• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save on Airport Transportation: Group Rates for Midway to Hilton Chicago

In summary, a group of consultants are discussing transportation options for their upcoming trip to Chicago for a conference. They mention using Go Airport Express for reduced prices, and some have had good experiences with using public transportation such as the "L" train to get to their hotel and the conference venue. They also plan to meet up and travel together to save money. One consultant also shares her experience with using a limo service for a cheap ride. They discuss the ease and convenience of using public transportation, but also acknowledge that it may not be suitable for those with larger luggage or who are unfamiliar with city transportation systems.
PampChefDeb
HELP! Anyone flying in to Midway and Staying at or near Hilton Chicago? I am flying in to Midway on Monday at 1:30pm. Go Airport Express has greatly reduced prices when there is a group rather than single person riding.
I am reserving for round trip.
Prices Per Person go from $33 to $24 for 2 people and down to $20 for 3 or more.

wear logo wear when traveling. When you go to ground transport I can almost guarantee there will be other PC'rs. The year I rode the shuttle I was traveling alone and another gal picked me out as a fellow cons. and said want to say we are traveling together... I said yes and saved a few bucks on my ride.

you always can pick out PC er's
Last yr I flew alone- and saw some gals and asked what hotel
they were going to it was mine- THen I asked how they were getting there-
they had arranged a LIMO!

So I tagged along and for like $15 got a limo ride!

I was going to take it, but taking the "L" orange line to the Hilton is much cheaper and not a lot of walking. I am actually staying at the Sheraton, but I'm taking the orange line to the Hilton and then taking the PC shuttle to McCormick Place, THEN taking the PC shuttle back to the Sheraton when I am done there. :) I am flying into Midway about the same time if you want to meet up & do the orange line together. :)

cookingwithdot said:
I was going to take it, but taking the "L" orange line to the Hilton is much cheaper and not a lot of walking. I am actually staying at the Sheraton, but I'm taking the orange line to the Hilton and then taking the PC shuttle to McCormick Place, THEN taking the PC shuttle back to the Sheraton when I am done there. :) I am flying into Midway about the same time if you want to meet up & do the orange line together. :)

Yes, yes, yes! I am all about cheaper! I will be dropping my bags at Hilton and then going over to McCormick.
Definitely want to meet up and do the "L" together!!
Thanks,
Debbie
[email protected]

cookingwithdot said:

Dottie,

How was the walking when pulling your luggage to the Hilton? Me and another consultant fly into Midway at like 12:45 on Monday and were tossing around doing the train or the shuttle. We've never taken the train before and were hesitant because of having our luggage (and having never done it!).

Thanks,
Karen

Karen,

It totaly depends on the size of the luggage you are taking.
The first year i went i took the L from midway and i stayed at the Palmer house hilton. It was within the same block for the station to walk. I had a large rolling suitcase.
Last year i stayed close to the sheraton and arrived to ohare so i took the train and a bus connection to get to my hotel. This time i had a tiny 20 inch suitcase, if i had to i could have run with it easily.
This year we are arriving to midway and taking the L to downtown then just catch a bus to get to the upper part of Michigan ave to go to our hotel. This time i am going to take a 24 inch carry on size suitcase and a backpack.

So if you travel light with a small suitcase then it will be easy to get on and off the L and get around curbs and staircases.
I am cheap and do not want to spend the extra cost for the shuttle, also i like the easyness of the L, also i like that i do not have to sit in traffic.

It may help that i grew up in a city with public transportation, also i lived in London for 2 years where i used the underground all the time and also in NYC. For me it is really convenient, but i understand that for some it might not be.

Karen,
Ride the "L" with us! :) Debbie and I have it all set up and planned to meet. I've been to Chicago and rode the "L" last time - very easy & convenient. It's totally safe and during the day. Plus "safety in numbers". ;) I am going to try and get everything packed, so it will be easy to transport. I am only staying 4 days and since it's summer, clothes are smaller & need less space. I want to only take one bag (rolling) and a backpack for a carry on. I am pretty frugal and don't want to pay for the shuttle. :) I would rather buy something to take home to my daughter. I am scheduled to arrive at 1pm on Southwest Airlines. Debbie is arriving at 1:30. We're heading to the Hilton, then jumping on the PC shuttle to McCormick. :) Let me know if you two want to join us. :)

Hi Dot! This actually sounds like fun (as long as we are with someone who as done it before) and we like to save money also. :) I will be talking to my consultant today and will confirm everything with her, but she is very laid back and likes to have fun too, so I'm sure she'll be up for anything.

After planning my outfits this weekend, I'm also pretty sure that I will just be packing one bag and the laptop bag from Merrill as my carry-on so it won't be like I have a ton of luggage!

Our flight gets into Midway at 12:45 on Southwest as well. I will get back to you hopefully later today.

Once we arrive at the Hilton we will probably check into our room and then head over to McCormick Place.

When taking the train make sure...sure you have exact change...the machine does not give change

nancycookspc said:
When taking the train make sure...sure you have exact change...the machine does not give change

Do you mean coin change? How much is it? $2?

I think it takes bills- not sure but I know if you only have a $20 you are outta luck

its only a couple of bucks-

nancycookspc said:
I think it takes bills- not sure but I know if you only have a $20 you are outta luck

its only a couple of bucks-

Good to know, Nancy! Thanks for the 'heads-up'!

Can someone tell me the address for the Hilton, for the official Conference hotel?
I looked on CC but the name is (i believe) is mixed up and doesn't come up on google or the hilton's site. So i am assuming i can identify it by the address.

2 years ago it was the palmer house hilton, this was within the same block along the L. But i think the Hilton PC using this year is on Michigan avenue which isw at least 2 blocks walking distance from the L.

I am staying in a different hotel but on the last day right after the conference i will take the hilton shouttle, because that is the closest to the L. Then we have to walk to the station and i want to plan the trip ahead so i will be at my plane on time at 3 pm. It will be a close call, so i know i have to plan ahead.

Thank you for the help,

Zsuzsanna

Zsu said:
Can someone tell me the address for the Hilton, for the official Conference hotel?
I looked on CC but the name is (i believe) is mixed up and doesn't come up on google or the hilton's site. So i am assuming i can identify it by the address.

2 years ago it was the palmer house hilton, this was within the same block along the L. But i think the Hilton PC using this year is on Michigan avenue which isw at least 2 blocks walking distance from the L.

I am staying in a different hotel but on the last day right after the conference i will take the hilton shouttle, because that is the closest to the L. Then we have to walk to the station and i want to plan the trip ahead so i will be at my plane on time at 3 pm. It will be a close call, so i know i have to plan ahead.

Thank you for the help,

Zsuzsanna

Hilton Chicago
720 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, United States 60605

Tel: 1-312-922-4400 Fax: 1-312-922-5240

OK Deb & Dottie,

Kristen and I are tagging along with you. :) I will PM each of you our flight information and cell phone information. I'm not sure what I will be wearing yet, but I will let you know before Monday! Can't wait. New adventures are alway fun!

Karen

Cool! Looking forward to meeting you! ;)

Thank you Debbie :D

Karen said:
OK Deb & Dottie,

Kristen and I are tagging along with you. :) I will PM each of you our flight information and cell phone information. I'm not sure what I will be wearing yet, but I will let you know before Monday! Can't wait. New adventures are alway fun!

Karen

Great! I am so glad you gals don't mind waiting til I get there. Looks like mine is the later flight of all of us.
I'm looking forward to the 'adventure' - it will be fun!

1. What is the cost for airport transportation from Midway to Hilton Chicago?

The cost for airport transportation from Midway to Hilton Chicago will vary depending on the size of the group. However, Pampered Chef offers discounted group rates for this service.

2. How many people can the airport transportation accommodate?

The airport transportation can accommodate groups of up to 12 people at a time. If your group is larger than 12, please contact us for further accommodations.

3. How do I make a reservation for airport transportation?

You can make a reservation for airport transportation by contacting our customer service team or by filling out our online reservation form. Please provide your group size, flight information, and desired pick-up and drop-off times.

4. Is the airport transportation available 24/7?

Yes, the airport transportation service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We understand that flight times can vary and we want to ensure that you have reliable transportation to and from the airport.

5. Can the airport transportation accommodate any special requests?

Yes, we are happy to accommodate any special requests such as car seats for children or handicap accessibility. Please let us know in advance so we can make the necessary arrangements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • ragschef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U