• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Talking About Your Personal Website at Your Shows?

In summary, by using a website to keep in contact with customers, you can offer more information, tips and recipes than you could at a show and you can also refer them to your website to book their show, place their order and more!
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
This is something I got off another loop and thought it was very useful!

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL WEBSITE AT YOUR SHOWS?
by Director Laura Bush - January 2007

Why would you want to talk about your website at shows? After all, they're already there in front of you where they can place orders, book shows and even ask for info about the business.

Well, there are MANY reasons and I'll touch on a few...

* Repeat business - inform your customers that they can shop the entire catalog anytime and also shop The OUTLET on your site...which is ONLY available for online ordering! Be sure to mention that the outlet changes often!
* MORE information, tips, recipes than what you can share at ONE show - offer recipe themes (like Super Bowl Menu, dinner for two, etc.) that keep your guests coming back time and time again. Offer product tips, kitchen remedies and more. Home office is really good about offering tool tips, interesting trivia and more....take advantage of it and share it with your customers!
* Monthly giveaway - Back in early fall, I started a "gadget guru" giveaway. All a customer has to do is simply visit my site, read about this month's GURU drawing, and then send me an email with the info I request. They are never required to order, book a show, etc., but will receive multiple entries if they do. This has been successful and this month's giveaway is proving to be the best one I've offered yet....I asked each visitor to my site to send me an email (via: CONTACT ME) and tell me they're more important new year's resolution. I've been getting some really interesting responses like: "cook more" "Pay off credit debt" "read my Bible more", "Stay on a budget", etc. This was very enlightening for me because I can help each and every one of these people! HOW? Well, by hosting a show, I can teach them quick and easy meal time solutions that will give them the confidence to get back into the kitchen and cook more. Plus, the time it will save them will free up for reading more of the Bible, books, etc! If hosting a show is not something they grab on to right away, I will stay in touch with them by sending them quick and easy meal time solutions and following up to see how they liked it. For those who need to stay on a budget or pay off debt, well, the business opportunity is THE BEST option for them!
I learned ALL of this by simply offering a monthly giveaway and asking THEM a question or two.

Foot note: I did drive nearly 2 hours to a show Friday night and fortunately, the place was packed! I asked my guests this: "How many of you would like to get something FREE without any commitment or obligation?" I saw a lot of heads turn. This was, of course, after I had been talking and talking about the benefits of hosting a show and doing what I do....
"Well, you can get something free simply by visiting my website! Click the GADGET GURU link and follow the directions. When you do, you'll be entered to win the GURU GIVEAWAY of the month and there is NO OBLIGATION or EXPECTATION to spend a dime or host a show."
By the time I got home that evening, I had two hits on my website! One told me she does not make resolutions because she never sticks to them and the other told me she needed to get out debt. You can bet I will be following up with both of them because sounds to me like the first lady needs a business that will help her learn to SET GOALS (resolutions) and the second needs the extra income a small business can provide!
* Stay in contact with brief customer newsletters - what does a website have to do with this? Well, I uploaded my entire contact list from Pampered Partner (which is not available with PP PLUS yet- FYI) and began sending out customer connection emails to my list. I send a note every month, sometimes more if needed. I select one of the templates and then add my own message. I hit the high points: upcoming host specials, product announcements, any enticements I'm offering, etc., and then refer them to my website for everything else! I let them know what they'll find on my site like recipes, product tips, etc., and remind them in EVERY email to enter the Gadget Guru drawing! By offering little bonuses like: "The first 10 to reply to this email....", I have found that more of my customers are reading the e-news I send them, not deleting them, and even send me a note to thank me for the emails!
* CONSISTENT HOST COACHING!
1. When I set a date with a host, she receives a confirmation email from my website. (I do follow up to be sure she received it). I use the template provided from PC and have tweaked it to my liking. It includes info on how I will partner with them to make this a successful show, reminds them to send me their guest list, gives pointers on who to invite, menu info and more. The email provides host with her password and gives instructions on how to use it. I tweaked the template and then saved it as my default so I just have to go in each time and hit SEND! What a time saver. Once a month, I do change one paragraph to reflect the current specials. I save it as default and don't mess with it again until it's time to start sending emails for the next month.
2. Monthly Menu and shopping list This has been the BIGGEST time saver for me! At the first of each month, I post the menu and shopping list for that month. I no longer have to worry about who to send it to and when. It's all right there for the host to retrieve at her leisure. I cannot tell you how much positive feedback I have received about this feature alone and it is a HUGE time saver for me! (which makes my job look even easier!)
* INCREASE YOUR MONTHLY PAYCHECK!
1. BIGGER PAYCHJECK, EARN INCENTIVES. On average last year, I collected over $300 in sales each month from online orders. This is a huge benefit anytime but in the fall months when we were earning so many incentives, it definitely helped me up to another level so not only did my paycheck increase, I earned more "goodies" from PC too!
2. MAKE HOSTING EASY! When my hosts discover how easy it is to send evites and take orders from my site, they are ALL over it! My site tracks the RSVP's and take orders (near and far!). My hosts aren't running around to and fro to deliver catalogs and collect orders.
3. Increase outside orders on shows= more host benefits and higher show average for you! On average, my hosts collect $150-$200 in additional orders when they use my website features.
4. Broaden the customer base- Most of my hosts include out of town/state family and friends on their evite list. Family and close friends are usually the first to order and knowing their order is shipped right to their door makes it more enticing.
* RECRUIT WITH EASE... I cannot tell you how many phone conversations led to my website while we were talking. Before web sites, I had to send the interested party info, wait for her to receive it and then follow up. Now, I can walk her through the same info with just a few clicks! It makes sharing our incredible business opportunity much easier and with no pressure at all.
* CALENDAR: I use this to announce upcoming show dates to prospective hosts and also use it to communicate with our team.
* DIRECTOR/TEAM COMMUNICATION- I started using the CALENDAR section of my website to communicate with our team. This helps me to provide consistent information to my team in a shorter amount of time...which makes my job as a leader even easier. I remind the team to check my site for upcoming events and respond accordingly...and for the most part, they do. Would still like to see more communication as far as RSVP's go, but we'll get there. I look at it this way....if you are not willing to offer a reply of YES or NO, how can you expect your guests for your shows to do the same? It takes a minute and shows your willingness to communicate. This feature is a work in progress and I know we'll get there!

If you aren't computer savvy, that's ok. PC has made it easy to set up your own site and has even provided countless templates for our use. You do not have to tweak anything if you don't want to!

We could go on and on, but I will stop here so you can stop reading this email and get busy booking more shows, increasing your show average and your paycheck! Use this info and implement at least one to two things I talked about above. It will make a huge difference in how you run your business and will definitely affect the results!

And if you don't yet have a personal web site, I think you will see that it is worth the investment! Heck, I paid for my annual subscription with the first show I set up on my site! IT DOES PAY FOR ITSELF and THEN SOME!

NOW, GET COOKIN' and BOOKIN'!

I always talk about my website. On the door prize slips I tell them to put their email address on so I can send them, recipes, specials and my monthly newsletters...:)

Thanks for the info...:)

Thanks for sharing, Kate!

I have my website on all my paperwork and in my email signature. I really wish that we could get a counter on the site to tell us how many people have visited our websites.

I LOVE the gadget guru idea but wanted more info. I just tried to find Laura Bush's website...it was easy...it's her name :) And since we always say "don't re-invent the wheel", I've added that to my site also.

We'll see.....

thanks for the advice, I have been tossing it around whether or not to purchase the website. I have been in this for 2 months.

Yesterday I had a surprise order for $40 on it that I didn't expect! Yes, I knew the person but was surprised that she actually did go to my website and place an order! I list my website on all of my correspondence (e-mail), catalogs, return address labels, business cards, flyers,etc.

I list my website on EVERYTHING I give out. However, I find that I don't talk about it AT my shows. I think I will start doing it. Whenever I talk to a host about using it she seems surprised!

Websites are the wave of the future..you can be shopping at midnight, or in the early a.m. Those of you that haven't yet invested, should definitely do it, asap!!! I've made my yearly fee already. But as the original poster mentioned, you must put your website on everything..your signature line for emails, business cards, hey, next time, I'm also putting it on my checks. So go, hurry up and sign up..they're very easy to navigate and to maintain. I update my weekly.

I have never had an order not associated with a show on my PWS, so I am deciding whether or not to subscribe...when I make director I am going to want it, LOL!!

I am averaging more with shows than individual orders but hey, I'll take them anyway I can get them. More and more people are hearing me tell them to check out my website and are starting to listen. Still there are some hosts that won't use it no matter how much I try to get them to. Then of course you have some that love using it. Go figure.

Gillian - Since I became Director I have had $440.50 in lead sales and another $275.85 in sales. And that was just November and December!

I know it will be worth it eventually, I am just tired of updating and promoting the site just to keep coming up empty handed!

Gill - do you send out invitations? Do you send out customer connection emails - especially since there are tons of new ones available? Did you have lots of customers last May that wanted the pink polkadot cups and squares? That would be three great reasons to get/have one! And schedule one time a week, every two weeks, monthly to update your site - don't over do it!

I used Customer connection over the weekend and sent about 6 people an e-mail using different ones and got 2 responses. One needed a recipe and another ordered from me online. I thought that was a good start. Some of the new ones they have are great!

I have found that people in my area don't mail invites at all, they just hand them out to their friends. Because of this no one has each other's address or e-mail... I do have a mailing list, but I send out the Tasty Tidbits newsletter every month and have never gotten an order. I also have put something in the newsletter like "reply to this e-mail and you will be entered to win a free cookbook" and still didn't get any response. I don't know if people aren't getting it or if they could just care less!I update bi-weekly, but wish I could see if anyone was even visiting or not!!

Try sending your newsletter through constantcontact.com - free 2 month or 100 subscriber trial. See who is opening them. Some emails won't let you track them, so your numbers will probably be larger than what shows. Also, you can get numbers for how many people click on your link to your website.

If you are planning to be a director soon, keep or get a website!

Kate, this is great! Thanks for sharing!

Come to think about it, I never TALK about my website although I plaster it on EVERYTHING!!

I know exactly how I'm going to incorporate this into my shows now.

Thanks Kate! I will be working on this!!

I love love love my website. It was the first thing I got. I try to do everything thru there and I make sure everyone knows I change it weekly. It is the first thing I do on Monday/Monday Night. Change the Recipe, put a new note on there from me to them saying HI. I make it personal and fun. I want them to know they can ask for any recipe any product, any question and I will find out. I basically want them to use it as their PC message board.

Jilleysue said:
I love love love my website. It was the first thing I got. I try to do everything thru there and I make sure everyone knows I change it weekly. It is the first thing I do on Monday/Monday Night. Change the Recipe, put a new note on there from me to them saying HI. I make it personal and fun. I want them to know they can ask for any recipe any product, any question and I will find out. I basically want them to use it as their PC message board.

Jill, I would love to look at your site for ideas, because it sounds like something I would like to do. Will you share with us the address (just the /name part)?

Thanks!

KimmyDarling said:
Jill, I would love to look at your site for ideas, because it sounds like something I would like to do. Will you share with us the address (just the /name part)?

Thanks!

Well sure you can take a look. The name is pretty obvious. You can also just click on my picture on chefsuccess, scroll down a bit and the websites of every cheffer who lists them is right there.

Of course I listed my site under none other than the one , the only ..........

JILLEYSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D (I amuse myself) LOL

Jilleysue said:
Well sure you can take a look. The name is pretty obvious. You can also just click on my picture on chefsuccess, scroll down a bit and the websites of every cheffer who lists them is right there.

Of course I listed my site under none other than the one , the only ..........

JILLEYSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D (I amuse myself) LOL
Wow ! Love your site. Great Job. May I borrow some ideas. I am so bad at updating my site. i did get an order just before christmas as a surprise. Sadly the person didn't want to be contacted so I couldn't thank her. Oh well Im so glad I have the site. Just need to keep up on it. Love love love your energy on yours tho. Laurel

Well thank you very much..I wanted to make it personal and share a part of me. I check it and update it pretty much every other day. People want new news!!!

It looks great. Thanks for sharing it with us!

I love my website, and I live in an area of rural Indiana where very few of my customers even have the internet. Most of my website traffic comes from people I meet well outside my general area or friends and relatives of my loyal customers.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of the monthly give-away. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't think of it myself, but bless you for sharing it.

This will definitely be the lead story for my monthly newsletter!

What is a personal website and why is it important?

A personal website is a customized website that showcases your Pampered Chef business and allows customers to shop directly from you. It is important because it provides a professional online presence, increases your reach to customers, and makes it easier for them to purchase products.

How do I set up my personal website?

Setting up a personal website is easy and can be done through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Simply log in, go to the "My Business" tab, and click on "Personal Website." From there, you can customize your website with your own branding and product selections.

Do I have to pay for my personal website?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you receive a free personal website for your first 90 days. After that, there is a small monthly fee to maintain the website. However, the benefits of having a professional online presence and increased sales potential far outweigh the cost.

Can I track my sales through my personal website?

Yes, you can track your sales and earnings through your personal website. Your website will provide you with real-time data on customer orders, sales, and commission earned. This makes it easier for you to keep track of your business and plan for future goals.

How can I promote my personal website at my shows?

There are many ways to promote your personal website at your shows. You can include the website link on your business cards, share it on your social media pages, and mention it during your product demonstrations. You can also offer special promotions or discounts for customers who shop through your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • DGM
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Bren706