• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Training 101: Preparing for the 2010 Spring Launch!

In summary, the person is excited for the 2010 Spring Launch in Raleigh and plans to bring a comfortable bag, a notebook/pen, biz cards, a bottle of water, and a sweater. They will also have cash/cc and will probably bring a small digital camera.
KCPChef
Hello! This will be my first ever PC training of any kind! I am going to Raleigh for the 2010 Spring Launch! I am super excited! I was wondering if tehre is anything in particular that I need to come with. And if I need cash or anything? I wasn;t sure what to expect! Any ideas are helpful as I will be a ways from home. Thanks so much! Cannot wait for February 6th!!!

I too will be in Raleigh! I plan on taking a comfortable bag (or backpack- whichever you prefer) to carry my essential personal items, a notebook/pen(s), biz cards (you'll meet/network with new people), a bottle of water, and a sweater. I will have cash/cc of course- as always, but I don't think we'll need it necessarily for anything specific while AT the convention (maybe a drink??). They are providing lunch for us. I will probably also bring a small digital camera.Make sure your bag has enough room you can put the freebies in it- remember we'll be getting mini-catalogs, a new product, the new Season's Best, and who knows if you'll get anything else...but when I went to NC, the large tote bag they gave us (a bit larger than the Catalog tote) was sufficient to carry all of my stuff.Depending on where you are parking- you may want to have cash for that for sure! Most of the parking decks now have machines you feed cash. Some still have attendants, but they don't always take credit/debit cards. So be sure to have cash for that if you'll be parking.Also, go to this website to get a map of the area. http://www.raleighconvention.com/raleigh-downtown-city-map.php
Not sure if you are staying downtown or driving in, but having a map will be handy! This webpage above has a map you can download.
There are several one-way streets downtown, and a good downtown map with parking listed will be most useful! There are several parking decks within 1-2 blocks of the convention center, so that shouldn't be a huge issue- just sometimes getting to them can be tricky with a few construction areas down there and the one-ways. I've circled a block a time or two to get on the right side. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations!

A pad of paper, pen, and business cards are pretty standard. Lunch is included, so you won't need any cash for that. You might take along a sweater if you get chilled easily.

This is the first time they've done this kind of meeting, so none of us knows exactly what to expect. From what I can see, it doesn't appear that there will be an opportunity to purchase any additional new supplies. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt to have your PC credit card with you.

If you're traveling with others it's a good idea to talk to them to see if they plan to stop somewhere for dinner after the meeting. If so, find out whether they're talking fast food or a sit-down dinner.

BTW, I did contact the HO to ask basically the same question. I was told, "You do not have to take anything but if you want maybe notebook, pens, water, sweater ......and a great attitude to capture the great news."

Looks like we were typing at the same time. :)

OK Great! THANKS!!!! I am so excited! i do not have any of the cute PC stuff or business cards yet, but I guess that I will manage! I might be able to print something up in case someone needs my information. Is that too cheesy? I had no idea we would be getting mini catalogs etc! Thats exciting! Thanks again for your help!

I print my own, so I can't see anything cheesy about that. :) You probably have software that offers a business card template. I'm a big believer that the simpler it is the better.

yeah- my first ones were on my computer. Most of what I give out now are the freebies I made through VistaPrint (but you probably won't have time to get them between now and the 6th ...hard to say).

I do recommend the sweater or light jacket. I always carry one just in case. The bottle of water is always a plus to have and I love trading business cards while networking!
I will be at the meeting in Raleigh also. I think there are about 30 from our Cluster going. I just hope my Chef Success button arrives in time so I can wear it. I want to be able to meet you all! :)
This was my birthday gift to myself...February 2nd is my birthday.
I always get so excited before our meetings like this. Kinda reminds me of when I was a kid at Christmas, the waiting is the hardest part.

Happy birthday just a little early, Tonia. What a great way to treat yourself.

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the Chef Success button?

ChefAnn created a few Chef Success buttons through Cafe Press. Many of us wear them at events so we can find one another.

lovescooking said:
I do recommend the sweater or light jacket. I always carry one just in case. The bottle of water is always a plus to have and I love trading business cards while networking!
I will be at the meeting in Raleigh also. I think there are about 30 from our Cluster going. I just hope my Chef Success button arrives in time so I can wear it. I want to be able to meet you all! :)
This was my birthday gift to myself...February 2nd is my birthday.
I always get so excited before our meetings like this. Kinda reminds me of when I was a kid at Christmas, the waiting is the hardest part.

I will not be in Raleigh but my birthday is Feb 3rd and the weekend will be a bit of a celebration. I have a friend that lives close to Hartford and her birthday is the 14th so we'll be going out Saturday after meeting! I'm very excited too.

Happy birthday wishes to Katie and Tonia. Mine was Monday. My best friend's birthday is Feb.3 too.

If anyone got the new tote that would be a great bag that you could take with you. This is the one that I am going to be taking. I make my own business cards and don't think that they are cheesy one bit. I found some clip art of an apron that I put on it. I am going to the Omaha, NE one and am looking forward to it. So much fun is waiting for us.

I will be watching for you and your cute dots tote in Omaha, NE. I hope my tote arrives in time. I can't wait!

KCPChef said:
Hello! This will be my first ever PC training of any kind! I am going to Raleigh for the 2010 Spring Launch! I am super excited! I was wondering if tehre is anything in particular that I need to come with. And if I need cash or anything? I wasn;t sure what to expect! Any ideas are helpful as I will be a ways from home. Thanks so much! Cannot wait for February 6th!!!

This will be my first meeting too and I'm excited! I was hoping we could buy logo stuff at the meetings ... thanks for bringing up the question. Good tips on what to bring! I also learned in a previous post NOT to wear jeans! :) Thank goodness I asked because I would probably have worn therm - we're pretty casual around here! :eek: I too, do not have BC, but I'll make do. Good idea to bring a tote to put stuff in. :)
Thanks everyone for your tips!

cookingwithdot said:
This will be my first meeting too and I'm excited! I was hoping we could buy logo stuff at the meetings ... thanks for bringing up the question. Good tips on what to bring! I also learned in a previous post NOT to wear jeans! :) Thank goodness I asked because I would probably have worn therm - we're pretty casual around here! :eek: I too, do not have BC, but I'll make do. Good idea to bring a tote to put stuff in. :)
Thanks everyone for your tips!

Wear comfy clothes/shoes...but jeans are frowned upon (although, I saw PLENTY of people wearing jeans, and T-shirts- many of them the "homemade/printed" kind - like "My DCB is better than your crockpot." )

You'll want to look the part- because others not associated with the biz will be watching. Alot of "non-PC" folks will be at these events too or nearby. Why not make a good impression? :D

Do a search in the files for business cards. There are some great ones that are a microsoft word document or a PDF. Can't remember which.

Oh, what the heck. Here are mine.

Attachments

• Business cards with pictures.doc
    215 KB · Views: 746
Di_Can_Cook said:

LOL...too funny. :)

I'll be in Raleigh also! 6 of my consultants will be there with me and I'm not sure of the count from our greater cluster but it's a good long list. I hope I see you guys!!!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Do a search in the files for business cards. There are some great ones that are a microsoft word document or a PDF. Can't remember which.

These are great - thanks! Do you just take the file to Office Max or Office Depot and have them print in color on card stock?

I along with a bunch of my sister hospitality group will be there as well. Three of us are driving down Friday night and spending the night. I love girl time!!! :)

quiverfull7 said:
I'll be in Raleigh also! 6 of my consultants will be there with me and I'm not sure of the count from our greater cluster but it's a good long list. I hope I see you guys!!!

I will be sure to look for you. My husband works for a company there and they have been after us to relocate. When we move I will need a Hospitality Director.

I'll have my big Chef Success button on too.

raebates said:
ChefAnn created a few Chef Success buttons through Cafe Press. Many of us wear them at events so we can find one another.

Thanks for covering that one...kinda dealing with dental issues.:yuck:
But today that got taken care of, now I am just sore.
I hate having dental work done.:(

Thanks a bunch for the birthday wishes! I bright spot in my day.:)

Oh wow! Had never thought of not wearing jeans! Thanks for the tip! I would have shown up in jeans and a sweater to be comforatble- that's just me though! I will dress better now though! Thanks so much! I would have really looked like a newbie haha! I wish my director told me these things!!!!

KCPChef said:
Oh wow! Had never thought of not wearing jeans! Thanks for the tip! I would have shown up in jeans and a sweater to be comforatble- that's just me though! I will dress better now though! Thanks so much! I would have really looked like a newbie haha! I wish my director told me these things!!!!

Don't bet on it- you'd probably blend in. You'll be surprised *and probably a bit irked* by how many DO show in jeans and t-shirts/sweaters. But you will definitely look more professional if you are dressed nicer!

cookingwithdot said:
These are great - thanks! Do you just take the file to Office Max or Office Depot and have them print in color on card stock?

You can print them on business card paper that you buy at Office Max / Office Depot yourself. That's what I do!

Yup, me too! They look great on white biz card stock with a color printer.I am probably bringing black jeans along but also will have my dress pants on from the night before. Will probably see how others are dressed and go from there! I never understood the ban on jeans but the invite to wear t-shirts. Hello? Which is more casual? A nice pair of dark wash jeans or a sweater?

yeah, and t-shirts usually are worn with jeans! :)
Well, these days, I hardly dress up for anything, so it will be nice to wear something a little dressier than jeans or yoga pants!

I follow the rules for no denim at NC. However, I haven't seen anything official from the HO about no denim for the Spring Launch. I plan to wear trouser-style denim (dressy jeans) with a dressy jacket.

cookingwithdot said:
yeah, and t-shirts usually are worn with jeans! :)
Well, these days, I hardly dress up for anything, so it will be nice to wear something a little dressier than jeans or yoga pants!

I already have a outfit picked out for SL. I can't wait to actually dress up. Around here I used to and people would remind me it wasn't Sunday or ask where I was going. I sooo love looking professional.

Hi all, so this is my first ever PC event. We've covered what to bring and what to wear, but what should I expect? I notice we don't have any sort of itinerary?

We don't know. This is the first time they've ever done one of these. We're all as in the dark as you. Isn't that exciting?

I know that sounds sarcastic, but I really love surprises. Since I like to be uber prepared, that probably surprises some people. :)

Not sarcastic at all! I'm glad I'm not the only clueless one then....haha!! :)

I'm with you, I like to plan down to the last minute, but sometimes a surprise is nice!

raebates said:
I follow the rules for no denim at NC. However, I haven't seen anything official from the HO about no denim for the Spring Launch. I plan to wear trouser-style denim (dressy jeans) with a dressy jacket.

Actually, I just got a new pair of dressy looking jeans, and I was thinking it would be nice to wear them on the train down and back...(and not having to pack a 2nd pair...just wear the jeans both days) so I am planning on wearing those with a shell and dressy sweater/jacket.

Then we'll be dressed similarly. Too bad we won't be at the same event.

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually, I just got a new pair of dressy looking jeans, and I was thinking it would be nice to wear them on the train down and back...(and not having to pack a 2nd pair...just wear the jeans both days) so I am planning on wearing those with a shell and dressy sweater/jacket.

I was actually lamenting over the fact that I really don't want to wear slacks. Since we've gone to a casual dress code at work, I have less choice in slacks, and with the newest life change, I don't fit into most of them very welll. But knowing the fabulous Becky D and Rae will be wearing jeans, I won't feel as guilty :D

Well, I got an email from my director instructing us no jeans. I left her a message to give me a call. I'm curious why she's saying that, since I've not been able to find that instruction anywhere. I also plan to lobby for my "denim trousers." I'll go with dress slacks if she insists, but I'm going to lobby hard for my choice.

Any cheffers other than me going to be in Atlanta?

Chefstover2 said:

I wanted to post a poll (with the names of the people responding showing) listing the launch cities. However, I couldn't figure out how to create a poll AND there are 21 sites and you can only put 20 in a poll.

So if you're out there and have the time, inclination and knowledge, feel free to post such a poll. Be sure we can see who is going where.

I'll be there Kristen, and Linda (pamperedlinda) will be as well. We have a thread going somehwere... I'm sure if you search the site for "Atlanta" you'll find it. :)

Chefstover2 said:

Me and Noora and Jane will be there that I know of. Kristin - we HAVE to meet!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
Me and Noora and Jane will be there that I know of. Kristin - we HAVE to meet!!!!

Yes we do!!! I'll pm you my cell #.

Has anyone seen the registration numbers for the cities recently? Just curious how full the various places are now.

I talked with my director. She meant to make sure we're dressed nice. She knows I will be, so I'll definitely be wearing my denim trousers. :)

I got nothing from my director, so black jeans it is! Unless my ride vetoes my wardrobe choice in the morning, that is!

Pamperedlinda & Noora I will be in Atlant too! I am excited...except for the 6-8 hour long car ride;)

I'll be in Atlanta! Coming down Friday night but not sure how late we will get in! See ya'll there! Anyone else have a Chef Success button to wear?

1. What should I bring with me to the Pampered Chef 2010 Spring Launch training?

It is recommended that you bring a notebook and pen for taking notes, as well as any training materials or handouts provided by Pampered Chef. You may also want to bring a water bottle and snacks, as well as cash for any purchases you may want to make during the event.

2. Do I need any previous training or experience to attend this event?

No, this training is designed for all levels of Consultants, so no previous experience is necessary. It will cover everything you need to know to prepare for the 2010 Spring Launch.

3. Will there be any hands-on activities during the training?

Yes, there will be hands-on activities and demonstrations to help you learn and practice new techniques and skills. You may also have the opportunity to try out new products.

4. Is there a dress code for the training?

We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and shoes, as there may be some standing and movement involved in the training. You may also want to bring a sweater or jacket in case the room is cool.

5. Can I bring a guest or family member with me to the training?

The training is only open to registered Consultants, so unfortunately guests and family members cannot attend. However, they are welcome to attend the 2010 Spring Launch event with you if they purchase a ticket.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Poll
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann