• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explore Chicago with Me: Join me for a Fun-Filled Pre-Conference Adventure!

pretty much half price! So, if it's just the one museum you want to visit, it's not worth it to buy the CityPass, but if you plan on visiting multiple places with it, it's definitely worth it!
ChefShalon
Gold Member
Hey all I am going to be staying at the chicago loop hotel and will be there two days befor conference starts and I am looking for people who will be there earlier to who would like to do things with me.. I am wanting to do the following things, Visit the zoo, The shedd aquaium, the field museum, skydeck, millenium park, navy pier. I do have some cluster people with me but they are going to a concert the first day so looking for people to join me to any of these attractions. :) I dont want to travel chicago alone as it wouldnt be too safe.

ChefShalon said:
Hey all I am going to be staying at the chicago loop hotel and will be there two days befor conference starts and I am looking for people who will be there earlier to who would like to do things with me.. I am wanting to do the following things, Visit the zoo, The shedd aquaium, the field museum, skydeck, millenium park, navy pier. I do have some cluster people with me but they are going to a concert the first day so looking for people to join me to any of these attractions. :) I dont want to travel chicago alone as it wouldnt be too safe.

Not going early but if you are going to all those places check out the CityPass for chicago. Will save you some money. Chicago CityPASS | Visit 5 Chicago attractions for just $76.00 per pass, a $150.62 value!

I might not see all over it just some of it that id like to see :) but yes thanks for that i will look into the citypass.

I may be interested. Were you able to secure affordable lodging? Where?

I'd like to see the Art museum, the skydeck, and aquarium for sure. I also want to try the Russian Tea House and this neat tapas bar I discovered my 1st year. If you don't mind a loopy gal along, maybe we can do a couple together.

Shedd is an AWESOME aquarium. I grew up 3hrs outside of Chicago and I have yet to go to an aquarium anywhere near the caliber of Shedd. By the Citypass whether you think you'll go everywhere or not because if you go to two places, you've saved money. You also get to walk right in to some places if you have the Citypass.

Krista Burson said:
Shedd is an AWESOME aquarium. I grew up 3hrs outside of Chicago and I have yet to go to an aquarium anywhere near the caliber of Shedd. By the Citypass whether you think you'll go everywhere or not because if you go to two places, you've saved money. You also get to walk right in to some places if you have the Citypass.

Quick question on the aquarium - is it worth it to get the $35 entry fee or can I get a great experience with just the $8 entry fee? I know it leaves out two places just trying to figure out if I want to spend a little money or a lot of money.

Also last year when we went to Chicago one of the days we got into the Field Museum for free. Check out online it's a certain day every month. I don't think it was overly crowded for a free day and totally worth it for free!

Quick tip on some of the museum/aquariums - especially if you have a family or visit them frequently in various places.....if you have a membership at your home museums or aquariums/zoos, you can usually get into the places in Chicago (or around the country) for free or Discount.So for us, last year, I had a Family Membership for our state Aquarium which allows me to get into our zoo and aquariums for free. When we travel around the country, we can get into other zoos usually 1/2 price, and other aquariums either free or discounted. My family was able to visit Shedd's for free because of our membership. It cost me $56 here at home. This is a good option for those with families especially, or if you visit your own Aquarium/Zoos, or travel alot to other places. If it's just a one time deal, not worth a membership, but I know alot of you have families....so check it out! They are good for a year!And I bought a Family Membership to Field Museum every year. Last year, I did it with Adler Planetarium, because that is where my DH wanted to go. That membership in Chicago then allows me to go to museums around the country (and in my home state) for free or discount. Again, for US, it pays for itself 10x over. NOTE though: If you buy a membership to a museum, it is NOT going to work for any other place within 90 miles of that "home base". So if you buy a Field Museum membership, it ONLY works for Field Museum in Chicago, it won't include any other area museums. So if you have a museum at HOME you visit, buy your membership through THEM and you can visit several Chicago Museums. AND BE SURE to check the Membership benefits file to see which museums/zoos/aquariums apply a discount. Not every place is included, but in my 5+ years doing this trick, I've not found many that don't.

Here's a little tip about the aquarium... We went on vacation to Chi town last year. Hotel staff told us that aquarium didn't open til 9. We were headed there at 8. We went anyway and figured we could just look around outside. We got there - no line and we were able to do the first part while waiting. They have a bunch of different water life from around the world that you can check out before the opening. Then while everyone that's still waiting for tickets is checking out that part, you're already in the aquarium without the crowd. Maybe not such a big deal on your own but definitely a plus with 3 small kids. Plus, if we were one of the first 100 people in, we got upgraded tickets for free. Definitely worth it since we were already up and going. We were done with the full aquarium and all of the shows by 1130. By that time, the line was from the ticket table inside, wrapped around and out to the road.

Really wishing I'd have planned to be in Chicago longer now! LOL

Yea I have looked into citypass but I looked and if i just do basic addmisson for them it is less than citypass.. And I plan on speading one whole day at the field it is a huge place.

And Laurie heres my email [email protected] so when can chat about it and maybe exchange phone numbers im trying to get a group of maybe 4-5 to go with. Im staying at the chicago south loop hotel... Its a great location and prize now i didnt choose this are cluster did so we are all staying there. Its aout $120 a night and FREE PARKING!! which is huge for chicago as the most cost around $30 a day.

What is "Explore Chicago with Me!"?

"Explore Chicago with Me!" is a virtual cooking and sightseeing experience offered by Pampered Chef. It combines the love of cooking with the opportunity to learn about the rich history and culture of Chicago.

How does "Explore Chicago with Me!" work?

Participants will receive a virtual cooking class led by a Pampered Chef consultant who will guide them through creating a delicious Chicago-inspired dish. During the class, they will also learn about the city's landmarks, history, and fun facts.

What dishes will be featured in "Explore Chicago with Me!"?

The dishes featured will vary, but they will all be inspired by Chicago's iconic foods. Some examples include deep dish pizza, Italian beef sandwiches, and Chicago-style hot dogs.

Do I need any special equipment or ingredients for "Explore Chicago with Me!"?

We recommend having basic cooking equipment such as pots, pans, and utensils. As for ingredients, a list will be provided prior to the class. We also offer ingredient kits that can be purchased separately for your convenience.

Can I participate in "Explore Chicago with Me!" if I don't live in Chicago?

Absolutely! "Explore Chicago with Me!" is open to anyone, regardless of location. It's a great way to learn about the city and its cuisine from the comfort of your own home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
agw
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
ChefLAM
  • andrealynne719
  • General Chat