• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Launch in Portland: What to Wear for the Upcoming PC Conference?

In summary, there is a debate about appropriate attire for the upcoming Spring Launch event. Some suggest business casual, while others believe dressing for success is important. There is no specific dress code for this event, but many attendees feel it is important to dress professionally to make a good impression on others and on themselves. Some have even had personal experiences where dressing well has had a positive impact on their business. However, there is a rule against wearing jeans at the National Conference, but not at Spring Launch or other events.
katem51
Well I have never been able to go to a July PC conference so I'm really excited for Spring Launch in Portland OR.

I remember reading lots of threads about conference attire last summer. So,my question is what to wear for Spring Launch. I mean, are jeans too casual?

Looking forward to some advice and opinions!

I saw people in jeans last year, but I went with more of a what I'd wear to the office look of black pants and a sweater :)

I truly believe that this is a business function so it should be casual business in look. When I went to SL the first year, I saw every type of clothing (no lounge suits that I remember thank goodness!). Personally I would only wear jeans if they were very nice looking (not the current bling trend but I don't care for those anyway). I will be wearing slacks and a sweater more than likely.

Pampered Chef events are always business casual but a lot of people pay no attention and wear whatever. My opinion is we should always dress for success!

Business casual means no jeans! Dress for success and dress for the business you want.

Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards business casual so it was good to hear that's kind of the majority opinion.

The attire you wear is the attitude you wish to carry. If you dress like you care about your business, you will pay attention to your business. I never wear jeans to work, I never wear jeans to my parties and I certainly would never wear jeans to a business function - PC or otherwise - if I am trying to make an impression. Even if that impression is just on myself! Reason: if my business is important to me, I need to "feel" it and "see" it in a mirror.

Funny the first PC function I attended was where my director lived in CT. I live in NJ and my husband drove me there so in all my rush I realized that I forgot my shoes (I was wearing sneakers) just as we were going over the GW Bridge. When we reached CT I made hubby bring me to a shoe store where I purchased shoes to wear the next day. I was a little disappointed that when I got to the function people were wearing whatever including sneakers!!!!

Here is a great example of dressing for success. My party yesterday was in the afternoon and I knew the host. I was going to dress a bit more comfortably because we were expecting crappy, icy weather and I had an hours drive on many back roads. I wanted to be dressed in case something happened and I got stuck but... I decided to go with nice slacks and one of my newly fitting dress shirts. Now, the reason, I wanted to feel in control. I wanted to feel like I could do anything. I wanted to feel like the CEO of my business. I was glad I did as everyone who came, no one wore jeans or sneakers! The other thing I realized in that by dressing well, I commanded their attention in dress and attitude more so than if I had to keep asking for it. I have worked with this group before and when I dressed down, I did have problems keeping their attention. But because I presented myself as some who cared about my business, I think it made a difference in how they perceived me. They knew I meant business. I actually have a lead follow up about being a consultant as a newbie was impressed at how easy it was for me. She has a surgery coming up shortly but she wants to meet with me a couple weeks after as she will have time to go over the materials. She stayed after I left and the host told me Angela was impressed with how confident I was with what I was doing. Jeri, my host, told her that that was not the case when she first met me. But that over the years my attitude and confidence had grown. In fact, Jeri then added for me that she too was impressed in how I carried myself yesterday. That's a lot from someone who has "grown up" with me and my business! So the way you dress, no matter what the occasion in your business, adds to your host's, guest's and colleagues impressions of you but it has a mind blowing effect your self. And that is my real goal in my business.

There was always a rule against jeans at National Conference. There is no such rule at Spring Launch or other events (at least, not yet). That said, I always want to dress professionally. Now, I do plan to wear jeans. They will be dark blue or black, trouser-cut jeans. I will wear them with a shell, a jacket or sweater, and probably a scarf or tie. I will be dressed in what is considered business casual in my area.

1. What products are included in the Spring Launch?

The Spring Launch includes a variety of new and seasonal products, such as our new citrus press, silicone steamer, and floral stoneware collection.

2. When will the Spring Launch products be available for purchase?

The Spring Launch products will be available for purchase starting on March 1st.

3. Can I still use my Pampered Chef discounts and rewards on Spring Launch products?

Yes, you can still use your discounts and rewards on Spring Launch products, just like any other Pampered Chef products.

4. Are there any exclusive deals or promotions for the Spring Launch?

Yes, there will be exclusive deals and promotions for the Spring Launch, so be sure to keep an eye out for them!

5. Will there be any virtual demonstrations or events for the Spring Launch?

Yes, we will be hosting virtual demonstrations and events to showcase the new Spring Launch products. Keep an eye on our website and social media for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • susanr613