• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating My First Consultant Conference as a Newbie

In summary, Laura recommends going to conference regardless of whether or not you are breastfeeding. She advises bringing a pump if you plan on nursing and recommends attending the conference in Chicago so that you can take advantage of the special nursing room.
ivykeep
Gold Member
Relative newbie consultant here...

I assume that the Wave 1, 2 or 3 is so that the conference isn't overrun with PC people and everyone can fit. How do you know which Wave you should be in -- do you pick by date or is it assigned by your Director or their upline?

Can anyone give me any insight to the Conference? I have a one year old daughter and am a stay at home mom as my "other" job -- I am also still breastfeeding and plan to continue as long as (as the pediatrician and the books say) "it is agreeable to both of us" (or I get pregnant and the OB tells me to stop), so there is a strong possibility I will still be breastfeeding in July. Would it be worth attending conference and bringing the baby and a babysitter (probably my husband, but maybe my sister) for her while I'm at Conference events? Or should I plan to sit this year out?

How long were you a consultant before you attended your first Conference? Do you wish you had gone earlier?

What is the best part of Conference for you?

Thanks!

Laura
You can tell what wave you are in buy your excecutive director I know you can find it on CC somewher but not sure where (sorry)
also I have yet to go to conference I do plan on going in the future but every year something has come up last yr I was 37 wks pregnant. I have heard others mention that there is a pumping room where youy can pump but you can't have your baby at the conference center. but you can have them in Chicago with you just have them window shop or check out the museums there. I have also heard on this board the people who did not go before but will not miss out on any more. I hope I helped

Thanks Jennie!

*If* I go and *if* I bring the baby, she definitely wouldn't be in the conference center -- she'd either be out sight seeing with my husband or in the hotel room with my sister (depending on who came with me). I definitely couldn't leave her at home for several days.

Laura,
GREAT for you for giving this some thought!! It's definitely possible and totally worth it to go!!! The "wave" you're assigned to is based on your Executive Director. Do you know who yours is? This person is probably the highest name that's listed on your commission check up in the upper left hand corner (if you even have had a commission check yet). If not, your director should be able to tell you.

As for nursing and going to conference....do it!!!:) I was nursing my daughter (who was 9-10 months old at the time) two years ago at conference. I didn't bring her with, but I brought my trusty pump because I didn't want to wean her yet and I didn't want to stop producing milk. There's a special room just for nursing mothers at the convention center (McCormick Place) where you can either breastfeed or pump right in there. There's even a fridge in there. I toted my pump around for the first day and half before realizing there were even some cabinets I could stash it in between visits to the nursing mom's room. It's not guarded or anything, but you do need a key (which you can get there at the convention center). I'd highly suggest it! You'll see moms there with newborns. If your husband or sister wants to come and actually have your daughter there, that works too. There just can't be any children in any sessions or workshops. There's time in between the various activities, although some days it's not a ton, but enough to breastfeed for a little bit.

I've gone to conference every year since becoming a consultant. My first year, I had only been doing shows for 3 months and I went. I actually decided to go to conference pretty soon after starting because I heard such great things. And they were all true! GOod luck in your decision, but definitely know that it CAN work while you're breastfeeding! It's kind of funny, one year at conference I was about 7 months pregnant, then the next year at conference I was a nursing mom. Luckily my daughter was fine with taking a bottle and I had stored up enough milk in the freezer so she got through the 3 days ok. Plus, since your daughter is on solids I assume, it's not as difficult if she was soley breastfeeding.:)

I say if you can work it out; then go:) I didn't get to go my first 3 years for different reasons, and I sooo wish I could have! It's truly an amazing experience; you get to see the whole big picture of what you can achieve with PC. Good luck with your decision:) (Becky gave wonderful advise as always!)

lacychef said:
Good luck with your decision:) (Becky gave wonderful advise as always!)
Awww, thanks! You're so sweet. :)

Becky said it perfectly!

I did not go to conference my first year. I signed up in march and figured I was too new it wouldn't matter and did not want the expense. Boy do I regret it!!! I did go the next year and was kicking myself for not going the first year. I think conference is the #1 thing you can do for your business especially as a new consultant What better way to get off to a great start!!!

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to try and get there this year then!

Great decision! You won't regret it!

booked the airfare today since the promo southwest fares were almost gone. DH laughed at me when I told him.

Hi Laura,

Are you flying out of BWI? We (my director and I) are leaving on the 8th and returning on the 11th. Last year we met a lot of PC'ers at BWI on the way out to Chicago. It was my first conference, and I don't plan to miss another one.

We are flying out of BWI on the 6:35 pm southwest flight on the 8th and returning on 10:35 am flight on thursday the 12th. My husband will be coming with me to babysit the baby so we are staying the extra night at his request since I'm not sure I'll have time to see any of Chicago myself.

1. How can I prepare for my first consultant conference?

To prepare for your first consultant conference, make sure you have all the necessary materials and information such as your conference schedule, registration confirmation, and any required dress code. It also helps to connect with other consultants attending the conference beforehand to get advice and tips.

2. What are the main benefits of attending a consultant conference?

Attending a consultant conference allows you to network with other consultants, learn new skills and techniques, and get inspired by successful consultants. It also gives you the opportunity to attend workshops and training sessions to improve your business.

3. How can I make the most out of my first consultant conference?

To make the most out of your first consultant conference, be open-minded and actively participate in workshops and training sessions. Take notes and ask questions to gain valuable insights and knowledge. Also, make sure to network with other consultants and attend social events to build relationships.

4. What should I wear to a consultant conference?

The dress code for a consultant conference is typically business casual, but it's always a good idea to check with the conference organizers beforehand. It's also important to wear comfortable shoes as you may be standing or walking for long periods of time.

5. How can I stay organized during the conference?

One way to stay organized during the conference is to create a schedule or agenda for yourself, including the sessions and events you want to attend. You can also use a notebook or planner to take notes and keep track of important information. Additionally, make sure to have all necessary materials and business cards easily accessible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ldynred7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ldynred7
  • General Chat
Replies