• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Booth Sales with Top Cash and Carry Items | Tips for Beginners

In summary, selling "cash and carry" items at a booth is not allowed by the company. If you want to do this, you need to get permission from a higher up, and you may only be able to do it if you have a regular booth.
pcladyofms
Ok... I am new to the sight so there may be a thread somewhere on here but I havent seen one on cash and carry items. I did a booth last year and it was horrible. I didnt have any cash and carry items and most people there were looking for something to buy. My question is, what are some good cash and carry items to sell at booths?

You can see similar threads below. I personally do not do cash and carry unless it's extra product I have on hand.

I don't sell "cash & carry" items at booths. To me, one of the joys of my Pampered Chef business is not having inventory. I think, for the most part, people understand that when they are dealing with our products they'll need to place an order.

chefjeanine said:
I don't sell "cash & carry" items at booths. To me, one of the joys of my Pampered Chef business is not having inventory. I think, for the most part, people understand that when they are dealing with our products they'll need to place an order.

Ditto.

And when someone asks me to do a booth, and says that I'm required to have cash and carry items - I decline the booth.

I am one of the few that does Cash 'n Carry because I have a regular booth every Saturday. Here is what usually sells at my booth:

Mini-Serving Spatula, All Purpose Spreader, Citrus Peeler, Bamboo spoons, Twixit Clips, Seasoning mixes, Rubs, Sauces, Scrapers, Season's Best Cookbooks, Quikut Paring Knives, Corn Cob Knobs (sells at a farmer's market), Micro Cookers, Scrapers, Peelers (vegetable and serrated), Garlic Peeler/Slicer, Garlic Press

Now, don't think I have all of this at the same time. If people want something you don't have, simply say "We have almost 400 products and we are not required to keep an inventory. These items available on my table are "first come, first served". However, I would be happy to order you anything you want and as my customer, you can take advantage of the monthly special with your order."

Hope this helps.

I usually have a small stash of things for Cash and Carry. Like Danielle, mostly small popular items. The guarantee doesn't always transfer on those items (which can be totally dependent on which customer service person you talk to at HO). And I use that as an "excuse" with customers, along with the "out of all the items in our catalog, I never know exactly what people are going to want" line.

I also do cash and carry. One big seller is the mix n chop, vegetable peelers and mini serving spatula. Plus anything estra I may have earned or have extra off. Good luck!!

How do you ladies order your cash and carry items? at 20% off on a personal order? I was thinking of doing cash and carry at my boutiques for now on. After today at my boutique I had 4 people who just wanted to order the mini spatula. So can you give me some advice on how to get the most bang for your buck on cash and carry items. The items I was thinking of were mini spatula, veggie peeler, wine pourer/stopper (I sell many of these all the time) etc. small items. And then of course the usuals we can get on the supply order... TIA

Sometimes, when I'm desparate to make a show qualify, I'll resort to making an order, reasoning that I get commission on it. I'd much rather do that than place a personal non-commission order. Or I'll toss it onto the host's order if I'm hosting my own show and get the discount AND commission.Usually, it's just the free stuff I get when I have my own show, or discounted supplies when I'm making an order, like a pack of Season's Bests. And sometimes they put vintage mini spatulas on the outlet.Bamboo spoons, mix & chops, scrapers and the little items mentioned are all big favorites. Even vintage scrapers and towels from surprise boxes are sold at fairs.

OK. I want to say something here as a WARNING! If you heed that warning that is your decision but do not talk about it here! We all know HO has someone checking things out here once in a while. IT IS AGAINST COMPANY POLICY TO RESELL OUR PRODUCTS! In other words, you can not buy stuff on a party then turn around and sell it! Especially current products! I found that out when I asked about a couple of ladies who wanted to buy a bunch of HWC products then wanted to know if they could return HWC products if they did not sell all of them to their friends. I had to ask because I thought that was a no, no. AND IT IS. I got quite a stern warning about doing that!

Refer the page 13 of the updated consultant business guide online. There is a section titled Personal Inventory that does indeed allow for us to resell at booths, etc.

Getting close to gift giving time, I do a lot of my shopping at the craft fairs that I have a booth at. Instead of paying for gifts, I ask if there's something in my booth that they would like to have as a trade.

I have done one booth with cash & carry. I'm lucky my director has developed an inventory that we can borrow. The deal is, she wants the items replaced, not the money. After the booth is over, we submit a party to replace everything sold. I worked with another consultant. We split the sales. She got one, I got the next. We split the leads too. It worked well for us.

PamperedMacGyver, you and John are both right, but neither of you gave the full story (emphasis mine):

Personal Inventory
Although it is not required, you may choose to carry a small
amount of inventory occasionally when exhibiting at a fair
or for other special purposes. Personal inventory orders must
be placed separately from any other order, via paper only
To order items for personal inventory:
• Use a sales receipt, and write Personal Inventory Order
at the top.
You must order at least six of an item.
• Follow the steps in the Personal Orders section.
• Because you will be reselling these items, calculate the
appropriate sales tax on the total of the retail order
before the discount.
• Determine applicable shipping charges from the individual
shipping schedule on the back of the sales receipt.
Note:
• No commission will be paid on personal inventory
purchases.
Merchandise is nonrefundable, except upon termination
of the Independent Consultant Agreement. Refer to
your agreement for details

1. What are "Cash and Carry Items"?

Cash and Carry Items are products that are available for immediate purchase and pick-up at our Pampered Chef retail stores. These items are not available for shipping and can only be purchased in-store.

2. Can I use my consultant discount on Cash and Carry Items?

Yes, you can use your consultant discount on Cash and Carry Items. However, please note that the discount cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.

3. What is the return policy for Cash and Carry Items?

Cash and Carry Items are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged. Please make sure to carefully inspect the item before purchasing.

4. Are all Pampered Chef products available as Cash and Carry Items?

No, not all Pampered Chef products are available as Cash and Carry Items. Only select products are available for purchase in-store.

5. Can I order Cash and Carry Items online?

No, Cash and Carry Items can only be purchased in-store. They are not available for online ordering or shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefForrester
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • SPAMSTIME