• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pack Clothes for Wave 1 Conference Trip

In summary, it is best to fold clothes, but if you're going to roll, make sure to do it from the bottom up so they don't get wrinkles in them. Invest in some Downy Wrinkle Reducer, and bring your own hangers if you're sharing a room with others. Bring a phone charger, and don't forget your tissue paper to fold clothes with!
klstaz
Gold Member
This may be a silly question to some but I don't travel very often. What is the best way to pack clothes into your luggage? Should I fold them, I have heard roll them also. I just wondered what would be the best way so that I didn't have wrinkly clothes when I get to Conference. I will be packing my bag Tuesday since my flight leaves Wednesday morning for Wave 1. Thanks for your help!

I usually fold, but I'm going to try the roll method this time around.
The hotels should have irons anyway, so even if something it wrinkly, we should be ok.

I definitely roll...been doing that for years...and you can fit a lot more in when you roll.

I used to iron all of my clothes before I packed my luggage. I tried folding and rolling, but every time my clothes would need to be re-ironed when I got to the hotel.

Now I just pack my luggage and go. I spend about 20 or 30 minutes ironing at the hotel. Totally worth the time.

I do recommend bring some hangers with you. When sharing a room, hangers become scarce.

I always roll everything. (except underwear and socks those go in gallon bags and then we squish the air out.) Our vacations are usually 10-15 days and it also helps when packing for 5 people get more in. Now that the kids are older they each take their own suitcase but when they were smaller we tried to just take 2 big ones.
I noticed when my daughter packed for church camp she had rolled her stuff

Roll them! Much easier to fill every nook and cranny of your suitcase that way.Like Lisa said, spend some time ironing when you get there and/or also invest in some Downy Wrinkle Reducer--that stuff is awesome!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Roll them! Much easier to fill every nook and cranny of your suitcase that way.

Like Lisa said, spend some time ironing when you get there and/or also invest in some Downy Wrinkle Reducer--that stuff is awesome!!!!

Hmmm...I have never tried that before. I may need to get to the store!

ChefLisa said:
Hmmm...I have never tried that before. I may need to get to the store!

I never found that stuff worked that well, but it must work if it's still being made!

Thanks for everyones input. I will be packing hangers to hang things on. I think I will try rolling things and see how it goes. Thanks again.:chef:

Off to repack and try the roll method. Do you roll from top to botom or bottom to top?
Not sure if it makes a difference wrinkle wise ;)

Don't bring extra hangers! Call housekeeping and get some when you get there.

I second the zipper bag idea! I couldn't believe how much smaller my sister was able to pack her kids' stuff on vacation earlier this year by putting each outfit into a gallon size bag and squeezing all the air out. My clothes are too big, but intimates will definitely be getting the "bag" treatment. :)
Also - the hotels usually have hair dryers. Don't waste space packing yours if they do (you can check the hotel website for the amenities in each room). Same for shampoo. I used to pack my own. But since my hair acts differently with the different water, I may as well use different shampoo, too.

chefann said:
I second the zipper bag idea! I couldn't believe how much smaller my sister was able to pack her kids' stuff on vacation earlier this year by putting each outfit into a gallon size bag and squeezing all the air out. My clothes are too big, but intimates will definitely be getting the "bag" treatment. :)
Also - the hotels usually have hair dryers. Don't waste space packing yours if they do (you can check the hotel website for the amenities in each room). Same for shampoo. I used to pack my own. But since my hair acts differently with the different water, I may as well use different shampoo, too.

I was just going to post the same thing! I won't be bringing shampoo or soap with me - I'll just use the hotel's...If I remember correctly, the last 2 years it has been all Crabtree and Evelyn products. They smell nice, and I'm low maintenance....I use whatever is on sale anyway.....and the blow dryer provided by the hotel works just fine for me.

Don't Forget your phone charger though!

I fold t-shirts and blouses with tissue paper. Pants I roll. Undies and socks are put into bags that zip up. Shoes also have there own bags. I travel A LOT as many of you know. I also pack very light as well. Everything I take on a month long trip could fit into a carry on !!!

what about hairspray?? Do you all pack your normal can or use travel size?? same with deodorant?? Just want to simplify things!!

When I have travel size, I pack that. But I don't make a special trip to buy small sizes. (My travel size 'live' in my suitcase and are good for several trips.)

momoftwins said:
what about hairspray?? Do you all pack your normal can or use travel size?? same with deodorant?? Just want to simplify things!!

LOL - I'm obsessed with travel sized bottles of stuff....so yes, I'll be bringing a travel sized hairspray, deodorant, and toothpaste!

chefann said:
When I have travel size, I pack that. But I don't make a special trip to buy small sizes. (My travel size 'live' in my suitcase and are good for several trips.)

That is what I do. I actually have a bag that is never un-packed:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
I was just going to post the same thing! I won't be bringing shampoo or soap with me - I'll just use the hotel's...If I remember correctly, the last 2 years it has been all Crabtree and Evelyn products. They smell nice, and I'm low maintenance....I use whatever is on sale anyway.....and the blow dryer provided by the hotel works just fine for me.

Don't Forget your phone charger though!

This made me laugh! I knew we could be sisters Becky---I am the same way! Whatever they have there will work fine for me!
(I did buy the travel size toothpaste & hairspray though!)

lacychef said:
This made me laugh! I knew we could be sisters Becky---I am the same way! Whatever they have there will work fine for me!
(I did buy the travel size toothpaste & hairspray though!)

Yep - I'm the one who's "skin care" regimen for a couple years was baby wipes as I was changing the morning and evening diapers!:D Sad, but true.....

When I roll my clothes, I roll outfits together. I set the shirt on top of the pants and roll them together. I don't know if this actually saves space too but it makes easy when unpacking to id which outfits go together.

I use the Space bags for travel. Same concept as the ziplock gallon bags, just larger. It was really handy for my trip to Cinci, I had to pack a ton of sweaters and warm clothes. And I only carried on!

chefann said:
I am currently on vacation alone with my ds (at a family wedding) and this idea has saved me!!!! I packed all of his outfits in bags. As I'm still getting ready, I just told him to grab a bag and get dressed and then he doesn't need my help! :D:D:D

rennea said:
I fold t-shirts and blouses with tissue paper. Pants I roll. Undies and socks are put into bags that zip up. Shoes also have there own bags. I travel A LOT as many of you know. I also pack very light as well. Everything I take on a month long trip could fit into a carry on !!!

How do you do that??????????????:confused:

I am a horrible packing person...I am a big-time overpacker. I went camping over the 4th and I swear...b/c I was camping...I re-wore some of the same clothes and didn't hardly touch somethings at all...but my bag was very much Over full in the packing area.
Alot of these ideas are GREAT!! Thanks!!

1. How many outfits should I pack for the Wave 1 Conference trip?

It is recommended to pack 4-5 outfits for the conference, including casual attire for travel and business casual/professional attire for the conference events.

2. Do I need to bring any special clothing for the conference?

No, there is no specific dress code for the conference events. Business casual attire is appropriate for all conference activities.

3. Should I pack formal attire for any events?

There is no formal attire required for the conference events. Business casual attire is appropriate for all activities.

4. Will there be any outdoor activities at the conference?

No, all conference events will be held indoors. However, it is recommended to pack a light jacket or sweater in case the conference room temperature is too cool for your comfort.

5. Can I wear jeans to the conference events?

While there is no strict dress code, it is recommended to avoid wearing jeans to the conference events. Business casual attire is more appropriate for a professional setting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ldynred7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkspeir
Replies