• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Your First Conference: What to Pack

In summary, you should pack comfortable shoes, a sweater/jacket, and dress pants/capris for everyday wear, and bring a change of clothes for evening activities. There is usually time for site seeing in the evening.
ldynred7
Hi Everyone!
This is my first time going to conference and I am not sure of what I need to pack. Do we wear dress attire everyday during conference? Do we have time in the evening to site see? Do I need 2 sets of clothes for every day one for Conference and one for evening? What else do I need to have to take to conference meetings?

Thank you for your response.

check out the Countdown To Conference Thread!! All of the info you will need should be in there!! Have fun

You need to read through Rae's annual thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f107/2011-countdown-national-conference-68228/She (and others chime in) with great tips, advice, etc.And there is usually time in the evening for some site seeing- yes, and also depending on when you arrive to town- you may get some in then too. On Cons. Corner, go to the Consultant & Leadership Training red-tab ->Conference-> nat.Conf. Then go to the Agenda. There is a downloadable schedule that shows you the days times and when things are done, so you can plan somewhat.ANd look in the "Conference 2011" Forum- for other threads, like dining, etc..

My feeling regarding dress is business casual, nice pants/capris and nice tops -- and bring a sweater or light jacket - usually freezing in the workshops. Oh, and comfy shoes!! :)

I generally bring 1 pair of jeans and just change my pants in the evening.

I'll be wearing business casual during the day, and then shorts or capris, t-shirts & tennis shoes to do sight seeing in the evenings. :D

Definitely wear comfortable shoes. I wore shoes that are normal comfortable and ended up in sneakers the next day and finally gave up and wore flip flops. I just didn't care by the third day, because my feet hurt so bad.

I'm going to be wearing Capris with nice tops and TEVA sandals

1. What should I pack for my first conference?

When preparing for your first conference, it's important to pack essential items such as business cards, a notepad and pen, comfortable shoes, and appropriate attire for any networking events or workshops. You may also want to bring a laptop or tablet for taking notes and a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the day.

2. Do I need to bring any specific materials for the conference?

It's always a good idea to check the conference agenda beforehand to see if there are any specific materials or documents that you need to bring. This could include presentation slides, handouts, or any other necessary materials for workshops or sessions.

3. How many outfits should I pack?

The number of outfits you pack for a conference will depend on the length of the event and your personal preferences. It's always a good idea to have a few options in case of unexpected changes in weather or dress code. However, try not to overpack and stick to versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched.

4. What items should I avoid packing for a conference?

Avoid packing unnecessary items that will only add extra weight to your luggage. This could include bulky electronics, excessive amounts of toiletries, or multiple pairs of shoes. It's also best to leave any valuable or sentimental items at home to avoid the risk of losing them during the conference.

5. Is there anything else I should bring besides the essentials?

In addition to the essential items, you may also want to bring a small bag or backpack to carry around during the conference. This way, you can easily access your belongings and have a place to store any materials or swag you may receive. It's also a good idea to bring a phone charger and any necessary medication or personal items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• natural
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrsbettyboop0000
  • klstaz
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • mrssyvo