• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Chicago: President's Reception and General Session Activities

In summary, the President's reception is an invitation only event and the workshops are separate from this. There are booths during general sessions that you can go look at, and there are also workshops between general sessions. There is time for sight-seeing in between sessions, but it is not very much. The King Tut exhibit is only going to be at one more U.S. city and there is money being raised for the museum in Egypt. There is time to do all this while in Chicago, and the ferris wheel at Navy Pier is wonderful.
samcmills
Sorry for all the newbie questions. I am trying to plan my trip, fitting in the other places I want to visit in case I never get back to Chicago (Sears Tower, Navy Pier, Field Museum).

So I was wondering what is the President's reception, what goes on, etc.

On the general sessions, is there anything you do other than go to the workshops?

Thanks
Susan

President's reception is an invitation only event and I believe it's for upper level directors or award recipients or something like that.

During general sessions, we're all in the HUGE auditorium/theater. The workshops are separate from this. So, the first day there are a couple workshops, then there's some downtime (people might to back to the hotels in between) from 4:15-7:30 pm until the general session starts. Dinner is on your own, so this is a time when some people may go grab dinner somewhere.

There are booths that you can go look at during some of the downtime too like VIP, Merrill and any other vendors.

Just post any other questions you have! I'm sure you'll get lots of responses!:)

My group found last year that there really isn't much time for sight-seeing in between sessions. That's why this year we are going a day early so we can do some extra things. We're thinking of going to the Shedd Aquarium & doing a dinner cruise Sunday nite.
I know what you mean! I'm from a very small town, so going to Chicago is exciting, & I can't wait to do a couple extra things:D Conference is awesome, but there's so much else to do too!

We are arriving at noon Sunday. I am planning what we are going to be doing already and if my friend doesn't want to join me I will be going by myself. I am not passing up the opportunity to explore Chicago, may not get to go back.

One big thing is the Field Museum, they have a King Tut exhibit that probably won't be back in the U.S. ever. It has been to two other cities and I believe only going to one more U.S. city before going to London and then back to Egypt. They are raising money on this tour (last one in the U.S. was 30 years ago) for the museum in Egypt to house the artifacts. This is a once in a lifetime kind of thing and I am going. They also have Sue the dinosaur.

I also want to go to Navy Pier and ride the huge ferris wheel. Go to Sears Tower or the other tall building and go to the Magnificent Mile for some shopping.

We have a big block of time Sunday, Monday after 5:15, Tuesday a.m. until 2:15 and then after 5:15 and Wed after 10:15, to do all this. I plan on purchasing a CTA five day pass at the airport and using the trains/buses to do all my exploring.

I also want to get some Chicago pizza so if anyone knows a really good place I would love to hear suggestions, also if there is anything else in Chicago that must be done let's hear that too.

Hi all!

Last year the cab driver suggested drinks at the bar close to the top of the Han**** building because riding to the top of either the Han**** building or the Sears Towers cost about the same as the drink and you get to sit and gaze out. The scene was quite beautiful!

As far as pizza, we have always gone to Gino's East, but this year we are going to Giordano's. A friend of mine who lived in Chicago recommended it and the concierge at the Palmer House also recommended it when my Director called a couple of weeks ago. Both of these restaurants have websites so check them out before you go. One word of caution, do not go for Chicago pizza if you are in a rush. It takes quite a bit of time to get it, but it is very good!

One final note, the ferris wheel at Navy Pier is wonderful. My Director and I brought our daughters to Chicago one winter and rode it. That was the first time I have every been on a ferris wheel and I absolutely loved it.

Edit: I did not leave out the letters on the building, the site did that for me. Hopefully you know to which building I referred.

ChefLisa said:
Edit: I did not leave out the letters on the building, the site did that for me. Hopefully you know to which building I referred.

Which I think is ridiculous. It took me quite some time to figure out what people were talking about. I understand REALLY foul language, but c'mon, I don't know what the heck people are talking about, especially when they're talking about places that I'm not familiar with.

Pizza at Uno's (Pizzeria Uno) is really good too. Yum!!!:)

Also, try to go to Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park, after dark- BEAUTIFUL !!!!!

mrssyvo said:
Also, try to go to Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park, after dark- BEAUTIFUL !!!!!

What is this?

d'oh!

I didn't see this one when I posted my own thread. *smacks forehead*

What is the President's Reception?

The President's Reception is an annual event organized by Pampered Chef to recognize and celebrate the achievements of top-performing consultants and leaders within the company.

How can I qualify for the President's Reception?

To qualify for the President's Reception, you must meet certain sales and recruiting goals set by Pampered Chef. These goals can vary from year to year, so it is important to stay up-to-date with the current qualifications.

Where and when is the President's Reception held?

The location and date of the President's Reception can vary from year to year. Typically, it is held at a luxurious venue in a popular travel destination. The exact details are announced closer to the event date.

What happens at the President's Reception?

The President's Reception is a fun and exciting event filled with recognition, awards, and plenty of opportunities to network and connect with other successful consultants and leaders. There are also training sessions and workshops to help you grow your business.

What should I wear to the President's Reception?

The dress code for the President's Reception is typically formal or semi-formal. You can also choose to wear something that represents the Pampered Chef brand, such as a branded shirt or apron. Be sure to check the event details for any specific dress code requirements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefShalon
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
samcmills