• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anniversary - While Away - What Should I Do?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a woman seeking ideas for something special to do for her husband while she is away on a business trip during their anniversary. Suggestions include leaving notes for him to find, planning a special night before she leaves, surprising him with a gift or experience when she returns, and mailing him a "slinky" item to wear upon her return. Some more risqué ideas are also mentioned, including serving dinner in the nude. The conversation ends with the woman thanking everyone for their suggestions and asking for more ideas.
klstaz
Gold Member
Help!! I need ideas.

This is my first time going to conference and my hubby is being very supportive...but even though he isn't saying it I can tell he is a little upset/bummed because I will be gone for our anniversary. I am trying to think of something special that I can do for him while I am gone. I want to leave him something to open on our anniversary that shows him I really appreciate him and all he has done to help me with my buisness. Any ideas would help.

Thanks!

Wow- I will have to think on that one, but if it helps, my DH missed every major holiday, birthday and anniversary for the first 3+ years we were married because he traveled so much with the Air Force.

Good thing we got married on Leap Day! :)

I would mail him a card every day you are gone, and/or hide cards and notes throughout the house telling him you love him and are thinking of him.

Plan a special night before you go and celebrate it then... one year I did that for DH and we ate picnic style on the floor- it was memorable.

Call him the morning of and sing "happy anniversary" to him...

promise him a massage when you get back?

I'll let you know if any other ideas pop up.

Notes in areas that he frequents regularly - attached to the shaving cream - in his underwear draw - in the refridgerator attached to the milk - send a letter in the mail the day you leave - have a friend deliver his fav dinner you cook for you - gift certificate for a night out when you come home - call his BFF and arrange a night out with the boys....... OH I could go on and on - tickets to a ball game on the night you are out - buy a nice undergarment and promise a "present" when you return.....

Ya think I do stuff occasionally????:blushing: ;)

Love That KASEY - girl we are # 5's!!!!! LOL

even if she did beat me to the post!!!! LOL

PamperedDor said:
Notes in areas that he frequents regularly - attached to the shaving cream - in his underwear draw - in the refridgerator attached to the milk - send a letter in the mail the day you leave - have a friend deliver his fav dinner you cook for you - gift certificate for a night out when you come home - call his BFF and arrange a night out with the boys....... OH I could go on and on - tickets to a ball game on the night you are out - buy a nice undergarment and promise a "present" when you return.....

Ya think I do stuff occasionally????:blushing: ;)
I mailed DH a little something slinky and promised I'd wear it when he got home. Note to self- mail it closer to the day they get back, not right when they leave...then they just suffer for days on end! :)

PamperedDor said:
even if she did beat me to the post!!!! LOL
I was trying to keep it PG- since I have a few other fun ideas that are more "marital" if ya know what I mean! :) LOL

FIVE's rule!

ahhh a little suffering aint so bad!!! LOL - oh golly KG is gonna pipe in!!! LOL

PamperedDor said:
ahhh a little suffering aint so bad!!! LOL - oh golly KG is gonna pipe in!!! LOL
Shhh, don't wake him! ;)

ohh sure - NOW your PG!!!!!

Oh 5's Rock honey - we totally rock!!!!!!!

tip toe thru the postings - got it! stupid 30 second rule!

End of highjack - hmm what was the thread about??? LOL!

What she could do for her DH since she's missing their anniversary.

How about a bubble bath? Warm oil massage?

"I mailed DH a little something slinky and promised I'd wear it when he got home"

I love that idea....that is great and he would be in shock and very surprised!! Thanks for the great ideas. If you think of anything else that would be great.

klstaz said:
"I mailed DH a little something slinky and promised I'd wear it when he got home"

I love that idea....that is great and he would be in shock and very surprised!! Thanks for the great ideas. If you think of anything else that would be great.

one time I served DH supper in the nude. We had corndogs and macaroni and cheese- it was back when we were poor and just married.
And, well I'll let you figure out what was for dessert.

I'd mail DH something now to spice up the marriage, but it would take up a box not an envelope! LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
one time I served DH supper in the nude. We had corndogs and macaroni and cheese- it was back when we were poor and just married.

I'd mail DH something now to spice up the marriage, but it would take up a box not an envelope! LOL

If I did that, DH wouldn't be able to make it through dinner!

Kitchen Diva said:

You are too funny!!!

What about arranging dinner ressies when you come home as well -

Little notes go a long way - under his pillow, at work,

I made sure that I called first in the morning (well - to check on the kids as well ) and last at night - text between workshops,

How about a bottle of champagne, some chocolates and nice nighty - bring it home (well what you can) from conference and play your wedding song...

katie0128 said:
If I did that, DH wouldn't be able to make it through dinner!

Oh, from all the laughter?

Sorry- you walked RIGHT into that one-I had to...it's a 5 thing baby

(you know I love you!)

klstaz said:
Help!! I need ideas.

This is my first time going to conference and my hubby is being very supportive...but even though he isn't saying it I can tell he is a little upset/bummed because I will be gone for our anniversary. I am trying to think of something special that I can do for him while I am gone. I want to leave him something to open on our anniversary that shows him I really appreciate him and all he has done to help me with my buisness. Any ideas would help.

Thanks!

Our anniversary was the day after conference ended last year, so hubby came with! Would he be willing to go? Don't know if this has been asked - I didn't read through all of the posts, but we did this last year and although we can't attend NC this year, he can't wait to go next year! He loved it!

Kitchen Diva said:
Oh, from all the laughter?

Sorry- you walked RIGHT into that one-I had to...it's a 5 thing baby

(you know I love you!)

Ya because YOU KNOW WE ROCK!!!

Ok - lets put it in our siggys - cause we are the coolest!!! LOL!

PamperedDor said:
Ya because YOU KNOW WE ROCK!!!

Ok - lets put it in our siggys - cause we are the coolest!!! LOL!
okay...sounds good!

something from chicago--garret popcorn==to be delivered when you are gone--

With the cards..send him on a scavenger hunt for the next card!

Nothing says love like a flat screen TV!!! My husband would be in pig heaven if I left and one of those was delivered!!! He probably wouldn't even notice I was gone.

Here's an idea, how about this year you celebrate on July X (pick a date)? Leave him a note saying you've arrange for an anniversary celebration on the date. Turn it into a mystery date sort of thing. Plan something that you know he would like and off you go. Don't get all wrapped up on missing the "actual" date, every day can be your anniversary. Have fun.

Have you ever sent him flowers? Most men have never received flowers -- just one more way to let him know you are thinking of him.

DH and I leave notes for each other (under the pillow, in the cabinet where the coffee is, tucked all over in a suitcase). It's a nice touch.

chefjeanine said:
Have you ever sent him flowers? Most men have never received flowers -- just one more way to let him know you are thinking of him.

DH and I leave notes for each other (under the pillow, in the cabinet where the coffee is, tucked all over in a suitcase). It's a nice touch.
I sent DH flowers once. My advice is never send flowers to your DH at work when he works for the Air Force and there are nothing but macho manly men in the office who will tease your poor DH for weeks on end.

They left him chocolates on his desk the next day, and kept calling him snookums... I learned my lesson. If DH is in the military- skip the flowers! :) LOL!!

I sent my DH flowers once when we were dating. He didn't know he was supposed to put water in them (they were delivered in a small container in florist foam). They dried perfectly and he still had them at the end of the semester. :rolleyes: I can't believe that none of the roommates thought to add water, either.

Let me get this straight... you're SURPRISED that a group of college guys didn't think to put the flowers in water??? What does that surprise you??? Especially since your DH is the one that is trying to teach your bird to make fart sounds!

Last edited:
They were all supposedly very bright guys. But, yeah - my fault for thinking college guys (at a school that was 90% male) would know.

Book smarts does not equate to common sense!

What is the context of this situation?

The context is that the person asking the question is a scientist attending a conference, and their spouse will not be able to join them due to their anniversary falling during the conference.

Why does the person feel the need to do something special for their spouse?

The person wants to show their spouse that they appreciate their support and understanding in regards to their career and the conference. They also want to make their spouse feel loved and appreciated on their anniversary, even though they won't be able to celebrate together.

What options are they considering for their anniversary surprise?

The person is considering leaving a surprise or gift for their spouse to open on their anniversary. They are looking for ideas that will show their appreciation and love for their spouse, and possibly involve their spouse in their business success.

How can the person make their spouse feel special and appreciated while they are away?

The person can make their spouse feel special and appreciated by creating a thoughtful and personalized surprise or gift. This could involve incorporating their spouse into their business success, or simply showing them how much they mean to them through a heartfelt gesture or token of appreciation.

What are some ideas for a surprise or gift that the person can leave for their spouse?

Some ideas for a surprise or gift could include a handwritten letter expressing their love and appreciation, a special item or trinket that holds meaning for the couple, a video or photo montage of memories together, a reservation for a future date night, or a personalized gift that relates to their spouse's interests or hobbies. Another idea could be to involve their spouse in their business by leaving them a task or project to complete while they are away, showing that they value their input and contributions to their career.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
Replies