!! I'm still a little frazzled :)

I havent heard anything about the job yet, I hope to hear something soon. It would be too cool if I got it though! I will let you all know as soon as I find out anything.

We'll be watching for your big announcement.

I GOT THE JOB!!! oh yeah I am so excited, They walked over and told me while the rest of my office was at lunch!! They want me to start tomorrow, but I know, I will have to give at least a week if not more than that! Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Everyone: Wear flops to your next interview!

Congrats!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-038.gif

Actually, I had a pair of closed toed shoes in my car luckily, I changed before I went and wore a sweat shirt over my tank top. Still not proper interview attire but it worked I guess!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! It was flip flops and a tank top right???? :)
That is AWESOME!

Oh... I posted that while you were too! I hope you can begin your new job right away!

Excellent! And it was a hiring of convenience. Saved them postage AND phone calls :p

Hope you like the new job. Do you get to dress casual?

Miss Cori said:
Actually, I had a pair of closed toed shoes in my car luckily, I changed before I went and wore a sweat shirt over my tank top. Still not proper interview attire but it worked I guess!
Just goes to show you that sometimes it really IS the talent that matters!

MomToEli said:
Hope you like the new job. Do you get to dress casual?

Not as casual as the interview I can wear jeans on the weekends but weekdays I have to dress professional

Congratulations - I hope you enjoy it...and yes, do give a "proper" notice. It will be good for you in the future.

By the way, can I be nosy and ask where you were working and what you will be doing now? (You don't have to answer...)

I will be working at Direct Tv just making pre calls which are calls to the customer to tell them that they are # whatever on a list of # whatever when they are having a techinician out to their house. I think it sounds pretty easy. They said it is just a trial and error thing they have never done it before, but if it doesnt work out I would probably dispatch to the technicians. (If that makes sense)

Congrats!
:D

Congrats on the new job. So will you get discounts on service and a DVR? :p

Congratulations Cori! Way to go! :) :) :)

Thank you all so much. I gave my notice today, and my boss was SOO nice about it. I couldnt believe it. She told me I didnt have to stay the full 2 weeks she said she would tell me like she tells her own children ,"once you are gone, it doesnt matter what you did here you will have a fresh start" so she said my last day could be friday. I thought that was so nice. It makes it kinda hard to quit when your boss is really nice. But she wished me luck and said to come visit.

I was just trying to think of any of my old bosses that said "come visit" (there aren't many) and how many of those places I can't go visit because they're out of business - reinforces my decision to leave, I suppose.

Related to Score Your Dream Job: Interview Next Door in Flip Flops and a Tank Top!

1. Can I wear flip flops and a tank top to a job interview?

It is generally not recommended to wear flip flops and a tank top to a job interview, even if the company has a casual dress code. It is important to make a good first impression and dressing professionally can help demonstrate your seriousness and commitment to the job.

2. Should I pray before a job interview?

Praying before a job interview is a personal decision. Some people find it helpful to pray for confidence, calmness, and success. Others may prefer to use other methods to prepare for an interview, such as practicing common interview questions or visualizing a successful interview.

3. How should I prepare for a job interview that is in the same building as my current job?

Just because the interview is in the same building as your current job does not mean it should be taken any less seriously. Treat it as you would any other job interview and prepare by researching the company, practicing common interview questions, and dressing in professional attire.

4. What should I do if I am not dressed appropriately for a job interview?

If you find yourself in a situation where you are not dressed appropriately for a job interview, it is best to apologize and explain the situation to the interviewer. If possible, ask if you can reschedule the interview for a later time when you can come dressed in appropriate attire. However, it is important to note that this may negatively impact your chances of getting the job.

5. Is it okay to ask for a prayer from the interviewer before a job interview?

It is generally not appropriate to ask for a prayer from the interviewer before a job interview. This is a personal request and may make the interviewer uncomfortable. It is best to keep the focus on the job and your qualifications for the position.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • pampered.chris