• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Perfect Cash-N-Carry Gifts for Christmas Markets | Tips & Ideas"

In summary, the conversation revolves around suggestions for what products to bring to vendor markets for cash-n-carry sales. Some suggestions include popular kitchen tools like can openers, scrapers, mix-n-chops, and batter bowls, as well as gift packages and stocking stuffers like the Kernel Cutter and stainless whisk. Other suggestions include bundling products with appropriate spices and cookbooks, and offering delivery options for customers. The conversation also mentions the success of certain products, such as the Dripless Pourer and the Mix-n-Chop, and the importance of considering what people want to buy on the spot versus order later. Overall, the conversation provides helpful tips for maximizing sales at vendor markets, especially during the holiday season.
JackieB999
Gold Member
Hi y'all... I have 2 vendor markets scheduled for November and I'd like to have some cash-n-carry gifts for people to buy on the spot. But since I need to make an inital investment, what do you suggest I bring? Does anyone have experience with Christmas Markets? What have you sold there? These will be my first. Thanks.

Wow, I've never had to think ahead to buy anything outright for cash and carry. I just bring my duplicates or things I have gotten free from hosting a party. I'm interested in what other people would do too. As for myself, I've only done 1 fair and mainly sold little tools, on the order of $10 each and less. Folks wanted to buy anything I had on my tool turn about, so I had to watch it closely to make sure they didn't walk off with anything. I'd recommend the can opener, the serrated peeler, the core and more, the digital thermometer, the nylon tools (buy as a group, sell separately), the bamboo tools (same as the nylon), and any other neat tools that you like.
If you want larger stuff, stick to the ones marked Host favorite! in the catalogue, those are top sellers for a reason and would all make good Xmas gifts for folks shopping.

Thanks Dotty... those make sense. I don't plan to bring hundreds of products, but maybe 20 to sell at each show and then take orders from there. I thought about targeting Men to buy a gift for their wife... things that would have a bow and be ready to go.

Instead of cash and carry - that they then have to carry around with them - why not just make up several gift packages and put a tag with a price on them. Then give them a delivery option of having it shipped to you and you gift wrap for them or direct delivery to their giftee. Charge the same for either. I'd price the packages as though they were direct shipped - that would cover your wrapping costs if they have it shipped to you and you wouldn't be investing in things you might not sell. Another idea is to do your own shopping early. What are you getting for people on YOUR list? Use those as the gifts to go and if they're bought you just get them again and if not you did your shopping already.

I haven't made any up yet but I have several booths in the next couple months and plan to do just that. I want to have gifts at several price points.

If you go with cash/carry, these are my suggestions.

Mix n' chops, mini serving spatula, scrapers, orange peelers, season's best, scrapers for the stones, bamboo spoons. It's the smaller things people want and aren't willing to pay shipping for. Bring your bigger display items and let them order them.

I suggest what Barb said. I'd also include quick stir pitchers (both sizes)m small & classic batter bowls, apple wedger, pineapple wedger and kernel cutter.

I agree with Barb. I would also suggest the Kernel Cutter - it's a great stocking stuffer. I sold tons at the fair and many bought duplicates for stocking stuffers and Christmas was still 4 months out.

I do a monthly 4 day trade days
big sellers that we usually sell out of
dripless pourer (have one in a water bottle with water to demo)
mix and chops and mix mashers (sell them as companion pieces)
can openers
jar openers
twixits
italian, dill and sw seasonings
all the scrapers
professional shears
apple wedger
QS pitchers
batter bowls
you can fill & wrap with cellophane a stainless whisk with a tag We whisk you a Merry Kissmas

great question and great answers!! I was also planning the same for my Oct & November booths...I also thought of the seasoning and sauces as well as the oven mits... cook books and cookie cutter and cooking rack, egg seperator for all the bakers during the holidays

Cookie stuff, of course! I also sell a lot of Mix-n-Chops, so those bundled with the appropriate spices and cookbooks sound like a plan! Thanks Everyone :)

A few years ago I didn't have any cash and carry..a ton of people asked for scrapers..but didn't want to order them. So last year I got Scrapers, then kernal cutters because I have sold a lot of them. I didn't regret anything that I bought to have on hand. The other stuff that I had was like Beth said. Stuff that I had bought as gifts or for myself and hadn't used yet. I just reordered my sister's gift..and my colanders..LOL.

daniespmprd said:
great question and great answers!! I was also planning the same for my Oct & November booths...I also thought of the seasoning and sauces as well as the oven mits... cook books and cookie cutter and cooking rack, egg seperator for all the bakers during the holidays

I also get seasonings..because I know that I will use them if no one else buys them.

Thanks for your input Heidi :) And if the seasonings don't sell, they're great for door prizes too.

Come to think of it.... the Ultimate Mandoline that came with my kit is going to be all boxed up with a big red bow on it! That's the ONE PC tool that I look at and think "all that to shred cheese when I can buy shredded cheese in the store? Who really needs perfect tomato slices and crinkled zuchini anyway?" LOL

I love my Ultimate Mandoline. I couldn't live without it! Don't understimate it.

skaugchef said:
I love my Ultimate Mandoline. I couldn't live without it! Don't understimate it.

I wish I could! I tried it once, 3 of 4 blades... washed it and put it back in the box :eek:

JackieB999 said:
I wish I could! I tried it once, 3 of 4 blades... washed it and put it back in the box :eek:

The more you practice with it, the more comfortable you'll be with it, and eventually you might even end up liking it. The best tip I have is that the faster you slice, the better it works.

Have your director demo it for you at your next meeting. I do that every few months and there is always someone there who finally "gets" it. I LOVE the UM and you can too!

Good try Beth & Noora! But I'm selling it! :p

What are "Christmas Market Goods"?

"Christmas Market Goods" are specialty products that are only available during the holiday season. These products are typically found at Christmas markets, which are festive outdoor markets that sell a variety of holiday-themed items.

What types of products are included in "Christmas Market Goods"?

The products included in "Christmas Market Goods" can vary, but they are typically items that are popular during the holiday season. This can include things like ornaments, decorations, baked goods, and gifts.

Where can I find "Christmas Market Goods"?

"Christmas Market Goods" can typically be found at local Christmas markets, as well as some specialty stores. Pampered Chef also offers a selection of "Christmas Market Goods" that can be purchased online or through a consultant.

Are "Christmas Market Goods" only available during the Christmas season?

Yes, "Christmas Market Goods" are only available during the holiday season. They are meant to be enjoyed and shared during this festive time of year.

Can I purchase "Christmas Market Goods" in bulk for gifts?

Yes, many "Christmas Market Goods" are available in bulk for gifting purposes. This is a great option for those looking to give unique and festive gifts to friends and family during the holiday season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby