• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Does Your Company Do for Anniversaries?

In summary, my company has a tradition of giving employees a gift after 5 years of service, and every 5 years after that they are given a gift that is related to their service anniversary. The company also has a tradition of training their employees for new skills.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
This is not a PC topic, but I have a question:

For those who work full-time or part-time, what does your organization do for major anniversaries?

10-year, 20-year, 30-year, etc. for their employees? Jewelry, other?

Also, if you don't mind sharing the company you work for that does it so I get an idea of the size of the company.

If you don't want to share publically, please PM me.

My company has some people with major anniversaries coming up but since it is 25 years old is just hitting this point and wants to do something nice for their employees hitting milestones.

Thanks in advance!

I used to work for Clinique and once an employee reached $250,000 in personal sales they received a platinum "C" with a diamond in it. They were very pretty.

My company gives you money on your anniversary - $50 for every year you have worked there. Pretty nice to get an extra $100! My last company did sort of the same thing too (just cannot remember the stipulations, it's been that long), until they started cutting out all the "extras".

The company I work for now is a small company, maybe 30-40 people at the most. It's privately owned. The last company I worked for was about 100 per shift (2 shifts) and it was corporatly owned with several companies across the US.

I never worked for a company large enough to do something like that. Heck, most companies I've worked for do nothing for much of anything... I thought I was lucky when I worked for a company that did something for the winter holidays (like a bonus? LOL) or that acknowledged birthdays. Those are few and far between.. DH worked for one though where after 5 years he got a catalog from which he could pick his gift.

lkprescott said:
I never worked for a company large enough to do something like that. Heck, most companies I've worked for do nothing for much of anything... I thought I was lucky when I worked for a company that did something for the winter holidays (like a bonus? LOL) or that acknowledged birthdays. Those are few and far between..

DH worked for one though where after 5 years he got a catalog from which he could pick his gift.
You just made me remember what my last company did! I was in the promotional products industry. They let you pick from certain items that were available from other companies in the corporation. The value went up as your service did. Then they awarded you at the Holiday Banquet (employee sponsored).

I work for a really small company (I mean SMALL, I'm the only employee. Everyone else is contracted out). Anyhow, I got hired the day before my birthday so every year my boss takes me out to lunch of my choice and his wife will usually get me a little something (candy, flowers, whatever). And since it is my annual review as well, I get a raise :)

My former employer (about 7000 employees worldwide) uses a promotional products company for service anniversary gifts, starting at 5 years, and continuing on the divisible-by-5 anniversaries. (Supposedly items given for less than 5 years service are supposed to be considered wages, so they stopped the 1 and 3 year programs.) Beginning with the employee's 10th year, they are invited to the service anniversary dinner every 5 years (15, 20, 25). The gifts all have the company name on them, but are nice. I have a Fossil brand watch from my 5 year. The 30 year choices include a signet style ring with a couple of diamond chips in it.

What we doMy DH and I are a small company/restaurant we have 20 employees right now. We try to do something everyday of the week for our staff. Today being Friday it's "Snackin' Friday" and we bring snacks or I bake stuff, they really seem to like that. I hold different training courses as well and everyone who comes receives something. The best part is if they finish all 8 of my "training" courses that I do they recieve a PC gift bundle:) :)

Christmas we hand out gift certificates/and or gifts

1 year~ chocolates (it's actually called a chocolate survival kit which I think is funny)

Every year after we give a small gift and $25.00 for each year.

It's hard sometimes, wish money grew on trees. Some employees take and take and expect sooooo much. I know if my former employers would have given me a stick of gum I would have been happy!! It really is the thought that counts. Times are a changing:rolleyes:

My day job is at a huge HMO system. Employees are recognized for every 5 years of service.Very nice dinner at a hotel local to their workplace. TERRIBLY booring program. Scrolled names on big screen of employees up to the 25 year mark. 25 years and up get mentioned from the podium. Don't really have any suggestions to make it better, except perhaps only to recognize those with 25 years and up.I'll not go again, felt like a lost evening to me. Me, who is rarely boored, and can make my own fun!Would rather have had time off or gift cert.

I work for a major insurance company with probably 10,000 employees countrywide. I don't know what's done at the other divisions, but in ours we get to choose from a catalog of gifts. Some are nice (grills, camping equipment) and some are not worth it (porcelain angel figurines, ugly candle holders).

Plus, if your boss likes you, you get some sort of recognition reception. We can pick from cake, a veggie tray, or a meat/cheese tray. You can invite whoever you want from the company to come and your boss tries to find something nice to say about you.

Very nice gestures, but I'd rather have, say, $25.00 for every year I worked there.

Well, although its not a "company" so to speak - we have owned restaurants and bars (5 in 20 years) and we like to think of our employees like family - so we do celebrate milestones with us - usually cakes for small ones - balloons etc - but we have given parties in honor of the person on big occassions - retirement, leaving, 10 year, - we do give yearly bonuses as well - as well as bonuses at extra crazy times of the year - holidays, and St Patricks day -

We love our staff - and respect them completely - we try to show it as much as possible - works great for moral!!

I work at Staples and they give us year pins every anniversary and at years divisible by 5 they send a plaque or a etched glass thingy congratulating you on being a loyal employee.

My previous company was one of the ones that went belly up a few years back. The Execs are currently serving jail time. But they did award us w/ plaques for our 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, etc years. And a pin. It was nice to be recognized.
At my current company, they do NOTHING.

The company I used to work for (and my DH still works there) rewards for the every 5 years of service. We would get to choose merchandise from a selection on a sheet of paper. The selection would include such things as a coat (with our logo), a pair of binoculars, a Tiffany lamp, a watch, a fishing pole with case, etc. I think there are companies that sell this type of merchandise (I was in the accounting department, and used to process the invoices), but I can't remember the name of the company we used.

Last edited:
Janet,

I work for a major investment company that employs over 13,000 people world-wide. We use a corporate gift service (similar to what others mentioned) and gifts are given every 5 years. You can choose from a catalog based on your years of service - the value of items goes up as your years of service go up. I was there 5 years and got a nice freshwater pearl and silver necklace with a tiny logo on a tiny silver tag at the clasp. I wear it often.

All service milestones are also recognized with a clear glass paperweight with the company logo and the number of years, as well as a nice certificate that can be posted at your cubicle. Your department is supposed to do a milestone celebration in your department and invite your past co-workers and management, too (usually involves a cake, a slideshow - possibly embarrassing! - and some nice comments from your coworkers).

DH used to work for a company that was owned by a major communications co., and he could chose items from the Tiffany catalog. He let me pick the gift since he's not a jewelry guy, and I got nice silver ball earrings from Tiffany that I wear constantly. :)

When I worked in retail, we used to be able to get a day off each year within one month of the anniversary date. It was nice because my hire date and birthday were two days apart.

We also got a day off for your birthday, so I would have an extra 2 days off in the month of July!

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "What Does Your Company Do for Anniversaries?"

1. What type of anniversary gifts does Pampered Chef offer to its employees?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of anniversary gifts to its employees, including personalized kitchen tools, gift cards, company-branded merchandise, and experiences such as cooking classes or spa days.

2. How does Pampered Chef recognize its employees' work anniversaries?

Pampered Chef recognizes its employees' work anniversaries by sending personalized congratulatory emails, posting anniversary announcements on the company's internal communication platform, and hosting celebratory team lunches or happy hours.

3. Are there any special benefits or perks for employees who reach milestone anniversaries at Pampered Chef?

Yes, employees who reach milestone anniversaries (5, 10, 15+ years) at Pampered Chef are eligible for additional benefits and perks, such as extra vacation days, a bonus, and a personalized gift from the company.

4. Can employees choose their anniversary gift from a selection of options?

Yes, employees are given the option to choose their anniversary gift from a selection of options provided by Pampered Chef. This allows employees to receive a gift that best suits their interests and preferences.

5. How does Pampered Chef involve employees' families in work anniversary celebrations?

Pampered Chef values the support and understanding of employees' families and often invites them to participate in work anniversary celebrations. This may include hosting a family-friendly event or providing a gift that can be enjoyed by the employee and their loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pampered1224