• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Christmas Cash and Carry Sales: Tips for Booth Success on 12/6

J
jillbean
I am working a booth on 12/6 that is geared specifically toward Christmas shopping. I've never been to the festival but have been in contact with a lady that is working the festival and she says it is really neat! There is caroling :sing: and things like that! I can't wait!! I L:love:VE CHRISTMAS!!
Anyway, since it is so close to Christmas and there will be so many booths that have products that you can buy that day, I am wondering about how much cash and carry I should have on hand.:confused:
I want to make some of the Batter Bowl Mixes, cake in a cup, cocoa cups and things like that as well as some "baskets" of items.
Since I've never done this booth I'm wondering how much to take. I don't want to overdo but I don't want to short myself either!! :confused:
Do you think that taking a few of each customized item and not selling the last of anything (until the end of the festiaval) and taking orders is good? Or would you take a picture of everything so that when an item is sold out that you can take orders. Obviously, I will have pictures of some things to make and won't have any of them on hand. I'll only have so much room! I will also have a binder with gift pachage ideas.
I had a GREAT binder with all of these pictures and descriptions and packages and things like that and it "walked off" at a booth I had earlier this month!! :cry:

Greta question. . . I would love to know too my daughter just brought home a flyer from the PTA the are doing a fair but was curious if I should or not. So thanks jillbean for asking.

I am doing several booth type events in Nov and Dec. I am planning on taking some mix n chops, holiday cookbooks, and a few other popular products that I have on hand, and then sell out of the catalog. The batter bowls are a nice idea, but how do you price the product inside, how do you deliver if they are from far away, etc?

I've posted the same info everytime I see the question :).Best cash n carry:
Mix n Chop
Mini Serv Spatulas
Scoops & batter bowls this time of year
Seasons Bests
Quikut Paring Knives
DISCONTINUED stuff. People love it!I've done food b/c I'm usually too busy to do it.

PamperChefCarol said:
I am doing several booth type events in Nov and Dec. I am planning on taking some mix n chops, holiday cookbooks, and a few other popular products that I have on hand, and then sell out of the catalog. The batter bowls are a nice idea, but how do you price the product inside, how do you deliver if they are from far away, etc?

If I took, say 5 of them, I would have them made and sell them there. If I run out I would just let people know that they can order the PC products needed and I can mail them instructions on how to make the customized items.
I would charge them for the cost of the products and what the other items cost. Of course if they are just ordering the products to make it themselves they would be paying for the products only.
I think I could have sold about 5 or 6 of the batter bowl mixes at a fair earlier this month. I took one to show and to take orders for the Holidays but everyone wanted the one I had on display!

I will have a few products on hand to sell but I thought a few Premade Gifts would be good as well. What do you all think?

Quick question on transporting the Batter Bowls. I made one of each for a show on Saturday and even though I had them packed pretty well, they still shifted around and didn't look as nice. Has anyone else had that problem? Does anyone have a solution to keep them looking good?

I transported mine several times before they began to look bad.
I haven't tried this yet but wouldn't parchment paper between the layers help?

lvanderw said:
Quick question on transporting the Batter Bowls. I made one of each for a show on Saturday and even though I had them packed pretty well, they still shifted around and didn't look as nice. Has anyone else had that problem? Does anyone have a solution to keep them looking good?

The two tips I can give for these is to make sure you're using the Small Batter Bowls as that is the ones the recipes are written for, and if you use those, it fills them almost all the way to the top. Second, I use the Meat Tenderizer to tamp down each layer, and they stay in place pretty well.

jillbean said:
I am working a booth on 12/6 that is geared specifically toward Christmas shopping. I've never been to the festival but have been in contact with a lady that is working the festival and she says it is really neat! There is caroling :sing: and things like that! I can't wait!! I L:love:VE CHRISTMAS!!
Anyway, since it is so close to Christmas and there will be so many booths that have products that you can buy that day, I am wondering about how much cash and carry I should have on hand.:confused:
I want to make some of the Batter Bowl Mixes, cake in a cup, cocoa cups and things like that as well as some "baskets" of items.
Since I've never done this booth I'm wondering how much to take. I don't want to overdo but I don't want to short myself either!! :confused:
Do you think that taking a few of each customized item and not selling the last of anything (until the end of the festiaval) and taking orders is good? Or would you take a picture of everything so that when an item is sold out that you can take orders. Obviously, I will have pictures of some things to make and won't have any of them on hand. I'll only have so much room! I will also have a binder with gift pachage ideas.
I had a GREAT binder with all of these pictures and descriptions and packages and things like that and it "walked off" at a booth I had earlier this month!! :cry:

What are those? - Can you please share? :)

I found a recipe on the net for the cake in a cup but I think there is one posted her as well. I'll see if I can dig it up.
You just put the dry ingred. for the cake or cocoa in a cup and then add some extras to make it look pretty. I'll add marshmellows to the cocoa cup along with a chocolate dipped spoon, and the mini whipper. I haven't made my mind about what I will put with the cake cups yet.

I've had a lot of luck selling even my tools that has been used at shows. That's why my stones always look new.
When you take orders, take into consideration where people live before you give them a final price. You might lose money on shipping.
Batter bowls, pizza stones, and spatulas are always hot items. If you have any stoneware thats still new in the box, I would bring it. People are always looking for a wedding shower present.

I agree with Bobby. Last year when the handles on the pizza cutter and several other tools were changed, I sold the ones that I had been using in my kit. I simply marked the price down qutie a bit and labeled them as "demoed". I also sell discontinued items as cash and carry at holiday booths.

1. How much cash and carry should I have on hand?

It is always a good idea to have a variety of cash and carry items available at your booth. These can include popular items that are easy to grab and go, such as pre-made gift baskets or smaller gift items. It is recommended to have enough cash and carry items to cover at least the first few hours of the festival, but not so much that it becomes overwhelming or takes up too much space in your booth. Consider your budget and the size of your booth when deciding how much cash and carry to bring.

2. Should I take a few of each customized item and take orders for the rest?

This can be a good strategy for maximizing sales and minimizing the amount of inventory you need to bring. However, it is important to consider the time it takes to fulfill orders and make sure you have enough time to do so before the end of the festival. It may also be helpful to have a backup plan in case you run out of a popular item and need to quickly make more.

3. Should I take pictures of everything and take orders for sold out items?

Taking pictures of your products can be a great way to showcase what you have to offer and attract customers. If you anticipate selling out of certain items, it is a good idea to have a backup plan in place for taking orders. This could include having a list or notebook for customers to write down their contact information and the item they want to order, or having a tablet or computer available for customers to place orders on the spot.

4. How can I prevent products from being stolen at my booth?

Unfortunately, theft can happen at events like festivals. To prevent this, it is important to always have someone at your booth to watch over your products. You can also consider using security tags or locking display cases for more expensive items. It may also be helpful to have a sign at your booth reminding customers to be mindful of their belongings and to report any suspicious activity.

5. What types of gift packages should I offer?

Gift packages can be a great way to upsell and offer customers a convenient way to purchase multiple items at once. Consider offering packages based on themes, such as "cozy night in" or "baking essentials," or offering a mix-and-match option where customers can choose their own items to create a personalized gift package. Don't forget to also offer gift wrapping services for an additional fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MeredithG
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MeredithG
  • FancyChef