• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Send Prayers My Way- I Lost My Dad Last Night

In summary, Heather's father died unexpectedly last night and she is just starting to realize the full extent of the situation. She asks for everyone's prayers and acknowledges that it will be a difficult time. She encourages others to allow themselves to grieve and to keep their families close during this time.
I am so sorry for your loss, my deepest sympathies for you and your family.
Prayers coming your way for peace.

I just read this, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

As someone else posted earlier, only YOU know your children and what they can and can not handle. Whatever your decision is, it will be the right one.

Thank you all. I can feel your prayers working- today I am a little better, but it still hurts. I still know the worst is yet to come. I will keep you all updated.

We decided to let my son make his own choice and he wants to come say goodbye to his papa. We are letting him attend everything.

Heather if you need to talk with someone pm me and I will give you my phone number. I am only 4 1'2 years out from loosing my father.

You and your family will be in my prayers. My dad has heart problems, so, this is always a thought in the back of my mind.

jrstephens said:
You and your family will be in my prayers. My dad has heart problems, so, this is always a thought in the back of my mind.

That is what is making me so angry about this- we knew he had heart problems. He had a heart attack 5 years ago and has been going to the doctor and on medicine ever since. I know it isn't just the doctors fault, it is also his because he didn't make the lifestyle changes he needed to, but I am still very angry.

heather223 said:
That is what is making me so angry about this- we knew he had heart problems. He had a heart attack 5 years ago and has been going to the doctor and on medicine ever since. I know it isn't just the doctors fault, it is also his because he didn't make the lifestyle changes he needed to, but I am still very angry.

Heather, understand that anger is part of the grief - My dad was at the doctor on August 9th - clean bill of health - died suddenly on the 12th - you will experience more emotions in the next few weeks then you have in years - I was angry, sad, happy, scared, worried - just to name a few - embrace the emotions as they come and let them work their way... Try to remember all the wonderful memories, and allow yourself to cry as much as you need - It really took me a full year to not cry everyday over losing my dad. Time does heal the hurt but it never fully goes away.

Prayers and hugs!!!!

Heather ~ may all your happy memories help you through this very difficult and sad time. Regarding the kids...when my FIL died, my nephew and niece (same ages as your at the time) ~ nephew was allowed to do and the niece was not. The nephew seem to be be at peace and seemed to grieve well (this was 6 years ago). My niece was angry she wasn't allowed. When she and her parents have a scuffle about something else...she always brings out how they didn't allow her to say good-bye to Grandpa. With saying this, YOU know you kids better than anyone here on this board. Go with your gut feeling. You are the best judge for them. You will be in my thoughts/prayers for the days to come.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss Heather.

<h2>1. How can I support someone who has lost a loved one?</h2><p>One way to support someone who has lost a loved one is to offer your condolences and let them know you are there for them. You can also ask if there is anything specific they need or if there is any way you can help them during this difficult time.</p><h2>2. What can I do to help ease the pain of losing a parent?</h2><p>Losing a parent can be a deeply painful experience. One way to help ease the pain is by being there for the person and listening to them when they want to talk. You can also offer to help them with daily tasks or errands to give them some time to grieve.</p><h2>3. How can I show my support if I am far away?</h2><p>If you are unable to physically be there for the person, you can still show your support by sending a thoughtful message or card, or by making a donation in memory of their loved one. You can also arrange for a virtual hangout to provide some emotional support from a distance.</p><h2>4. Is there anything I should avoid saying or doing?</h2><p>It is important to be sensitive and understanding when someone is grieving. Avoid saying things like "I know how you feel" or "They are in a better place" as these may not be helpful. Instead, offer your support and let the person know you are there for them.</p><h2>5. How can I continue to support someone who has lost a loved one in the long run?</h2><p>Grieving is a process and it takes time. It is important to continue to check in with the person and offer your support even after some time has passed. You can also honor their loved one's memory by doing something meaningful, like planting a tree or making a donation to a cause they cared about.</p>

1. How can I support someone who has lost a loved one?

One way to support someone who has lost a loved one is to offer your condolences and let them know you are there for them. You can also ask if there is anything specific they need or if there is any way you can help them during this difficult time.

2. What can I do to help ease the pain of losing a parent?

Losing a parent can be a deeply painful experience. One way to help ease the pain is by being there for the person and listening to them when they want to talk. You can also offer to help them with daily tasks or errands to give them some time to grieve.

3. How can I show my support if I am far away?

If you are unable to physically be there for the person, you can still show your support by sending a thoughtful message or card, or by making a donation in memory of their loved one. You can also arrange for a virtual hangout to provide some emotional support from a distance.

4. Is there anything I should avoid saying or doing?

It is important to be sensitive and understanding when someone is grieving. Avoid saying things like "I know how you feel" or "They are in a better place" as these may not be helpful. Instead, offer your support and let the person know you are there for them.

5. How can I continue to support someone who has lost a loved one in the long run?

Grieving is a process and it takes time. It is important to continue to check in with the person and offer your support even after some time has passed. You can also honor their loved one's memory by doing something meaningful, like planting a tree or making a donation to a cause they cared about.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
  • jwpamp