• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Women's Expo: Preparing for Spring Cash & Carry Sales

In summary, the Women's Expo coordinator wants attendees to invest in small items to sell in order to build their team and generate leads. Some people here swear by cash and carry while others never do it. If you're nervous about the investment, do as Melissa suggested and get things that you can use as door prizes. Small things usually sell best anyway.
jenniwest04
I'm doing a Women's Expo at the end of March--We're supposed to "think Spring" for Easter and Mother's Day and the coordinator wants us to "have the opportunity to build your team along with selling cash and carry items."

I've never done cash and carry and am a bit nervous at investing upfront and not selling anything.

Any tips? Any items in particular that you think I should have to sell right then and there.

I'd love any advice!

I woulod say buy things that you can use as hostess gifts and door prizes. The quickcut knife...scrapers, season's best etc... small price points.

My opinion is, don't do anything you're not comfortable with just because the coordinator wants you to.

If you do get some C & C, I agree, make it small stuff.

Some people here seem to swear buy carrying C & C, others seem to NEVER do it. Personally, I don't think I would, but you need to decide for yourself.

Others can give you ideas of what has sold well for them.

Some events are great for Cash and Carry, some aren't. If you're nervous about the investment, do as Melissa suggested and get things that you can use as door prizes. Small things usually sell best anyway.Some of the items I've had luck with as cash and carry are: Quickut knives, SBRCs (especially retired ones), seasonings (although it's hard to guess which ones people will love) and the Mix 'N Chop.

I do 2 Farmer's Markets (Sat & Sun) during Spring, Summer & Fall. and I have Cash & Carry- Mix & Chops, Season's Best, mini-spatulas, spices. For me, the C&C items get them to my booth, so I can talk with them about bookings, the biz opp, that sort of thing. I do take orders, and I do book TONS, as well as recruit leads. I have never done them without C&C items, so I have nothing to compare to.

mrssyvo said:
I do 2 Farmer's Markets (Sat & Sun) during Spring, Summer & Fall. and I have Cash & Carry- Mix & Chops, Season's Best, mini-spatulas, spices. For me, the C&C items get them to my booth, so I can talk with them about bookings, the biz opp, that sort of thing. I do take orders, and I do book TONS, as well as recruit leads. I have never done them without C&C items, so I have nothing to compare to.

So do you just order as a personal order and charge the catalog listed price? And how do you deal with local sales tax?

Bumping this up - I've been thinking about this for an upcoming booth. I'm sure we'd sell things but am too wondering about price and tax if I've paid for everything ahead of time with my discount.

Officially, if ordering for cash and carry, there's a specific procedure to follow. It's outlined in the policies. We are not supposed to charge more than regular price for items. When I price cash and carry, I price them at the regular price plus tax (if applicable), then round to an even amount.

I am doing cash & carry at a booth beginning April. I ordered things I liked so if not able to sell I will eventually add them to my kitchen..

I just did my weekend craft/expo sale for 3 days. Did not have any C&C items, sure wish I did. Most asked for idtems were the mini spatulas, quik cut paring knives and the garlic press. So I took orders and told people that as long as they lived in the local area I would deliver when the items came in. People were very excited and very appreciative. I have collected almost $400 in orders. If nothing else, I have built a small repor with people and they will think of me first when needing something else. At least thats what I'm telling myself. lol Can always write off the mileage too!!!!!

The one and only time I did cash and carry was at the last booth I did. I've been in the business for over two years so I just took everything extra I had around my office. I ended up selling around $60. I personally would never buy products just to try to sell them.

I've found that little things sell, bigger things, not always so much. Take orders for it if you can.Mini serving spatulas, corn butterers, mix and chop and quickcut paring knives sell.We usually round up to cover the cost of tax and people don't blink.My director has a larger amount of cash and carry and she loans it to us and makes us order it in to replace it.

Cash n carry does get interest and the items mentioned are the hot ones. I also suggest that you simply bring some things that you don't want anymore (discontinued), things that you are purchasing as gifts or for your own kitchen, and items that you have that you really haven't used. Anything used, mark it that way. This gives you the variety without the upfront cost. I do carry cash n carry at all of my booths, but I tell customers not to expect it from every PC booth so they aren't disappointed. Offering a ordering deal helps too. I usually charge $4.25 and cover the direct shipping upgrade unless they live in my town.

Another idea is to grab some things from the outlet. Not so expensive, but look good!

Definitely don't do something you're not comfortable with. Added stress isn't helpful.

What is the Women's Expo: Preparing for Spring Cash & Carry Sales?

The Women's Expo: Preparing for Spring Cash & Carry Sales is a trade show event specifically geared towards women who are interested in starting or expanding their direct sales business. The event focuses on providing training, resources, and networking opportunities for women in the direct sales industry.

Who can attend the Women's Expo?

The Women's Expo is open to all women who are interested in direct sales, whether they are just starting out or have been in the industry for years. It is also open to those who are simply looking for new products and services to enhance their personal lives. Men are also welcome to attend as guests.

What is the purpose of the Women's Expo?

The Women's Expo is designed to help women in the direct sales industry prepare for the upcoming spring season by providing them with the necessary tools and resources to increase their sales and grow their business. It also serves as a platform for networking and connecting with other women in the industry.

What can I expect to find at the Women's Expo?

At the Women's Expo, you can expect to find a variety of vendors and exhibitors showcasing their products and services, as well as training sessions and workshops focused on topics such as sales strategies, social media marketing, and product demonstrations. There will also be opportunities for networking and connecting with other women in the industry.

How can I register for the Women's Expo?

You can register for the Women's Expo by visiting our website or by contacting our team directly. Registration fees may apply and vary depending on the event location and package options. Early registration is recommended as space is limited.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • dessertMama
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies