• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Packing for My First Conference: What to Bring?

We will be in Chicago July 18th. How can you get your surgery on July 18th?Are you in Wave 1 or 2 by any chance? LOL
natural
Gold Member
I hope there is not already a thread for this??? Couldn't find one.

This is my first Conference, I am thinking about what to pack. I know the workshops and such are biz casual, but will there be any down time? What are you all bringing for that?

Will I need a swim suit, excersize clothes,etc?

Which brings me to the next ?? how much down time will there be, (I mean I fully intend to utilize this for Pc, of course) so it really isn't down-time, but just trying to get a feel for the weekend.

Sandra

There's a schedule/agenda on CC with the other conference info. There's not a whole lot of down time.

pack light. Last year was my first & I brought way too much stuff. You really don't have much free time. Don't know if where we stayed even had a pool--never had time to check it out.

Frequently, downtown hotels that usually cater to businesspeople don't even have pools, or there's an additional charge to use them. Your specific down time will depend on when you're arriving and leaving town. But I agree with the above - pack as light as possible.

No swimsuit needed and no exercise clothes unless you want to wake at 4 a.m. No joke!Very little downtime! And what time there is, you should be spending networking with other consultants.

I am packing my swimsuit and exercise shoes. I will walk on Wednesday and again on Saturday. Depending on my inability to sleep, might walk on Thur and Fri, too. If you exercise regularly, you might want to toss your stuff in your bag. Personally, for me, it helps me keep regular (if you get my drift) and will balance all the good food I will be eating!!

PamperChefCarol said:
I am packing my swimsuit and exercise shoes. I will walk on Wednesday and again on Saturday. Depending on my inability to sleep, might walk on Thur and Fri, too. If you exercise regularly, you might want to toss your stuff in your bag. Personally, for me, it helps me keep regular (if you get my drift) and will balance all the good food I will be eating!!

Oh I totally get you! hey I would like to join you for a walk if it works.By any chance are you staying at the Chicago Hilton? If anyone is, let me know I d' like to get a couple walks in (We can do some NETWORKING) I will kill two birds with one stone!!!

natural said:
Oh I totally get you! hey I would like to join you for a walk if it works.By any chance are you staying at the Chicago Hilton? If anyone is, let me know I d' like to get a couple walks in (We can do some NETWORKING) I will kill two birds with one stone!!!

Yes we are at the Hilton. You are more than welcome to come with me. Keep in mind, I don't go as quickly as I used to, have a little issue with my knee that some surgery is going to fix, but not until July 18. We are coming in Wed at noon, and will probably walk down to Watertower that afternoon. Come join.

PamperChefCarol said:
Yes we are at the Hilton. You are more than welcome to come with me. Keep in mind, I don't go as quickly as I used to, have a little issue with my knee that some surgery is going to fix, but not until July 18. We are coming in Wed at noon, and will probably walk down to Watertower that afternoon. Come join.

We will be in Chicago July 18th. How can you get your surgery on July 18th?Are you in Wave 1 or 2 by any chance? LOL

Related to Packing for My First Conference: What to Bring?

1. What should I wear to the conference?

It is recommended to dress in business casual attire for the conference. This can include dress pants, a blouse or collared shirt, and comfortable shoes. It is also a good idea to bring a jacket or sweater in case the conference room is cold.

2. Do I need to bring my own notepad and pen?

While notepads and pens will be provided at the conference, it is always a good idea to bring your own for note-taking and jotting down any important information. If you prefer to take notes electronically, make sure to bring a fully charged laptop or tablet.

3. Can I bring my own snacks and drinks?

Outside food and drinks are typically not allowed at conferences, as most venues provide refreshments and meals throughout the day. However, if you have specific dietary restrictions or preferences, you may bring your own snacks. Just be mindful of any food or drink policies set by the conference organizers.

4. Should I bring my business cards?

Yes, it is always a good idea to bring business cards to conferences. This allows you to easily exchange contact information with other attendees and potential clients. Make sure to have an ample supply on hand.

5. Do I need to bring any promotional materials?

If you have any promotional materials for your business, such as brochures or flyers, it is a good idea to bring them to the conference. This can help you stand out and attract potential customers. However, make sure to check with the conference organizers beforehand to see if there are any restrictions on distributing promotional materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ldynred7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
DebbieJ