• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having the Show Orders Sent to Me to Sort?

In summary, the conversation discusses the pros and cons of having the show orders sent to the summarizer instead of the host. The summarizer finds the pros to outweigh the cons and decides to offer this extra service to her hosts.
ChefCat
For my past show my neighbor was the host. It started with her placing an order that I turned into a catalog show. I decided to have the show orders sent to me instead of her. I sorted and bagged each guests order and prepared their receipts with my thank you letter, recipe card and business card. The same day the shipment came to me I delivered her the orders neatly and clearly sorted for her to deliver to the guests. I think I like having the show sent to me. There are several things that are appealing to me, like:

-I have a chance to see the products first hand, there are still some products we sell I have never seen in person.

-I am able to give each item a look over to check for any flaws or damage from shipping. I would then be able to start the replacement order right away to shorten the customer wait.

(I don't open any packaging that is sealed, but I peeked in un-taped boxes and gave a good once over to sealed bagged items.)

-I had control over how the paperwork was organized. (P3 receipt, packing slip, thank you note, recipe card, business card, etc.)

-It would give me another one-on-one meeting with the host when I deliver the items. Since they say our hosts are our best recruiting leads that extra meeting could be nice.

-I was able to do a favor for the host so they don't have to go through the box and figure out the orders. I'm sure it would take each host much more time than it takes me to figure out what is what and how to sort it all.

The downsides I see are that:

-This takes me some time to sort, but not too much, and I really think it is fun!

-If the host lives far away, the extra commute to her home could be inconvenient. I would want to personally deliver the items to her, not have her come to me or even meet me. I would want to make everything easy for the host.

I am curious what other people think about this. I think it could work for me to make this a service I provide each host. Bear in mind that I choose to do PC part time. One of my goals for 2010 is to have 3 shows a month. I can see that for the full-time consultants this service would be a major inconvenience to their time schedule. But for me, as a part-timer, do you think this could be a good idea? What things am I not considering about this?

One thought that comes to mind is a potential recruit may think it's something they have to do, so I'd probably be sure to let me my host know this is an extra-service I offer...and when talkign about the biz-opp, make sure she realized that I do offer several extra's- like the delivery of the show, invitations mailed out (if you do that), etc....so she realizes she doesn't HAVE to.I've thought about it too.....my biggest drawback would be the time to deliver, but I'm always running errands here and there at least once a week- so depending on WHERE the host lived, might determine if I offered that service or not. For those that are distant, I can send her the paperwork/receipts already put in envelopes with customer names on them for just a few dollars (up to $4.90 Priority Flat-rate).I say- if you like doing it and it helps you and your business, give it a try...see what happens. You can always stop doing it later.

I do offer that service for many of my hosts, especially those who live near by. I've done it enough that it takes me very little time and it helps the host. I do not offer it for hosts who live more than 45 minutes from me though.

I did that for my first show for my sister, but I had thought about that. If they are in a different county with higher tax, I might have it shipped to me, depending on how far away they are. Dunno, there is a line of when I would or wouldn't, but not sure were that line is right now.

I play it by ear. If the host seems overwhelmed, if they are wary of a box being left on their porch while they're at work....I'll offer it to be delivered to me to sort.

if the show is a big one ($700 or more), I offer to have it delivered to them and I meet them at their home to help with the sorting.

It is nice customer service, but it can get fatiguing when you have multiple shows coming in. Plus having to find a time to meet with hosts can also be tough.

If you enjoy it and it's convenient, then go for it. In the beginning, I loved seeing the product too. Keep doing it until it becomes inconvenient for you, the host or guests. :)

I do it for hosts who live in the same county as me (we have the same sales tax), however for the surrounding counties who do not have a sales tax I do not because it is more expensive to send it to me :)

I never do it. I love Pampered Chef because I don't have to make deliveries. Gheesh, even when I have my own shows, I pay extra for anyone who comes from further than 5 miles away to have their order shipped direct. :eek: (still only charging them the show shipping price)

Someone mentioned that they offer to go to the host's house to help sort if the show is $1000 or more (Carolyn, maybe?)

I offer to do this for all my hosts that live nearby. They really seem to appreciate it and it has gotten me a few shows that I may not have gotten otherwise. I also buy the ingredients for my hosts and offer gift wrapping. I feel our job is all about customer service and those little extras go a long way to creating lifelong repeat customers and hosts.

Chefcat-
I always ask the host if they would like to have it shipped to me, as long as I know that they are close enough and I know I will have the time to drop it off to them the day I get the order or the next day. I will only drop off the show to the host, not each guest.
For the same reasons you do it- I feel the exact same way. I like having one more chance to see them. It lets them know that I am available for all there customer service needs. This way I am developing a better customer service relationship, that they will always associate ME with PC.
I am a bit anial when it comes to putting printed receipts and information in the bags. I want it to look professional, like I care about there order. I especially prefer to do it around the holidays, this way if there is a problem I can get it resolved and not have to wait for the host to call me. I must say I am lucky because my teen daughter, who comes to most of my shows, helps. OK sometimes she does it all! (I always check) She loves it as much as me.
That's what I love about PC. We as consultants all have different things to offer. We have our own way of doing shows. We can take what we like and what fits into our schedule.:)

I would like to offer this myself but there is no way I could! I do appreciate that HO doesn't make us do this and I do agree that it can make our job look harder. I don't have the time to do it, plus a lot of my shows are 30 minutes away or longer. If I chose to do something like this I would rather meet them in person to go over their host packet.

Everyone here is correct. There is an old saying that goes, "If it feels good, do it!". I know this is NOT what that refers too but, if it works for you go for it. As for me, I set one criteria for myself. I keep track of any major changes I make to my business. I track the results, good, bad or ugly,($$), for 6 months. If it is something helping my business and not hurting me time wise or financially, I keep it up. If not, I drop it like a hot potato. So set up a way to see if this practice helps bring in customers and hosts as especially recruits. Keep track of all the expenses involved, paper work and gas costs, and the track the time it takes for you to pack up the orders and get them delivered. If it looks like it is costing you more than it is bringing in, then I would reconsider the practice.

I love being able to sort through everything myself! I have only had 3 shows so far so I like to see as much as I can! I'm in my 3rd week, and I love having that personal touch with my customers!
My first 2 shows both had an average of $1,000. I couldn't imagine a host getting those 4 huge boxes w/ stuff thrown all in it.....It took me an hour to sort it all...and I feel it was worth it! I couldn't expect her to do it and get it all right.....that seems way to stressful for someone to do who doesn't know all the products like we do....and my last shipment came in on a Saturday, the little set of bamboo spoons was broken, I was able to go online right away and get the replacement processed....that way I didn't have to wait for the hostess to figure out it was broken, and get back with me...
Maybe its just me. I do live in a small town approx 10,000 people...and have 5 small surrounding towns I am hoping to branch out into!
But I still think its worth it to sort it all! I have even called all the people to pick the items up from my full time job. We have a big store front and I can just keep all the goodies in my office!
Have a great day everyone!
~Abigail

This month, I celebrate my 5th Anniversary as a PC. Several times when I had the products shipped directly to my hosts, I'd get a call from a guest with an adjustment problem. After that, I decided to have the shipments come to me, and I literally did check all boxes with glass items, and lids that might be missing. I used clear wide tape to reseal them. I did head off several adjustments myself, and in a couple of cases had a spare of the item to make an immediate replacement, and had the adjustment replacement sent to me. My hostess' are more than happy to come pick up the sorted orders, and very grateful that they did not have to do that work. I enclose a recipe card with my address stamped on it; a Spice sample with my business card attached, and use a Twix-it to close the bag. If or when I leave the Spice sample with my hostess, I have to trust that she will do the same.

A lot depends on the circumstances of my hostess', whether I offer to receive the shipment. All those considerations have been mentioned by others. I will say that the hostess' I have offered this service to, have been happy to host a second and third Show, over the course of time. They have literally kept me in business.

The real answer is here that it is our choice. We run our businesses like WE want to. When talking about the opportunity tell people that products are delivered to the host (or customer) but that if we choose to take the delivery we can. Stress it as another way that we can customize our business to fit our personalities and schedules.

I like being able to check to make sure all the products arrived in perfect shape and before I had everything I loved seeing all the products as several of you new consultants are mentioning. And while I do usually offer that benefit to my local hosts, when I have personal conflicts with doing it I just don't give them the choice. They don't know any different - and if they do I explain why I can't this time. No one is ever upset.

ChefBeckyD said:
I never do it. I love Pampered Chef because I don't have to make deliveries. Gheesh, even when I have my own shows, I pay extra for anyone who comes from further than 5 miles away to have their order shipped direct. :eek: (still only charging them the show shipping price)

I'm with Genius. I average 9 shows per month. I have 4 children, 2 which are actively involved in activities after school. I teach high school full time. My husband travels. So for me it's a no. But if it works for you, by all means!!
:D

beckyjsmith said:
I'm with Genius. I average 9 shows per month. I have 4 children, 2 which are actively involved in activities after school. I teach high school full time. My husband travels. So for me it's a no. But if it works for you, by all means!!
:D

LOL! :D http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm395.gif

It must be something in the name?

At the risk of sounding stupid- what is a spice sample? Something you do or does PC sell them for consultants as a supply item? Never heard/saw them. Sorry! Love hearing everyone GREAT ideas.

Just a word to the wise - my director learned this the hard way... She had a show sent to her for sorting purposes, a customer still owed some money, etc. The host decided to return/cancel the show (it was a catalog show). She called to have the show returned. D was aware that there would be commission adjustment, etc, because the whole show was being returned. Since the show order was shipped to the consultant (even with a Suzie Host c/o Debbie Director address), it was going to be charged a re-stocking fee as if the consultant ordered it for inventory.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL! :D http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm395.gif

It must be something in the name?

LOL Becky! I LOVED that smiley guy! You had me laughing out loud! Where do you guys come up with those cute little extra ones?!

Also somthing to think about for anyone who comes across this thread. If we as consultants enjoy sorting the order and love looking at the products and checking them out. Maybe the host does too. I know whenever I host my own show or see a new product I don't have I then want it. Alot of these hosts will have friends that booked a party and they now are going to have a whole bunch of new stuff on thier wish list to order at the next show or even just another order for you. I always call my hosts to tell them when to expect thier shipment, how many boxes it is and do a follow up call to see how thier products are and how the shipment was so that is how I reconnect with my hosts.
JEN

Wow. I'm not a consultant yet, so I can't speak as one. I think I would love sorting the products, at least at first. But as I work full time an have a 45 min commute each way, no way I want to deliver product. Maybe to the host...?.. One thing I love about PC is that it really is our choice...as John says.I am curious, those of you that have been delivering for a while, what do your recruit leads think? How do you teach new consultants? Marghi

1. How do I choose the option to have my show orders sent to me to sort?

When placing your order, you will be prompted to select either "Ship to Host" or "Ship to Me" as the delivery option. Choose "Ship to Me" to have the orders sent directly to you to sort.

2. Can I change my delivery option after I have already placed my order?

Yes, you can change your delivery option by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or customer service at 1-888-OUR-CHEF. However, please note that this may result in a delay in receiving your order.

3. Do I have to pay for shipping when having my show orders sent to me to sort?

No, there is no additional charge for choosing to have your show orders sent to you to sort. However, shipping fees may still apply for regular orders or if the show total does not meet the minimum for free shipping.

4. How long does it take for my show orders to be sent to me for sorting?

The delivery time for show orders varies, but it typically takes 5-7 business days for the orders to be processed and delivered to you for sorting.

5. Can I track my show orders when they are sent to me for sorting?

Yes, once your orders are shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email. You can use this tracking number to track the delivery of your show orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Rhonda's Kitchenette
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Wildfire