• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Your First Booth: Tips & Tricks

In summary, the booth was free, so she won't be out of pocket. She sold a few things and booked four parties.
SPAMSTIME
When you do a booth do you have food samples? have cash and carry? if you do cash and carry do you charge catalog price? add sales tax?? My first booth is tomorrow I am a little nervous but think it will go OK. The booth was free so I wont be out and thing but time I guess.

SPAMSTIME said:
When you do a booth do you have food samples? have cash and carry? if you do cash and carry do you charge catalog price? add sales tax?? My first booth is tomorrow I am a little nervous but think it will go OK. The booth was free so I wont be out and thing but time I guess.
I would NOT do food samples. You are not selling food....plus, many events have special licenses/rules for Food Vendors. It's easier to NOT. People would jus tstop by to eat your food anyway and then you wasted money.Cash & Carry. I've had extra items, like door prizes/Season's Best, etc. But I would NOT order specifically for your booth. I made that mistake once. I still have 98% of the items in my closet! (fortunately, mostly pantry items, so easy gifts and things I use in my own kitchen). I don't do alot...because you won't know what to carry for folks. Everyone wants something different. That's why I only bring extras and stick them in a basket.Prices on Cash/Carry.....I answered this in the ChatBox before seeing your thread. It really depends on how much you want to make. You can have a "sale", and maybe have it "Tax Free" or $$ off Shipping, and then charge the regular book price. Or you can do a % off, OR just charge what it would normally cost. Last booth, I did a "Fair Special" of 10% off. But it might attract more to phrase it "Tax Free" or something like that. It balanced out to the same. Just calculate what it costs YOU and then figure out how much you can afford to mark it down. You will of course have to pay the Shipping and Sales tax. I wouldn't offer free shipping though if you can't be sure you'll have enough for a show.Booths are for getting BOOKING and REcruit leads..They VERY RARELY result in much of anything for sales!No offense though- but if your booth is tomorrow, isn't it kind of late to be asking this now?? Girl... Just put out your products, have your drawing slips ready, and READ THIS THREAD. Great tips and things you'll want to implement sooner rather than later ;) Good Luck!http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/things-ive-learned-doing-booth-table-51121/

Thanks I have been reading all the post on here and listened to the audio on cc. I think I was just having last min nerves LOL But I did the booth and sold a few things I had on hand, took a couple orders and booked 4 parties and had 2 maybes not to bad since they did not have but maybe 30 people show up!! I also took some pics and going to post them. I did get to add a smaller table and spread things out a little after I took the pics but maybe someone can get an idea or 2 from my pics. Just trying to help I know I checked out all the booth table pics I could find to get ideas. Thanks for all the help from everyone with past posts and pics.

Here are my booth pics

Attachments

• booth pics 9-18-10 003.jpg
    booth pics 9-18-10 003.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 530
  • booth pics 9-18-10 002.jpg
    booth pics 9-18-10 002.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 461
  • booth pics 9-18-10 001.jpg
    booth pics 9-18-10 001.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 497
  • booth pics 9-18-10 004.jpg
    booth pics 9-18-10 004.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 482
Hi there! Congratulations on your first booth tomorrow! That's so exciting! To answer your questions, yes, it's always a good idea to have food samples at your booth. It entices potential customers to try your products and can lead to more sales. As for cash and carry, you can definitely offer that option. You can charge the catalog price for those items, and don't forget to add sales tax as well. It's always a good idea to have a calculator handy to make sure you are accurately charging the correct amount. Don't worry about being nervous, it's completely normal. Just remember to be confident in your products and have fun with it. Best of luck at your booth tomorrow!

What are some essential items to bring to my first booth?

Some essential items to bring to your first booth include: a tablecloth, business cards, product samples, order forms, and a way to collect payments (such as a credit card reader or cash box).

How should I set up my booth to make it visually appealing?

To make your booth visually appealing, be sure to use height and depth to your advantage by using different levels, such as shelves or risers. Use eye-catching colors and signage to draw attention to your products. Also, make sure your booth is well-lit and clutter-free.

What are some tips for engaging with customers at my booth?

Some tips for engaging with customers at your booth include making eye contact, smiling, and greeting them as they approach. Be knowledgeable about your products and ready to answer any questions. Offer product demonstrations and samples to entice customers.

How can I track my sales and follow-up with potential customers?

It's important to have a system in place for tracking your sales and following up with potential customers. Consider using a spreadsheet or customer relationship management software to keep track of orders and contact information. Also, be sure to follow up with customers after the event to thank them for their purchase and offer any future promotions.

What are some ways to attract more foot traffic to my booth?

To attract more foot traffic to your booth, consider offering a special promotion or discount for event attendees. Use social media to promote your booth before the event and encourage customers to stop by. You can also collaborate with other vendors or offer a fun activity at your booth to draw in more people.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Jules711
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah