• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

September Guest Special Question

ALSO takes off the discount that the hostess earns.In summary, past hosts receive a 10% discount on the 20% guest special, resulting in a total discount of 28%. Commission is earned on the 20% off price, not the original price. It is important not to tell past hosts it is 30% off, as the actual price they pay is more expensive. The 20% off price applies to all host benefits, and there are no limits to who can order at this discounted price. However, if the host's show qualifies for a higher discount, it is better for them to use that route. P3 automatically calculates and applies the discounted price for the host, as well as their
niclowther
Gold Member
Do past hosts get 10% off then 20% the selected guest special (or visa versa) or do they just get 20% off like everyone else?

Also, do we make commission on those guest specials ordered?

Thanks!

Yup, past hosts are basically getting those original stoneware pieces at 30% off (20% guest special and 10% past host discount).

We earn commission on the 20% off price, not the full price. It will total correctly in your commissionable sales in P3.

Becca

That's awesome. Thanks for the quick reply!

OOPS - Be careful! DO NOT TELL PAST HOSTS IT IS 30% OFF. It will not figure out correctly to them. I have had many check this math!!
The Large Rectangle Baker is $38.
At 30% or $11.40 off it is $26.60.
The Special price of $30.40 - 3.04(10% PHD) = $27.36 This is the actual price your past hosts will pay. It is more expensive than 30% off. By $.76 but it is a challengable claim. I ended up eating about 30 of those differences once and that gets expenisive. $.76 times 30 = $22.80!

Also remind the current Host that if she gets stoneware above her 60% off pieces, it is 20% off then less her discount she earns! As long as it is 49% or less, we earn commission on it!Thanks for reminding us of that John! I never thought of it that way!

John is right--it's not 30% off.It's 10% off the 20% sale price.As Jane mentioned, the 20% off price also applies to the other host benefits--FPV, 1/2 price, and % discount.A September host can really clean up!

It ends up being 28% off for past hosts. Thanks! I didnt realize the host gets that stoneware discount on top of all host benefits.

I went into a Claire's Boutique once & they had a sale ... everything in the store was 50% off and then if you buy two items, the 2nd (cheaper) item is an additional 50% off. I took two $10 items to the counter. The sales clerk understood that the first item was $5 but it took her & 2 additional employees about 10 min's to believe me when I told them that the 2nd item was $2.50. They just couldn't grasp the concept of the 2nd discount. Most people do want to add them together but it doesn't work that way as pointed out by the previous posters. If it did, that 2nd item would have been FREE for me! LOLI agree. You add the 20% off item to everything else they are buying, do a subtotal & then take off their 10% past host discount. UNLESS they qualify for the booking benefit where they can get something at 60% off. ;)And the 20% off items are for ANYBODY who's ordering. No limits. Even the current host herself can order more stones. But if her show is high enough for her to have a 25%-30% discount she's obviously better going that route. I don't think that P3 will let you give her a 20% off stone & then take an additional % off with her host benefits. ;)

Sheila said:
I went into a Claire's Boutique once & they had a sale ... everything in the store was 50% off and then if you buy two items, the 2nd (cheaper) item is an additional 50% off. I took two $10 items to the counter. The sales clerk understood that the first item was $5 but it took her & 2 additional employees about 10 min's to believe me when I told them that the 2nd item was $2.50. They just couldn't grasp the concept of the 2nd discount. Most people do want to add them together but it doesn't work that way as pointed out by the previous posters. If it did, that 2nd item would have been FREE for me! LOL

I agree. You add the 20% off item to everything else they are buying, do a subtotal & then take off their 10% past host discount. UNLESS they qualify for the booking benefit where they can get something at 60% off. ;)

And the 20% off items are for ANYBODY who's ordering. No limits. Even the current host herself can order more stones. But if her show is high enough for her to have a 25%-30% discount she's obviously better going that route. I don't think that P3 will let you give her a 20% off stone & then take an additional % off with her host benefits. ;)

Yes - it will. There is a special product # for the discounted product. When you enter this into P3 for the host - it automatically adds it as the discounted price, and then takes the additional host discount off that price. If you check it as a 1/2 off item - they get 1/2 off the 20% off price.

I do this with hosts every time we have the stoneware sale. It works - and it's legal.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes - it will. There is a special product # for the discounted product. When you enter this into P3 for the host - it automatically adds it as the discounted price, and then takes the additional host discount off that price. If you check it as a 1/2 off item - they get 1/2 off the 20% off price.

I do this with hosts every time we have the stoneware sale. It works - and it's legal.

That's good to know! :thumbup:

Just so I understand, they do not have to order a minimum of $60 to receive this special. Basicly, this is just a sale off of certain bakeware.

I have read the flier but I want to make sure I don't say it wrong and have to eat the cost.

Thanks,

Tina

Yes, that is correct. There is no minimum purchase necessary to get the 20% off.

What is the September Guest Special?

The September Guest Special is a limited-time offer from Pampered Chef that is exclusively available for guests who attend a cooking party or online event during the month of September. It typically includes a discounted product or bundle.

How do I qualify for the September Guest Special?

To qualify for the September Guest Special, you must attend a Pampered Chef cooking party or online event during the month of September. The special offer will be available to purchase during the event or within a designated time frame afterwards.

Can I purchase the September Guest Special outside of a party or event?

No, the September Guest Special is only available for purchase during a Pampered Chef cooking party or online event. It is a thank-you to guests who support our independent consultants by attending and participating in their events.

Can I combine the September Guest Special with other offers or discounts?

Unfortunately, the September Guest Special cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. It is already a discounted offer and cannot be further reduced.

What happens if I miss out on the September Guest Special?

If you are unable to attend a Pampered Chef cooking party or online event during the month of September, you will miss out on the special offer. However, there may be similar promotions or discounts available in the future, so be sure to stay connected with your consultant for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • nikkijo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies