• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Dh Is Buying Me for Our Anniversary

In summary, your husband threw away one of your director packs cartons thinking the boxes inside it were empty. He is a neat-knick and you are not. When your sell-a-thon cartons, suprise boxes from conference, and your director packs all arrived within days of each other, he was hating the mess. You had opened everything to make sure nothing was damaged, but then put the fall products back in the shipping cartons until you figured out where to put the new toys. You loved him to death, but just not at the moment.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Okay, this is one of those totally unnecessary postings, but I'm so irked I have to vent.

So what is my husband getting me for our anniversary today? Pampered Chef fall products.
Why? Because he threw away one of my director pack cartons thinking the boxes inside it were empty!

He is a neat-knick and I am not. When my sell-a-thon cartons, suprise boxes from conference, and my director packs all arrived within days of each other, he was hating the mess. I had opened everything to make sure nothing was damaged, but then put the fall products back in the shipping cartons until I figured out where to put the new toys. He thought one was just trash and took it upon himself to toss it.

I love him to death, but just not at the moment. :grumpy:

Oh no!! Do you know what exactly was in that box?

Oooh. This can be one of those stories you can tell when you're old and gray. I would be quite ticked. Actually, I believe the words I would use to describe how I would feel are not appropriate for this forum. :)

Here's hoping you have a summer anniversary.

Oh my G-d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't begin to tell you all what I would do to my husband.....................

Oh Kris...... I'm so sorry. I have to tell my dh this story since our anniversary was yesterday!

What is your dh saying about it?

OMG!

This would have brought out the absolute worst in me.

I would insist on a different Anniversary present for your anniversary, AND He needs to replace your Fall products, just to put you back in the position you were in before. You lose this way !!!

I agree with Sue, he needs to replace these AND buy you a good gift for your anniversary. This should NOT be your gift. You worked your butt off to get those products. OHHHHH!!! I would be so angry!!!

I think you need to tell him that he just threw away his spot on the next incentive trip. Too bad you can't take another consultant, because I'd volunteer to go with you. :)

mrssyvo said:
I would insist on a different Anniversary present for your anniversary, AND He needs to replace your Fall products, just to put you back in the position you were in before. You lose this way !!!

I agree!! Oh that is so irritating. I would be so mad. Our situation is the same way....I'm the piler and occasional messy one and he's anal and determined to have everything always clean and picked up. Of course, we have a 3 and a 6 year and he doesn't get that we may have a few years of messy. Luckily he hasn't gotten to the point of throwing any PC stuff away. I currently have a surprise box, director boxes and SAT box still full around the house. I should just put it in my office, but I'm not done going through it.

I hope he resolves this issue!!! I don't blame your need to vent. Vent away!!!

Note to self: Take care of the two boxes of product sitting in the corner of the dining room TODAY! :eek:

Oh no, I'll come out ahead. Trust me. This one is going to be milkable for a looooooong time.;)

Still love him; he's my pal, my best friend, but, yes, he owes me big time. :sing:

ChefBeckyD said:
Note to self: Take care of the two boxes of product sitting in the corner of the dining room TODAY! :eek:

Oh my Becky, you just about had me on the floor laughing!

legacypc46 said:
Oh my Becky, you just about had me on the floor laughing!

I was trying to be a little funny...but at the same time - the picture you painted COULD very well happen at my home too! DH is always looking at my PC boxes and saying "are these ready to be recycled now?"

:eek: Well, at least they can be replaced!

Several years ago when we were moving my DH took it upon himself to purge our storage area while I was at work. He threw out several boxes without even looking in them. Lots of my treasures but the worse was a box of Christmas decorations that the kids had made throughout the years. :cry::cry:

I still remind him of that to this day. Some were really nice things - not replaceable at all. Now he only takes things out that I have approved.

I just had 2 boxes of paper, etc. for recycling ready for him to take out but he also knew that I had several boxes sitting around that are new products and also several that are ready for my son to take to his first apartment so he had me HAND him the boxes to dispose of. The man learned!

mrssyvo said:

Oh HECK NO! I agree...this should not be your anniversary gift!!!

Hmmmm...thanks for reminding me. It's my anniversary today, too.I think. Maybe I should call The Kat Lady and ask her.Then again, maybe not.Oh-oh.

Gee-- sounds like you're in the same boat as my DH last week, KG. Good thing I decided not to make today's trip with my mom. I was going to call you to see if you were up for a Leon's run tonight. :)

Sorry that happened --- I would be ticked too but still love him in the end. As you said you can use it to your advantage for a loooonnnnggg time..

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hmmmm...thanks for reminding me. It's my anniversary today, too.

I think. Maybe I should call The Kat Lady and ask her.

Then again, maybe not.

Oh-oh.

Happy Anniversary, KG!

...maybe!

...I just finally unpacked my surprise box and SAT products yesterday. My DH does the same thing as Becky's, "Are these ready to be recycled?" but he would never throw anything out without asking me. We are both "messy ones" so we have to constantly be on each other about what needs to go or stay or our house would be knee deep in "stuff"...

Minor Highjack here....

I had a couple boxes when I returned from my trip (I drove to Wyoming, flew to Chicago for conference and just got home from Wyoming on Sunday).... I opened one being my a couple of my SAT products and saw a note saying the Bamboo bowl wouldn't come till August. Another was my change over kit --- so fun to some home.

On the third one I thought wow, maybe my Bamboo bowl came early. I opened to find 4 tiny HWC products that I had forgotten that must have been on back order --- the box was HUGE for these tiny products - I set the stuff to the side and am going to take pictures of the products in comparison to the size of the box. I will be sending a note to HO with a comment on it. I know they have other boxes they could have sent these in or possibly a padded envelope. Seems wasteful of the size of box and possibly cost to ship them.

I know if someone would actually be around to help clean that box would have been thrown away too!

Back to the real thread in progress....

Oh no, Kris! So sorry to hear that. I would be so heart-broken. He really has some making up to do! I hope you didn't have any open houses planned real soon.

I am also the one with piles and projects going on. There was one time I made sandwiches for the kids and left the OPEN bag of bread on the table. When I got home from work 8 hours later, after my husband had been home for 4 hours, the bag was still on the table and open. I asked why he hadn't closed it he said, "I didn't want to touch it, I thought you might be doing something special with it and might have done it on purpose." He knows me too well.

On that particular day, I had just forgotten to close the bread, but there have been other times that I have had other seemingly random things strewn about the house that actually did have a purpose for being the way they were. He must have touched one too many things/been yelled at one too many times and now leaves my stuff alone or asks first.

Oh, that happened to my SED last season - not the aniversary part, but the throwing the new products away part. In a way, I'm lucky....no-one throws away anything in my house.....grrrrrr!

Here's a note you could post -

NEW HOUSE RULE : DO NOT under ANY circumstances TOUCH in any way shape or form ANYTHING displaying the PC name, logo or slogan!
Thank you for your cooperation!
;)

So sorry that happened to you....that really sucks! Glad DH is still your BF though! :)

My DH almost threw out a box with some stuff in it...I caught him before he did, but now all PC boxes and items go in my scrapbooking room...since I know my DH never goes in there.

Only problem now is I have more Pc stuff than scrapbooking stuff in there...so should I change the name to my PC room?? LOL...I so need to get in there to organize and clean!

ChefBeckyD said:

Note to self: tkae care of the THREE boxes of product in the dining room today! :eek:

My Director package came and all I took out was the changeover kit. Then my SAT package came and I left it on the porch--DH brought it in!

Our garbage day was today and it's still all here. :)

Kris, so sorry this happened. My DH would be in the dog house for a LONG LONG time if he did that to me!

PChefPEI said:
Here's a note you could post -

NEW HOUSE RULE : DO NOT under ANY circumstances TOUCH in any way shape or form ANYTHING displaying the PC name, logo or slogan!
Thank you for your cooperation!
;)

So sorry that happened to you....that really sucks! Glad DH is still your BF though! :)

(Unless, of course, you're cooking with it.)

chefann said:
Gee-- sounds like you're in the same boat as my DH last week, KG.

Good thing I decided not to make today's trip with my mom. I was going to call you to see if you were up for a Leon's run tonight. :)

Nah, that would be perfect! I'm taking her out for dinner, and since it's a special occasion, I'm even going to let her SuperSize it. Leon's for dessert would be perfect!

ChefBeckyD said:
Happy Anniversary, KG!

...maybe!

Thank you...

maybe.

legacypc46 said:
Okay, this is one of those totally unnecessary postings, but I'm so irked I have to vent.

So what is my husband getting me for our anniversary today? Pampered Chef fall products.
Why? Because he threw away one of my director pack cartons thinking the boxes inside it were empty!

He is a neat-knick and I am not. When my sell-a-thon cartons, suprise boxes from conference, and my director packs all arrived within days of each other, he was hating the mess. I had opened everything to make sure nothing was damaged, but then put the fall products back in the shipping cartons until I figured out where to put the new toys. He thought one was just trash and took it upon himself to toss it.

I love him to death, but just not at the moment. :grumpy:

OMG! How awful!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Nah, that would be perfect! I'm taking her out for dinner, and since it's a special occasion, I'm even going to let her SuperSize it. Leon's for dessert would be perfect!

LOL!! You're funny.....does your DW know you're that funny?? ;)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_20_2.gif

Kris, you can milk this one for years! I am so sorry about this....

when DD was a baby and DS was 3, I was still working in the hospital arena and Mother's Day came.....HE FORGOT! I called from work to say "hi" and nothing was said.....

I came home, thinking a surprise was waiting for me......nothing.

Just before bed, I asked, so you know what today is? He said "yes, Mother's Day." I said "yes and you forgot to give me anything."

His reply....."well, I sent my Mother a card"

I reminded him of the 19 hours combined labor I went through to make him a Father and mentioned that Father's Day was right around to corner.......

ChefBeckyD said:

Ha! I had the same thought! My sellathon & surprise boxes are sitting in the living room corner...

And yes, definately milk this one for a long time;)

elizabethfox said:
My DH almost threw out a box with some stuff in it...I caught him before he did, but now all PC boxes and items go in my scrapbooking room...since I know my DH never goes in there.

Only problem now is I have more Pc stuff than scrapbooking stuff in there...so should I change the name to my PC room?? LOL...I so need to get in there to organize and clean!

Just don't name it the PC Scrap Room.

chefmeg said:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_20_2.gif

Kris, you can milk this one for years! I am so sorry about this....

when DD was a baby and DS was 3, I was still working in the hospital arena and Mother's Day came.....HE FORGOT! I called from work to say "hi" and nothing was said.....

I came home, thinking a surprise was waiting for me......nothing.

Just before bed, I asked, so you know what today is? He said "yes, Mother's Day." I said "yes and you forgot to give me anything."

His reply....."well, I sent my Mother a card"

I reminded him of the 19 hours combined labor I went through to make him a Father and mentioned that Father's Day was right around to corner.......
I'll admit that I'm with your DH on this one. You're not his mother, so he shouldn't have to give you anything on Mother's Day.

Besides, if people can't show appreciation to their Mom every day, what good is one specific day?

I'm sure he must feel terrible. But hitting him the wallet will be the biggest and best remedy to it ever happening again!

So sorry this happened to you. This is one catastrophe I'm pretty sure wouldn't happen at our house. The Furry Guy and I both tend to be pack-rats and pile-makers. When I get the urge to purge the mess, The Furry Guy will actually go through everything in the burn box to make sure I haven't thrown out anything he thinks we should keep.

janetupnorth said:
Just don't name it the PC Scrap Room.

:eek: (You guys are so quick-witted!)

Well, I inventoried what was missing and it actually isn't much: the new knives w/honing case and the beaded serving fork. I have dups because of the director pack, but he's so not off the hook.

His task is to generate enough orders by Thursday to turn in a show. (I had a July catalog show fall thru, so this will replace it...and give me my 8 shows for the month.) He's been on the phone with his family tonight looking for orders and will do the same at work tomorrow.

If he isn't successful, I told him he could replace the knives at half-price since they are open stock on the sample form...but the serving fork would cost him $55.13 since it's in Package D. I betcha he comes up with a show rather than part with his own money.:rolleyes:;)

I'm impressed that he's actually willing to do that.

He's a pretty good sport...more importantly for the matter at hand, he hates parting with money. (I do that well enough for the both of us.;))

I read him the responses from here; he's feeling appropriately sheepish. (Though several comments had him chuckling.)

I do know that he will NEVER throw out a PC box again without asking first.:love:

legacypc46 said:
He's a pretty good sport...more importantly for the matter at hand, he hates parting with money. (I do that well enough for the both of us.;))

I read him the responses from here; he's feeling appropriately sheepish. (Though several comments had him chuckling.)

I do know that he will NEVER throw out a PC box again without asking first.:love:

Sounds like a good guy who is now sadder but wiser.

I tell The Furry Guy that we make a great pair. He's always finding ways to make money (scrapping metal, selling off things that look like junk, doing odd jobs for people, etc.) and I'm always finding ways to spend it. We're a perfect complement to one another. :p

ooops

I'm so glad I take all the boxes to the dump..... =)

Happy Anniversary!

It's my anniversary, too. Put my boxes away last night, but I could totally see my hubby doing this!

Speaking of throwing away, I had an Uppercase Living party at my house on Friday night. I ran out of silverware and got out my pampered chef outdoor party plates and utensils. I made several loud announcements asking my friends and family to make sure not to throw out my pampered chef silverware. Well, one person did! I was digging through the trash today looking for a green plastic fork. (They kept the spoon and knife). Anyways, I found it, didn't have to dig too much, but for now on, I'll keep those as our picnic forks and hide them from guest:)

When you're a kid, dates mean nothing. I remember my grandmother, on certain dates, saying things like, "This was the day your grandpa and I went to..." or "This is the date that Ma Culver died..." and such milestones in her life. As a kid, you shrug and wonder, why does Grandma remember all that stuff?" because it's usually about people you know nothing about.Then, one day, you get married, start having kids and before you know it, you become a walking almanac of family events, dates, marriages, births, deaths, anniversaries and the like. Apparently, it's a rite of passage. And then, one day, you wish you had paid more attention to Grandma, because you would like to know who Great-Uncle Al was, or the connection you have to Cousin Myrtle, or when Grandpa Joe's father started logging or when Great-Grandma Rose came through Ellis Island. But don't worry, you'll be Grandma soon enough, and your ungrateful, bratty grandchildren won't pay any attention to you, either. Do them a favor and write down who your cousins and aunts and uncles are. And lightly write on the back of all those photographs who all those people are. They'll thank you long after you're compost.

That' cheery outlook is why we love you, KG. :)The Furry Guy has asked me to explain that the reason he looks through the stuff I purge when I do a big pile of stuff is that I once almost threw out a car title. In my defense, it got stuck to the back of a manual for an appliance that had long since died. That was years ago, but he's got a really good memory.

Just wanted you to know, my boxes are down in my office - where DH won't throw anything away....it's a pit down there!:eek:

When I told The Furry Guy about this thread, he said, "Why do people throw things out without checking them?" That's when I told him what I'd posted. He sort of pouted and said, "Well, did you explain why I do that?"

When my husband and I were first married, he threw away a box of shoes I had (about 10 yrs worth)...we were moving into our place and I just packed up my unneeded shoes, sandals, high heels, etc and taped them up and put them in the garage...

I didn't know until about 6 mo later that he had thrown them out..when I went looking for a pair of boots! I went out to the garage and the box wasn't there (but of course, ALL his junk was there!) and just "mentioned" that my shoes were missing and he said he had thrown them out 6 mo beforehand, he didn't know what it was since it was taped up!!!
I am STILL replacing my shoes 5 yrs later...

<h2>1. What are Pampered Chef fall products?</h2><p>Pampered Chef fall products are new kitchen items released by the company for the fall season. These can include cookware, bakeware, kitchen gadgets, and other tools designed to make cooking and entertaining easier.</p><h2>2. Why did your husband buy you Pampered Chef fall products for your anniversary?</h2><p>He bought them because he accidentally threw away one of your director pack cartons, thinking the boxes inside were empty. As a neat-freak, he was trying to declutter and didn't realize the significance of the carton. So instead of buying a thoughtful gift, he opted for a practical solution to replace the item he had mistakenly thrown away.</p><h2>3. Is it common for Pampered Chef consultants to receive fall products as gifts?</h2><p>It's not uncommon for Pampered Chef consultants to receive fall products as gifts, especially if their spouse or significant other knows they enjoy the products and are passionate about their business. However, it's always nice to receive a more personal and thoughtful gift on special occasions like an anniversary.</p><h2>4. How can you make the most out of your Pampered Chef fall products?</h2><p>To make the most out of your Pampered Chef fall products, try experimenting with new recipes and incorporating the products into your cooking routine. You can also attend Pampered Chef cooking shows or workshops to learn new tips and tricks for using the products.</p><h2>5. What other types of products does Pampered Chef offer?</h2><p>Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, cutlery, and food items. They also have a variety of products for entertaining and hosting parties, such as serving platters, drinkware, and party games.</p>

1. What are Pampered Chef fall products?

Pampered Chef fall products are new kitchen items released by the company for the fall season. These can include cookware, bakeware, kitchen gadgets, and other tools designed to make cooking and entertaining easier.

2. Why did your husband buy you Pampered Chef fall products for your anniversary?

He bought them because he accidentally threw away one of your director pack cartons, thinking the boxes inside were empty. As a neat-freak, he was trying to declutter and didn't realize the significance of the carton. So instead of buying a thoughtful gift, he opted for a practical solution to replace the item he had mistakenly thrown away.

3. Is it common for Pampered Chef consultants to receive fall products as gifts?

It's not uncommon for Pampered Chef consultants to receive fall products as gifts, especially if their spouse or significant other knows they enjoy the products and are passionate about their business. However, it's always nice to receive a more personal and thoughtful gift on special occasions like an anniversary.

4. How can you make the most out of your Pampered Chef fall products?

To make the most out of your Pampered Chef fall products, try experimenting with new recipes and incorporating the products into your cooking routine. You can also attend Pampered Chef cooking shows or workshops to learn new tips and tricks for using the products.

5. What other types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, cutlery, and food items. They also have a variety of products for entertaining and hosting parties, such as serving platters, drinkware, and party games.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • DebbieSM
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSM
Replies