• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose Commuting in ....... Help!!!!!

In summary, Becky is trying to plan for clothes for her upcoming business casual and evening events at her first conference. She is worried about how to bring evening clothes with her when she is taking the Metra in and then a cab to McCormick Place. She decides to just wear a skirt, top, and sandals to work and see what
mrssyvo
I am going a bit crazy here- I am leaving for a girl's weekend tomorrow bright and early,and will not return until Sunday evening, to a house full of cluster mates staying at my home for the conference, so I am trying to clean, and pack for the weekend, AND plan for conference (not counting making sure hubby will have what he needs while I am gone) The dilema I have is trying to plan for clothes for conference. I know that it is business casual for during the day, and somewhat dressy for evenings, but how do I plan to bring evening clothes, when I am taking the Metra in, and then cab to McCormick Place- I do not want to haul a suitcase- HELP!!!

This is my first conference but from everything I've been reading on the board, the dinners aren't all that dressy (except perhaps the Director's event), so what about just wearing a skirt, top and sandals and maybe bring a shawl or something like that to dress it up for the evening?

I just use a small carry on suitcase. Most hotels have an iron and iron board if worse comes to worse. A little suitcase really isn't that hard to drag around in cabs and on the train, etc.

Have fun for your girls' weekend!!:)

Thanks Becky- I would not have planned this weekend to go away, if it was up to me. It is a surprise getaway for my best friend, who is turning 50. We had planned to do it in August, but something came up with her sisters schedules, and the only weekend that worked was this weekend. I hope she does not have a heart attack when we go into her office Friday afternoon, blowing whistles, ect, and wheel her out in a wheel chair. I am really looking forward to meeting you all on Monday.

Sounds like fun! I look forward to meeting you!

Could you find a cluster mate who is staying in one of the hotels and kind of base out of her room - ie. leave your bag there, use the bathroom to freshen up, etc.?

1. How can I make my daily commute more enjoyable?

There are a few ways to make your daily commute more enjoyable. One option is to listen to music or audiobooks during your commute. You can also try carpooling with coworkers or taking public transportation to have some company. Another option is to find a scenic route to your destination to make your commute more pleasant.

2. What are some healthy snacks I can bring on my commute?

Some healthy snack options for your commute include fresh fruit, nuts, granola bars, and veggie sticks. These snacks are easy to pack and can help keep you energized throughout your commute.

3. How can I save money on my daily commute?

One way to save money on your daily commute is to carpool with coworkers or take public transportation instead of driving alone. You can also look into any available discounts or deals for your mode of transportation, such as a monthly bus pass or gas rewards program.

4. What are the best ways to stay organized while commuting?

To stay organized during your commute, try using a planner or calendar to keep track of your schedule and appointments. You can also use a backpack or tote bag to keep all your necessary items, such as work documents or a laptop, in one place.

5. How can I use my commute time productively?

There are many ways to use your commute time productively. You can catch up on emails or work tasks, listen to educational podcasts or audiobooks, or plan out your day. If you take public transportation, you can also use the time to meditate, read a book, or learn a new language on a language-learning app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• natural
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrsbettyboop0000
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • vogee13