• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booth Sales Tax License: Tips for Cash and Carry and Taking Orders

In summary, if you want to do cash and carry or take orders at booths and you are required to have a sales tax license, you may need to contact Career Solutions at HO for more information.
jj16
Gold Member
What do you do when you want to do cash and carry or take orders at booths and you are required to have a sales tax license? I don't know how to handle this?

Thanks

Judy:confused:
:eek:

Try calling Career Solutions at HO. I think they have something for that purpose.

You operate under you own SSN. You don't need a tax license otherwise, though you may opt to get a business license (UBI number) if you choose - typically $100-225 plus nominal annual fees.A UBI number does give you some benefits - talk to your tax person and/or business attorney.HO offers an insurance document. I'm not aware of any tax aids.

I did a booth last night and vendors were required to buy a business license for the town the event was in. When she came to my booth and I said I sold Pampered Chef, she automatically knew that DS companies like PC have corporate licenses that cover us.

Stephanie

First off I want to thank everyone for your help. I am doing 2 Farmer's Market Booths and one Special Events Booth.

Every town is different. Every place is different.

One of them you are not required to have a food handler's license. At one they are telling me that if money is exchanged at the market then it has to have that Sales Tax. The other one is telling me that if I want to take orders and finalize the following day I can do that. One of them I can either purchase a one time event city sales tax for $50 or I can purchase an annual for $12. I was told that is for the people who come set up for a day and are gone the next. Some want to see the Demonstrator's Liability Insurance that you can print off of Downloads and some are okay with just the State Sales tax.

Be nice and have an attitude of servitude and it will take you far.

Judy

What is a Booth Sales Tax License?

A Booth Sales Tax License, also known as a temporary sales tax license or special event sales tax license, is a permit that allows vendors to collect and remit sales tax on products sold at a specific event or location, such as a craft fair or farmers market.

Do I need a Booth Sales Tax License to sell Pampered Chef products at events?

Yes, if you are selling Pampered Chef products at events where you are physically present, you will need to obtain a Booth Sales Tax License. This is required by most states in the US in order to collect and remit sales tax on your sales.

How do I obtain a Booth Sales Tax License?

The process for obtaining a Booth Sales Tax License varies by state. In most cases, you will need to apply for the license through the state's department of revenue or taxation. You may also need to provide information such as your business name, address, and tax ID number. Some states may also require a fee to be paid for the license.

Is a Booth Sales Tax License different from a regular sales tax license?

Yes, a Booth Sales Tax License is different from a regular sales tax license. A regular sales tax license is typically required for businesses that have a physical presence in a state and make sales to customers within that state. A Booth Sales Tax License is only required for temporary sales at specific events or locations.

What happens if I do not have a Booth Sales Tax License?

If you are selling Pampered Chef products at events without a Booth Sales Tax License, you may be subject to penalties and fines from the state. It is important to obtain the necessary licenses and permits in order to comply with state tax laws and avoid any potential legal issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies