• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Newbie Advice: Overcoming Nerves and Traveling with a Baby

In summary, Lisa is undecided about whether or not she will attend the conference. She is thinking about whether or not she will be able to afford to go, and whether or not she will be able to leave her baby with a family member.
buckeyefan08
I want to go to conference really bad but I'm nervous! My son will only be a few months old and I think I'm trying to talk myself into driving. I have a mini-van so four of us could comfortably fit with lots of room for our stuff. Splitting it four ways the cost wouldn't be so bad. But then again if something happens at home it's not like I can just leave the others in Chicago!
What is your advice for a conference newbie?

I haven't gone but know the fear of leaving your little one at home! If something happened at home you could always leave the van with the others and fly back... you will want to get there quickly anyway and that would solve both problems.

Hope you have fun if you decide to do it!

or you could bring a baby sitter along with you and then you wouldn't have to worry! she could watch him while you are out at the conference then when you come back to the hotel room you could take over! Just a thought!

ameliasurf said:
or you could bring a baby sitter along with you and then you wouldn't have to worry! she could watch him while you are out at the conference then when you come back to the hotel room you could take over! Just a thought!
This is what my director did 2 years ago. Actually, another woman in our cluster brought her 16 yr old daughter, and my director brought her 10 yr old, and her 1 yr old - and they hung out together at the pool and around the hotel during the day while we were in meetings. It worked out well.

DH is willing to go but I don't think he understands how much I'll be gone. If I'm going to pay all the money to go I want to get the full experience.

I was talking to a friend last night and I think I've come to the conclusion it's to soon after having the baby. Maybe I'll send some money with my recruiter for the mystery boxes. That might give me something to look forward to!:cry: :eek:

buckeyefan08 said:
DH is willing to go but I don't think he understands how much I'll be gone. If I'm going to pay all the money to go I want to get the full experience.

I was talking to a friend last night and I think I've come to the conclusion it's to soon after having the baby. Maybe I'll send some money with my recruiter for the mystery boxes. That might give me something to look forward to!:cry: :eek:

Could you leave the baby with Grandma or an Aunt? This is my first year going but I hear it is wonderful. I know the baby is young, but maybe you will need a little break by then? ;)

When I went to my first conference, DS was just 5 months old. It's all really how you look at it. If you think you'll be too nervous to enjoy/get anything out of being there, then it's not worth it & it will be a waste of money. If you can put that aside long enough to go to your classes & not be distracted, then go.

Crystal I think you hit the nail on the head! I'm thinking regional may be better for me this year.

OH! I don't want to be the cause of you NOT going to conference if you want to go! :) Just take a look inside. You're going to know yourself better than any of us.

I did go when Sam was just 5 months old. When I got back from conference, my business took off. I was really excited about everything. I wanted to be there though. I started recruiting (2 in August) & my sales were very consistent. That's just my scenario though.

You have to do what's right for you, your family & your PC business. Good luck & God Bless!

No it's not that you "talked me out of it" I just think you were able to put into words what I couldn't!:)

Lisa, my clustermate is going (and taking her baby and her parents.)I am not 100 percent sure.I've given a small amount of thought to going to regional but (yawn!) not sure I want to leave early enough to get to Pittsburgh by 8 ... I would rather go to NC but honestly am not sure if I'll have the cash ...If I go to Pittsburgh, maybe we could carpool?

Di_Can_Cook said:
Lisa, my clustermate is going (and taking her baby and her parents.)

I am not 100 percent sure.

I've given a small amount of thought to going to regional but (yawn!) not sure I want to leave early enough to get to Pittsburgh by 8 ... I would rather go to NC but honestly am not sure if I'll have the cash ...

If I go to Pittsburgh, maybe we could carpool?
Definetly! I'm not sure if my recruiter is going, I think one girl on our team wants to go but she's not sure. I just don't want to drive alone, it will be boring!:D
As far as conference goes, DH will go so I can have the kids with me but that is going to make things even more expensive. I'm just going to go to Pitt. and be happy with that! (I do want to send money with a clustermate for the mystery boxes though!:D ) It will be fun and I won't be an emotional mess, Regional is my happy medium!

Lisa, I'm sorry ... I chose national over regional!Another clustermate's DH is going ... so if you change your mind, he won't be the only husband there!And the clustermate who is taking her baby and going with her parents is giving them the evenings off to visit family ... so she'll be staying in her hotel room. So that's where we'll be partying!

Related to Conference Newbie Advice: Overcoming Nerves and Traveling with a Baby

1. How can I prepare for a conference with a baby?

Preparing for a conference with a baby can be overwhelming, but there are a few things you can do to make the experience smoother. Start by researching the conference venue and finding out if they have any amenities for parents, such as a nursing room or childcare services. Pack a well-stocked diaper bag with all the essentials, including extra diapers, wipes, and snacks. It's also a good idea to bring a stroller or carrier to make navigating the conference easier.

2. How can I overcome nerves about attending a conference with a baby?

Attending a conference with a baby can be intimidating, especially if it's your first time. One way to overcome nerves is to reach out to other attendees who are also bringing their babies. You can connect with them on social media or through the conference's networking platform. It's also helpful to remind yourself that most people at the conference will be understanding and supportive of parents bringing their babies.

3. What should I pack for my baby when traveling to a conference?

When traveling to a conference with a baby, it's important to pack all the essentials. This includes diapers, wipes, extra clothes, a blanket, and any necessary medication. You should also pack some toys or books to keep your baby entertained during the conference. It's also a good idea to bring a portable high chair or booster seat if your baby is eating solid foods.

4. Are there any tips for managing a baby's schedule during a conference?

Managing a baby's schedule during a conference can be challenging, but there are a few tips that can help. First, try to stick to your baby's regular routine as much as possible. This means keeping nap and feeding times consistent. It's also a good idea to plan breaks throughout the day to give your baby some quiet time. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask for help from other attendees or conference staff if you need it.

5. How can I network and attend sessions with a baby at a conference?

Networking and attending sessions with a baby may seem daunting, but it's definitely doable. When attending sessions, try to sit near the back so you can easily step out if your baby becomes fussy. During networking events, consider bringing a baby carrier or stroller to make it easier to mingle while still keeping your baby close. You can also schedule one-on-one meetings with other attendees during quieter times to avoid overwhelming your baby.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ivykeep
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ivykeep
Replies