• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Tim Russert: A Tribute to a Respected Newsman

In summary, Tim Russert was a very influential political journalist who was just killed in a sudden heart attack. He was liked by many, and his death is a shock to the nation.
MissChef
Gold Member
When I signed on to my MSN page right now, that is the breaking news. He was the main man on "Meet the Press". I guess this morning he died on the job of a sudden massive heart attack.
This makes me sad! He wasn't my favorite person but he sure was an influential person, and I respected him. The news industry lost a great person today.....:( :cry:

Wow - that's a shocker.

Oh no!! I DID like Tim Russert. IMHO I think he reported politics without too much of a slant. Again, my opinion. How very sad. He was such a nice person. No matter if you like him or not, 58 is far too young to die. His poor family.

I liked him too. A LOT. very very sad. :(

We always enjoyed him here at our house. I always liked the way he talked about his family and the way that he loved and respected his dad. I'm shocked, and saddened.

What a shocker. I enjoyed watching him. How sad. !

I was listening to Sean Hannity when they broke in with the news. I am very sad for his family.

WHAT?!?!?!!? That is terrible.

DebbieJ said:
WHAT?!?!?!!? That is terrible.

According to Sean Hannity the guy was just a real joy to know, always had a smile and was ALWAYS talking about his family...so I'm very sad for them. Sean said he was always talking to his son, Luke any time they met so he knows that he was super close to his son and family meant everything to him.

I met him a couple of years ago. A very nice guy, sincere and very tall!

What a tragedy! I cannot believe it. An absolute loss to the tv reporting community and to the nation.

baychef said:
Oh no!! I DID like Tim Russert. IMHO I think he reported politics without too much of a slant. Again, my opinion. How very sad. He was such a nice person. No matter if you like him or not, 58 is far too young to die. His poor family.

I agree. When at home in Buffalo, all he wanted to talk about was the neighborhood (South Buffalo) & catch up on families he knew. Sadly, his wife and son were still in Italy when they received the news The family had just traveled there to celebrate his son's college graduation.

I bought my husband his books for Fathers Day a couple years ago. Great reading and a great Father's Day Gift.

NBC news is devoting their entire evening news to Tim. What a tribute.
You can tell that what is being said is truely heartfelt....not just words.

Sunday mornings won't be the same without him.

There will be a special on Tim tonight at 10pm EDT on NBC.

Heard the news a while ago. Sad.

When I saw the chyron on CNN with the breaking news, I was in shock. Tim Russert was just on Today! IMHO he was one of the more fair & unbiased political news moderators, esp with regard to Hillary. He seemed less caught up in the Obama fanfare & a little more objective than many of the others (even amongst the NBC family).He seemed like such a class act. He always had a friendly, affable quality about him (even when asking tough questions). His love & respect for his family & father was evident whenever he spoke of them, which was often.You can see from the outpouring of emotion of his peers (esp Tom Brokaw) that he was admired, respected & loved.I can't imagine watching the rest of the Presidential campaign without him. He was my "go-to guy" for US politics. (As a Canuck who is way too interested in your presidential race).How heartbreaking for his family.

This is so sad -- he was quite young. I was shocked when they told us. His son Luke works for us -- he looks a lot like his dad, I think. http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelbio.xmc?ch=144

shocked! I enjoyed listening to him. sad.

I was shocked too. He always explained politics in a way even I could understand things.

baychef said:
I said my words wrong I think! I DID like him, A LOT! I said he wasn't my favorite person, but then again, who is??? But he sure made me smile and as I said I RESPECTED him so much! And when he came on the tv, I always listened because I knew he could make me understand what all the other tv journalists could not! I will miss him on the Today Show and Meet the Press, and when we have our election later on this year, it just won't be the same!!! I think this is so very sad because I know he was very interested in how things played out in this years election.... and now he won't be here for, what could be, history in the making!:cry:
I thought his love for his family was amazing and my heart goes out to his wife and son... 58 is way to young to die.... I feel that not only did the tv news industry loose someone very valuable, but America did too.... it won't be the same without him and for that my heart aches.:cry:

Chef Endora said:
I agree. When at home in Buffalo, all he wanted to talk about was the neighborhood (South Buffalo) & catch up on families he knew. Sadly, his wife and son were still in Italy when they received the news The family had just traveled there to celebrate his son's college graduation.

I bought my husband his books for Fathers Day a couple years ago. Great reading and a great Father's Day Gift.

NBC news is devoting their entire evening news to Tim. What a tribute.
You can tell that what is being said is truely heartfelt....not just words.

Sunday mornings won't be the same without him.

There will be a special on Tim tonight at 10pm EDT on NBC.
Thank you for letting us know this, I am going upstairs to set my DVR!

A special Meet the Press will be hosted tomorrow morning by Tom Brokaw.

Chef Endora said:
A special Meet the Press will be hosted tomorrow morning by Tom Brokaw.
And again, Thank You! I will record that too, as I will be at church.

MissChef said:
I said my words wrong I think! I DID like him, A LOT! I said he wasn't my favorite person, but then again, who is??? But he sure made me smile and as I said I RESPECTED him so much! And when he came on the tv, I always listened because I knew he could make me understand what all the other tv journalists could not! I will miss him on the Today Show and Meet the Press, and when we have our election later on this year, it just won't be the same!!! I think this is so very sad because I know he was very interested in how things played out in this years election.... and now he won't be here for, what could be, history in the making!:cry:
I thought his love for his family was amazing and my heart goes out to his wife and son... 58 is way to young to die.... I feel that not only did the tv news industry loose someone very valuable, but America did too.... it won't be the same without him and for that my heart aches.:cry:

Thank you for letting us know this, I am going upstairs to set my DVR!

That was last night and there was another one this a.m. I'd catch the special edition of "Meet the Press" tomorrow.

I fell asleep before the special last night which was the 2nd hour of Dateline, but it was shown this morning on MSNBC. They will probably be airing it again.

janetupnorth said:
That was last night and there was another one this a.m. I'd catch the special edition of "Meet the Press" tomorrow.
Awwww..... shoooot!!!! I had a show last night and it was one of those LOOOONG ones! It was good but it was a couples show and the host and her husband love to entertain, so it was good but it took a long time to get started and then a long time to get them to order!!! But that Creamy One Pot Pasta was a hit, and I sold cookware too!:D
I will record the show tomorrow morning! I will keep checking MSNBC, and see if the cover the special again on him!

If you missed the special Meet the Press this morning, I believe it will be re-broadcast on MSNBC this evening at 6PM EDT.

Chef Endora said:
If you missed the special Meet the Press this morning, I believe it will be re-broadcast on MSNBC this evening at 6PM EDT.

Thanks, I did miss it this morning...went into church/town and now need to head to camp soon!

I watched it and I caught the one the did on Friday night, again on Saturday night. I recorded both and will watch them all in the morning. I only saw a little bit of them..... Today my heart just ached for his son and his wife, being Father's Day and his death is so fresh.... :( :cry:

There was a candlelight vigil for him last night in a local park near his old neighborhood. According to the local news reports, his Dad is not taking it well which of course is understandable.

If you have Comcast, Meet the Press from 6/15 was on demand there for free. DH and I watched it yesterday evening. So sad, but very touching.

ET just had a story of his son visiting the MTP set. He was present at the taping yesterday. He also was interviewed on the Today Show this morning. I missed that because I was at the pesky day job.

Bill O'Reilly is replaying a 2004 interview on his show tonight. Tim's take on being a Dad is a lesson more men should try to emulate.

Usually, the prime-time shows on Fox news are repeated later if you missed it.

Related to Remembering Tim Russert: A Tribute to a Respected Newsman

1. Who was Tim Russert?

Tim Russert was a respected newsman and journalist who was best known for his role as the host of the NBC news program "Meet the Press". He was also a lawyer and author.

2. How did Tim Russert pass away?

Tim Russert passed away on June 13, 2008, while on the job of a sudden massive heart attack. He was 58 years old.

3. What was Tim Russert's impact on the news industry?

Tim Russert was a highly influential figure in the news industry, known for his tough questioning and in-depth interviews. He was widely respected for his journalistic integrity and is credited with raising the standards of political journalism.

4. Was Tim Russert a popular figure?

Yes, Tim Russert was a beloved and respected figure in the news industry. He was known for his warmth, wit, and dedication to his work, and was widely admired by both colleagues and viewers.

5. How are people reacting to Tim Russert's passing?

The news of Tim Russert's sudden passing has been met with shock and sadness by many, including his colleagues in the news industry and viewers who have followed his career. Many are expressing their condolences and sharing memories of Russert's impact on their lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
annew
Replies
Views
Admin Greg