• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Send Prayers My Way- I Lost My Dad Last Night

In summary, Heather's father died unexpectedly last night and she is just starting to realize the full extent of the situation. She asks for everyone's prayers and acknowledges that it will be a difficult time. She encourages others to allow themselves to grieve and to keep their families close during this time.
heather223
Gold Member
Hi, I am asking for everyone's thoughts and prayers right now. I lost my dad last night to a massive heart attack. It was very unexpected and I am just so sad and numb right now. It hasn't really hit me yet and I am sure the worse is to come. :cry:

I'm so very sorry to hear that. I couldn't even imagine what you are going through right now.

Heather
I am so sorry to hear that. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather, So sorry to hear of your father's passing. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Deepest sympathies; you and yours are in my prayers.

Heather, so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family.

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad the same way so I know what you're going through. You and your family are in my prayers. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you and your family!

Heather, I am so sorry for your loss, too. Eighteen years ago I lost my dad the same way. You'll be in my prayers.

Oh Heather, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will pray for you and your family. I can only imagine the shock, and it taking a while to sink in...

Oh Heather, so sorry for your loss hun! You and your family will be in my prayers.

Prayers being sent your way...you and your family will be in our thoughts during this difficult time.

Heather - prayers are with you & your family right now. I can only imagine how you feel. Hugs!

Dear Heather,

My deepest sympathies go out to you. I lost my beloved father suddenly 24 years ago. It will be a very difficult time for you, but what helped me most was that I allowed myself to grieve. So Heather, allow yourself to grieve, meaning there are no standard reactions or way that you're supposed to act. If you have children, it's okay to cry in front of them. If you're able to hole yourself up for awhile, that might be helpful for you. Some people need to be surrounded by others, there are just so many ways people handle this. Just be yourself, don't concern yourself with what others might think.

God Bless!

Heather, you are in my prayers, I lost my dad almost 8 years ago (Feb. 25) it was very sudden for him too. You will be numb for a while then it will hit you, keep family and friends around it does help.

I'm so sorry to hear it.

Heather - Hugs and prayers to you. I lost my Dad 3 years ago. He was ill but the timing of his death was a shock. He fell in the middle of the night and died. I can tell you it is a totally different experience than losing a grandparent. It is a feeling you will never forget. Take time to grieve, hold your family close and make sure your mom doesn't make any major decisions during this time. My brother and I shielded my mom for awhile. She is a very smart lady but we didn't want her to do anything out of emotion and she also needed to grieve.Keep a Kleenex box handy and let the tears flow as they need to!

Heather, thoughts and prayers are with you now and in the days/weeks/months/year to come. God Bless.

So sorry to hear this Heather. Prayers with you and your family.

Thank you all, this is the first time I have ever lost someone that I was even remotely close to. Just when I think the tears have stopped they start all over again. I do have 2 children who are close to my dad and we told them today. Josh is 7 and Kayla is 3. Josh seemed ok, Kayla lost it. My husband feels we should let Josh be part of the services, basically there for all of it. I feel he should just go to one of the calling hours. Any thoughts? I need advice on this. I am the oldest so I feel like I need to take responsibility, but also I need support to. My husband and in-laws have been great, but I still just feel lost and numb.

Heather,
I am so sorry for your loss, you and your family will be in my prayers.

I dont know how your funerals go. But I have taken my kids 6, 4 and 1 1/2 at the time to the funerals and also the viewing. You definitly need to do what you feelis right for you and your family.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I haven't lost a parent yet so I have no advice for you, but I know the others on this site will do all they can to help you with this.

I'm sorry for your loss.

If your son wants to attend the service, and if there's a viewing at the funeral, be sure to let your son have his own viewing beforehand.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

((HUGS)), Heather. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have lost my father-in-law, and a step-father to a massive heart attack, but nothing can come close to losing your own father. I can't even imagine. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. {{{HUGS}}}

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine losing my father. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ask your son what he wants to do. Let him make the choice, but I agree that he needs a private viewing with you and your husband to allow him to understand what is going on, if there will be a viewing at the service.

Oh Heather. I am so sorry for your terrible and sudden loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts & prayers in the days to come.

Heather, so sorry for your loss.

Heather,,, I am sooo sorry for your lost. I lost my dad in 1976 and I still miss him and I lost mom 3 years ago. I am not sure you really ever get over it....Take time to remember all the good memories and look at pictures when you are ready. I still talk to my mom and dad, ,and now they are back together again. So many times I think I have to tell mom this or that, and then I remember I can't really. But I do talk to both of them. I will be praying for all of your family.

Debbie

Hang in there, sweetie! I am so very sorry! {{{{HUGS}}}}

On the kids, only YOU know your kids best. Mine were 4 1/2 and 2 at the time. Both were allowed at the viewing/visitation and wanted to be there. It was my time to explain things to them. They didn't spend all the time with us, they had their time then were watched. At the funeral my DD sat with me for half, my son was in the nursery. The other half she was in the nursery. We had a recording of DD saying goodbye to grandpa and saying how she'd miss him and see him in heaven someday.We made sure they were by our side at the burial and wanted them to see that and see the flag folding and presentation to my mom.Make your decision based on your kids and what they will do best with...and whatever YOU decide, don't let anyone else critique.

I'll pray for you and your family.

Heather, I'm so sorry. You and your family wlil be in my prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss Heather - praying for strength and comfort for you and your family.

Heather I am so sorry for your loss.

I would include your son in as much of the services as possible - as long as he can sit still for long periods of time. I say this because my children at that age would be fine; however, my sister's kids would not be good. they usually have a room where family members can go for breaks. Make sure you take a long something for him to maybe play with, read, etc. in the break room.

I think it's a learning experience even though he is young. This is just my opinion.

May the memories of your Dad help you during this most difficult time.

God Bless you and your family.

Oh Heather, I am so sorry to hear about losing your Dad. I will certainly pray for you and your family.

Heather - I am soo sorry for your loss! I, too, lost my dad 2 1/2 years ago very suddenly and unexpected. If you need to talk - just pm and I will give you my number - again - big hugs and I am so sorry!

I am so sorry to hear about losing your Dad.

Thank you all! It means so much to me.

heather223 said:
Hi, I am asking for everyone's thoughts and prayers right now. I lost my dad last night to a massive heart attack. It was very unexpected and I am just so sad and numb right now. It hasn't really hit me yet and I am sure the worse is to come. :cry:

I am so deeply sorry, Heather.

Heather, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear this news. Sending you many hugs! :angel:

Prayers for you and you family during this time.

Heather...heartfelt prayers for you and your family. The Lord will give you the strength to make it through one day at a time...sometimes one minute at a time. The grieving process is different for each person, so let yourself feel whatever it is that you feel. I know, personally, that I got through the funeral and stuff for my mom...then at about 4 months it hit me all over again. I wish there was something to say to help, but know that there are many of us on here praying for you and holding you up!

Heather,
You are in my prayers. My mom passed away suddenly after surgery last August so I can relate to what you're going through. It has been six months and there are still times that I will remember something and start to cry, but it does get easier with time. Hang in there!

Heather, so sorry for your loss, your family is in my prayers.

My thoughts & prayers are with you. I still have both my parents, but lost a sister in a roll-over and a brother in a house fire. The pain never goes away, but time heals. God Bless.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will pray for your family to find peace and comfort.

As for your son, my brother was eight when our grandmother passed suddenly. He had been very, very close to her - much closer than the rest of us grandkids. He was there for everything. The family night and the funeral and graveside service. I think it helped him process everything. I hope you find a solution that works for your family and Josh's best interests.

Heather,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my mother 5 years ago. It is heartbreaking, but as they say- time does make it better.

If you feel Josh is mature enough to handle it, let him go. If he seems to be overly upset, then don't let him attend the funeral itself. That is pretty young to deal with the death of a close grandparent. My Dad died after 3-1/2 years as an invalid with Alzheimer's 26-1/2 years ago in August. I still miss him. My Mom will be gone from cancer 12 years in April. Your memories will keep him alive to your children! Keep pictures of him with them where they can see them. The most cherished pictures for my daughter are those with her Maw in the 14 years she had her with us. I was pregnant with her when my Dad died. I still cry when the grandkids do something that I wish I could tell Maw and Poppie about!

<h2>1. How can I support someone who has lost a loved one?</h2><p>One way to support someone who has lost a loved one is to offer your condolences and let them know you are there for them. You can also ask if there is anything specific they need or if there is any way you can help them during this difficult time.</p><h2>2. What can I do to help ease the pain of losing a parent?</h2><p>Losing a parent can be a deeply painful experience. One way to help ease the pain is by being there for the person and listening to them when they want to talk. You can also offer to help them with daily tasks or errands to give them some time to grieve.</p><h2>3. How can I show my support if I am far away?</h2><p>If you are unable to physically be there for the person, you can still show your support by sending a thoughtful message or card, or by making a donation in memory of their loved one. You can also arrange for a virtual hangout to provide some emotional support from a distance.</p><h2>4. Is there anything I should avoid saying or doing?</h2><p>It is important to be sensitive and understanding when someone is grieving. Avoid saying things like "I know how you feel" or "They are in a better place" as these may not be helpful. Instead, offer your support and let the person know you are there for them.</p><h2>5. How can I continue to support someone who has lost a loved one in the long run?</h2><p>Grieving is a process and it takes time. It is important to continue to check in with the person and offer your support even after some time has passed. You can also honor their loved one's memory by doing something meaningful, like planting a tree or making a donation to a cause they cared about.</p>

1. How can I support someone who has lost a loved one?

One way to support someone who has lost a loved one is to offer your condolences and let them know you are there for them. You can also ask if there is anything specific they need or if there is any way you can help them during this difficult time.

2. What can I do to help ease the pain of losing a parent?

Losing a parent can be a deeply painful experience. One way to help ease the pain is by being there for the person and listening to them when they want to talk. You can also offer to help them with daily tasks or errands to give them some time to grieve.

3. How can I show my support if I am far away?

If you are unable to physically be there for the person, you can still show your support by sending a thoughtful message or card, or by making a donation in memory of their loved one. You can also arrange for a virtual hangout to provide some emotional support from a distance.

4. Is there anything I should avoid saying or doing?

It is important to be sensitive and understanding when someone is grieving. Avoid saying things like "I know how you feel" or "They are in a better place" as these may not be helpful. Instead, offer your support and let the person know you are there for them.

5. How can I continue to support someone who has lost a loved one in the long run?

Grieving is a process and it takes time. It is important to continue to check in with the person and offer your support even after some time has passed. You can also honor their loved one's memory by doing something meaningful, like planting a tree or making a donation to a cause they cared about.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
  • jwpamp