1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Personal Looking for something to do in Indiana anniversary

1. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I am wanting to do something special for my 6 year wedding anniversary. I was thinking of taking my husband to a B&B or something. We live in Indiana and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I'd like to be able to do something like hike or sight see while there. This will be in July if that matters. :)
    Thanks for your help!
    -c

Jul 1, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You could always head north and visit The Furry Guy and me. We could hang out in the Redneck Spa. LOL!

Try googling tourism, Indiana.

Jul 1, 2009
  3. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Thanks for the invite Rae! LOL!! I am looking on google for a place, just thought someone might have a personal experience.

Jul 1, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

It sounds odd, but The Furry Guy and I love the Indianapolis Children's Museum. It's a fascinating place.

Jul 1, 2009
  5. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

Charity,

Have you ever been to Turkey Run State Park? It's been many years since I've been there (went to a work conference) but it stuck in my head because it is so beautiful.

I don't know how far from home this is for you, but here's the link: Guide to Turkey Run State Park in Indiana

Jul 1, 2009
  6. Hi Charity!!
    I live in Rushville!!!
    I have found a "neighbor" on here, I am so exciteD!!!!

Anyway, anytime that my husband and I want to get away we go to Louisville. It is only about a 2 hour drive and there is sooooo much to do! There is nothing more romantic than eating dinner on the river at one of the restaurants that they have down there!!
    Let me know if you are considering it and I can recommend some great hotels, restaurants, etc!!

Jul 1, 2009
  7. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

I love going to southern Indiana along the Ohio River - just beautiful!! We like to stay at Harrison-Crawford State Forest, which is now O'Bannon Woods State Park. They do have some things closed there though like the state caves due the a disease bats are getting - they are in danger! They also had a lot of rain. They do have some private tour caves open though. It is really close to Holiday World which is a really fun and family oriented amuzement park. Very reasonble to get in and you can get all the drinks you want for free. I'm sure if you search the web they have some B&B's in that area as well.

If that doesn't sound like your thing, my husband and I stayed in a really nice one (B&B)by Cincinnati, Ohio, (on the KY side though) a few years ago. It was close to downtown - we went to a concert. It was wonderful! They have a lot you could do in the city.

Have something to add?