• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Conference: Need Traveling Advice!

In summary, the conversation is about a person's first time attending a conference and their concerns about checking in and traveling to the conference center with their luggage. They also express their stress about traveling alone. Other attendees offer advice and reassurance.
ldynred7
Hello everyone..

this is my first year coming to conference and my director isn't answering my questions so I thought I would ask my friends here!

I am flying in on Thurs morning should get to Chicago about 11 do I take my luggage to my hotel and then head to the conference or do I go to the conference center with my luggage and check in after Thursdays events? I am staying with my director she will be getting to Chicago on Wed so i am not sure how I even check in since everything is in her name. I am so stressed!!

I am not good about traveling on my own to places I haven't been to before, i always seem to get lost or over stressed. :yuck:

Thanks.

ldynred7 said:
Hello everyone..

this is my first year coming to conference and my director isn't answering my questions so I thought I would ask my friends here!

I am flying in on Thurs morning should get to Chicago about 11 do I take my luggage to my hotel and then head to the conference or do I go to the conference center with my luggage and check in after Thursdays events? I am staying with my director she will be getting to Chicago on Wed so i am not sure how I even check in since everything is in her name. I am so stressed!!

I am not good about traveling on my own to places I haven't been to before, i always seem to get lost or over stressed. :yuck:

Thanks.

How much luggage are you going to have?

If it's just a carry-on, then I would take it with you to the McCormick Center, but if you have more luggage than that, I would go to the hotel first, and in the interest of time, have the hotel hold your luggage for you til that evening until you can really check in, grab a Conference Shuttle over to the McCormick (they run every 15 minutes) and register. It's a very simple process to register for conference, and you'll have all the rest of the info you need for the time if you do that.

Of course, this is just my opinion of what you should do - I'm sure others may have a different point of view. ;)

If you are in a conference hotel, they should have your name associated with the room. ;)

Sheila said:
If you are in a conference hotel, they should have your name associated with the room. ;)

In a perfect world this would be the case.

However, been there, done that, too many times to believe that it will definitely work out that way. :D Experient's booking of the hotel rooms for us has been less than stellar - and if she gets caught in the process, it could take a while to check in.

ChefBeckyD said:
In a perfect world this would be the case.

However, been there, done that, too many times to believe that it will definitely work out that way. :D Experient's booking of the hotel rooms for us has been less than stellar - and if she gets caught in the process, it could take a while to check in.

I agree. And I agree that she should drop her bags at her hotel with a bell hop then jump on a shuttle. That way you aren't having to deal with them at the conference center too.

OP: Don't stress. It will all work out! Congrats on making the investment in your business and stepping out of your comfort zone!

I am coming in Thurs morning and dropping my bag off at the Hilton (can't check in until 3) and then heading over to McCormick. It is my first time at conference, and I have no idea what I am doing!

This is my first conference too, and I'm pretty much on my own. I'm hoping that someone will take me under their wing. LOL

PLease do not hesitate to approach & ask. If I knew where to find you - you are more than welcome to hang with us. You will find most cheffers very personable - however in my 3 years, I have stumbled across some that caused my eyebrows to rise!!LOLOLL:D

I have also found most cheffers to be really helpful.

DebinCincy said:
I am coming in Thurs morning and dropping my bag off at the Hilton (can't check in until 3) and then heading over to McCormick. It is my first time at conference, and I have no idea what I am doing!

A lot of times you can check in earlier!

I will ask when I drop off my bag and see if my room is ready. Otherwise I want to head over to conference and get checked in. I am hoping I can find my upline. She is going on Wednesday with her husband. I am the only person on her team going.

my cluster will be wearig bright pink (almost purplish) t-shirts on Thursday. If you find some of us, we're a friendly bunch.

1. How far in advance should I book my flight and hotel for Conference?

It is recommended to book your flight and hotel at least 1-2 months in advance to ensure availability and get the best deals. However, if you are planning to attend Conference during peak season, it is advisable to book even earlier.

2. Is there a designated hotel for Conference attendees?

Yes, we have partnered with a hotel near the conference venue to offer discounted rates for attendees. You can find more information about the designated hotel on our website or in the conference registration materials.

3. What is the best mode of transportation from the airport to the conference venue?

The easiest and most convenient way to get from the airport to the conference venue is by booking a shuttle service or taking a taxi. However, if you are looking for a more affordable option, you can also take public transportation such as a bus or train.

4. Are there any networking events or group activities planned during Conference?

Yes, there will be various networking events and group activities planned throughout the conference. These will be listed in the conference schedule and you can also find more information on our website or through the conference app.

5. Is there a dress code for Conference?

The dress code for Conference is business casual. However, please keep in mind that you may be walking and standing for long periods, so it is recommended to wear comfortable shoes. Also, make sure to check the weather forecast for the conference location and pack accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
gaddischef
Replies
Views
ChefShalon
Replies
Views