• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which airport is better for a conference: Midway or O'Hare?

In summary, the conversation discusses the best airport to fly into for a conference, with one person preferring Midway due to Southwest flights being cheaper, but none available for the desired dates. American Airlines is an alternative, but flies into O'Hare, which has a lot of hotel shuttles. Another person suggests checking out ATA airlines, but they do not fly to Chicago from Kansas City. Other websites, such as Kayak and Sidestep, are recommended for finding the cheapest flights. The group also discusses transportation options from the airport to the conference hotels.
chefmelody
Which airport is better to fly into for conference? I usually like to fly Southwest, which goes into Midway, but none of their "cheap" flights are available for the dates I'm wanting to go. (Sunday arrive, Wednesday leave.) I can usually get a flight for about $100 round-trip from them, but right now the cheapest they've got is $74 each way! American Airlines is $98 round-trip, but they fly into O'Hare.

I know O'Hare has a lot of shuttles for hotels, though. Do any of the conference hotels have a shuttle from there?

I have done both, I think it is best to just go with what is cheapest

chefmelody said:
Which airport is better to fly into for conference? I usually like

Check out ATA airlines.

I'm staying an extra night for the flight. But I'm only paying $187RT from calif. Sun-Thursdayam They might fly on wed. to kansas

CAmomCookin4U said:
Check out ATA airlines.

I'm staying an extra night for the flight. But I'm only paying $187RT from calif. Sun-Thursdayam They might fly on wed. to kansas

Doesn't look like they fly KC to Chicago. But thanks!

chefmelody said:
Doesn't look like they fly KC to Chicago. But thanks!
Bummer. Another website is
www.kayak.com and select the box that says check other airports. they check all airlines then whoever is cheaper go to there direct website. Good Luck

Midway is easier (smaller) but O'Hare isn't terrible.

There will be plenty of shuttles and plenty of other PC folks around to share a shuttle or cab.

Or, you can take the blue line train for like $2. Once they announce hotels, I'll be posting door to door directions for the trains.

You're so good to us Deb! Thanks!!!:D

I am flying into Ohare and talked w/ a lot of people that are in Sacramento area that are also flying into O'hare. We get in @ 12:55 on sunday your more than welcome to catch a ride w/ us or train. We haven't decided yet. So at that time, watch out we will take over.

1. What is the best airport to fly into when visiting Chicago?

If you are flying into Chicago, the two main airports are Midway and O'Hare. O'Hare is the larger and busier airport, serving both domestic and international flights. Midway is smaller and primarily serves domestic flights, but is located closer to the city center. The best airport for you depends on your specific travel plans and preferences.

2. How far is Midway from downtown Chicago?

Midway Airport is located about 10 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Depending on traffic, it can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to reach the city center by car or public transportation.

3. Is it easier to get to downtown Chicago from Midway or O'Hare?

This depends on your mode of transportation. If you are taking public transportation, it is generally easier to get to downtown Chicago from Midway. The Orange Line train runs directly from Midway to downtown, while reaching downtown from O'Hare requires a transfer. However, if you are driving or taking a taxi, O'Hare may be a more convenient option.

4. Are there any hotels near Midway Airport?

Yes, there are several hotels located near Midway Airport, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxury hotels. Some hotels even offer shuttle services to and from the airport for convenience.

5. Can I easily rent a car at Midway or O'Hare?

Both Midway and O'Hare have multiple car rental companies located at the airport. However, O'Hare typically has a wider selection of rental car options and may be a better choice if you have specific vehicle needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views