• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Past Host Discount and Guest Special

In summary, the customer will receive a 30% discount on the knives and can purchase as many as they want at 20% off. However, the overall discount for the customer will end up being 28% off the original price, as the discounts are multiplicative and not additive. There is no limit to the number of knives that can be purchased.
MandyH
If I have a lady who hosted a June show for me and now is placing an order on an August show, does she get her 10% past host discount on top of the 20% forged cutlery guest special? Or is it 20% off the cutlery and 10% off everything else? Also, for the guest special is it only 1 of the knives at 20% off or can they order as many as they want at 20% off? Thanks!

She will get 30% off the knives.

They can also order as manhy knives at 20%

So as many as she wants at 30% off..... Thanks so much! :)

Be careful telling her that it will be 30% off. I actually had a past host scold me at a show because she did the math on her own calculator to get 30% off and that's not it... she gets 10% off the 20% off price! It actually comes out to be about 28% off the original price not the full 30%... not that big of a deal but you know that there's always ONE in every crowd!!!!!

Actually, it ends up being 28% off (sale price = 80% of retail, host gets 10% off that, which is 8% of the original price, taking her price to 72% of retail). Discounts are multiplicative, not additive.

Sale price = .8 x 1.00 = .8
Host discounted price = .9 x .8 (sale price) = .72

There is no limit to the number of knives people can purchase. Hooray!

chefann said:
Actually, it ends up being 28% off (sale price = 80% of retail, host gets 10% off that, which is 8% of the original price, taking her price to 72% of retail). Discounts are multiplicative, not additive.

Whew! I had to read that several times to understand what you were saying! LOL!!

I'm so happy that all of you intellectual math people are on this site. I'd just let the computer do it. I'd never have figured out the 28%. Thanks!:)

chefann said:

Just found this thread and I was going to post the same thing... then I saw your excellent nerdy answer!!! Nerds Rock!

I still don't know what you're talking about! I guess math has never been my strong point!

BTW... I'm no good at math, but I did know about the 28%.

It's easier to see how it computes if you use different percentages.Let's say that a store has a 50% off sale running, and you have a frequent buyer reward that entitles you to 50% off. There's an item you want that's $100. It rings up at $50 (the sale price), then you present your coupon. That takes 50% off the remaining $50, which is $25, making your final price $25, for a total savings of $75. 75 is 75% of 100.

1. What is the Past Host Discount?

The Past Host Discount is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef to previous hosts of parties. It allows them to receive a discount on their next purchase as a thank you for hosting a party.

2. How do I redeem my Past Host Discount?

To redeem your Past Host Discount, simply enter the discount code provided to you during your party at checkout. The discount will automatically be applied to your purchase.

3. What is the Guest Special?

The Guest Special is a limited time offer available to guests who attend a Pampered Chef party. It is a discounted product that is exclusive to party guests.

4. Can I combine my Past Host Discount with the Guest Special?

Unfortunately, the Past Host Discount and Guest Special cannot be combined. You can only use one discount or promotion per purchase.

5. Do I have to use my Past Host Discount and Guest Special at the same time?

No, you do not have to use your Past Host Discount and Guest Special in the same transaction. You can use them on separate purchases, as long as they are within the designated time period for each promotion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• niclowther
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • stephaniekocala
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
melheather
Replies