• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Selling at a Booth? Questions About Pricing, Sales Tax & Shipping

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of cash and carry items at a booth and how to price and handle tax and shipping. The general consensus is that having cash and carry items is beneficial for attracting customers, and popular items include mini spatulas, mix n chops, cookbooks, and spices. Some people charge tax and shipping, while others offer special deals to make it easier for customers. Overall, having cash and carry items helps to generate more interest and potential sales at a booth.
Dawnie2561
Im new at this need some help...First time at a booth with cash and carry items...How do I price things? Sales Tax? Shipping? Help...

I haven't done cash and carry but I'm assuming it would just be price of the item plus sales tax based on tax guide for city you live in, no shipping since you have it right there to give them. Hope that helps.

Cash and carry: I charge regular price with tax. and I eat the shipping, but I let them know I am not charging them shipping..then they feel they are getting something extra. Hard part is guessing what they want to purchase. I sometimes buy this.. and they want that.. and then buy that and they want this.. lol mini spatulas, new chirstmas cookbook, mix n chops are usually good. And spices.

I don't charge tax or shipping. Much easier to add for me. I also offer free upgrade to direct s/h for orders. So I charge as though it's a show and pay for the extra. It's worth it not to do the deliveries.I agree with Mini Serv Spatulas, Mix n Chop & Holiday cookbook. Twix-its & Quikut Paring Knives are popular too. Skinny scrapers & batter bowls have been popular for me lately. I also love to bring discontinued things. They are discounted, of course, and some people have been looking for these things! OH and Season's Bests!It really depends on the booth. The number of people coming, etc. I do a huge one with over 300 booths so that one is much different from the smaller 25 or so vendor ones I do. Good luck!!

Is the booth requiring you to do Cash and Carry? If not then I personally wouldn't have any cash and carry items.

They are not requiring it. Just lots of ppl who walk thru in a days time. Maybe strike more interest if they could carry something out. I already have a few regulars who want to pick up some things that day if I was goin to have them on hand...

I just did a booth yesterday and got the most requests for:
Mix N Chop
SB
Mini serving spatula
Seasonings

I have cash & carry, and I put a tag on each item, catalog price plus shipping, and round to the nearest nickel, (that way I am not dealing with pennies). I do Farmer's Markets in season, and I find that cash & carry helps to get them to the booth- which is my purpose for being there, getting contacts and bookings, but I find it is necessary to have the cash & carry to get them to spend any time there. Once they are at the booth, I am able to engage them in conversation, etc- but I find it hard to do that if they do not come.

I try to have mini-spatulas', season's best, mix & chops, cookbooks and spices. I do take several orders each day, and I will deliver to them as long as they are in the area. I explain that stoneware, cookware, forged cutlery, they will have the warranty receipt if ordered. I make sure they always have my contact info, so they can contact me if they have a problem with their purchase (cash & carry) and I have many repeat customers and referrals from this. I do not think I would do a booth without cash & carry.

I agree with Sue. I wouldn't do a booth without cash n carry either. When I attend expos I can't/don't do and a PC booth is there without cash n carry, people glance, but don't always stop, which tells me they just want the prize. My booth is always super busy b/c I have a variety of items (built up over time). People love to leave with something. Not every person buys but most people just have to stop.

1. What is the best way to determine pricing for my products at a booth?

The best way to determine pricing for your products at a booth is to consider the cost of materials, your time and labor, and any applicable fees or taxes. Researching the prices of similar products at other booths can also give you an idea of what customers are willing to pay. Ultimately, it's important to strike a balance between making a profit and keeping your prices competitive.

2. Do I need to charge sales tax on my products?

The answer to this question depends on your state's tax laws. In some states, certain products are exempt from sales tax, while others may require you to collect sales tax on all items sold. It's important to research and understand your state's tax laws and consult with a tax professional if necessary.

3. How should I handle shipping for products sold at a booth?

If you are selling products that will need to be shipped to customers, you can offer to ship the items for an additional fee or provide information on how customers can purchase and ship the items themselves. Alternatively, you can also offer the option for customers to purchase the products at the booth and have them shipped to their desired address at a later time.

4. Can I offer discounts or promotions at my booth?

Yes, you can offer discounts or promotions at your booth to attract customers and increase sales. However, it's important to carefully consider the impact of these discounts on your profit margins. Offering too many discounts may result in lower profits for your business.

5. How can I effectively track sales and inventory at my booth?

There are a few ways you can track sales and inventory at your booth. You can use a manual method, such as using a tally sheet to keep track of each item sold, or you can use a digital system, such as a mobile point-of-sale app, to track sales and inventory in real time. Whichever method you choose, it's important to stay organized and keep accurate records to ensure the success of your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • esavvymom