• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I make the right decision by leaving the Christmas Bazaar early?

In summary, Lesllie was scheduled to do a Christmas Bazaar today, but got there and realized that another PC consultant was there already. Lesllie was upset because she felt that she was not a "competition" for the other consultant and asked for a refund, which the chair agreed to.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I was scheduled to do a Christmas Bazaar today. I got there, set up my booth...was ready to give the chairperson my donation for the auction basket when I turned around. In the next aisle is another PC consultant. I was livid to say the least. (Not at the PC consultant)
The other consultant looked like she spent a lot of time making cash & carry gifts. Had each on of the gift giving ideas from the CN. I approached the chariperson and told her it was my understanding that only one vendor would be accepted per company. She acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. I knew I was no "competiton" for the other consultant. I did not have much cash & carry or gift baskets and they were going to get to her before me anyway. Needless to say I asked for a refund, packed up my things and went home. I didn't want to sit for 5 hours with nothing to show for it. I know that is a chance we take when we do fairs, but that is when we aren't competing against someone in the same company.
Did I do the right thing by leaving? I did this event last year, and had huge success and I feel like I really missed out on it this year and am very dissapointed. I cried all the way home because I was so angry and disappointed.
A friend thought that I should send the chair an email, but I don't know what to say....what would you do.

Aw!!!! You totally did the right thing! It wouldn't have been worth your time. Are they giving you a refund?

They gave me my registration fee back. On the form, it says it was non refundable..but I don't think she was even going to fight me on it. She could tell I was hot to say the least.
BTW...I have always wanted to ask you, is your DH's name Wade???????

Lesllie - that is horrible - I would have totally left as well -

Next time, make sure its only one rep from each ds company - some people are just clueless I think -why would she book 2 PC ladies??

If you did it last year, you should have had first dibs to it this year. I would write the chair and ask that you be the only PC rep next year.Good call on packing up--it would have been such a waste of your time to stay.

I knew I technically has "dibbs", but the other lady seemed so over prepared. I didn't want to be a real B, so I took the road of least resistance. The chair lady said that 2 people were taking the aps..I guess that they don't speak:rolleyes: Anyway, she didn't know it was kind of an unspoken rule that that kind of thing is just not done. When I told the other consultant that I was leaving, she looked at me like a deer caught in the headlights like she didn't know what I was taking about either. :confused:

I always ask before I book if they allow multiples from one company. If so, I don't apply. If they don't, I ask if I'm the first applicant from PC.

We didn't have this problem last year, so I took for granted that it would be the same this year, however, a new lady took it over.

You did the right thing...or more!
Since you did it last year...you definitely should have been contacted to return a second time...BEFORE they opened the door to any other PC Consultant.

I'm sorry!
I know I would have been livid too!

That is just wrong! Glad they "admitted" their mistake by refunding your money! Some people don't have a clue. When I organized our Stop N Shop's this year, I made sure no one "competed" directly with each other. I had a Mary Kay person so I didn't contact Avon since they do similar things. I did have an Arbonne person but they do so much more than Mary Kay does. The MK lady also told me she would NOT take any orders and just be there to make contacts. She did bring some "Satin Hands" sets to sell but I don't think she made any sales.

krzymomof4 said:
They gave me my registration fee back. On the form, it says it was non refundable..but I don't think she was even going to fight me on it. She could tell I was hot to say the least.
BTW...I have always wanted to ask you, is your DH's name Wade???????
Wade's my cat! It's just a funny joke between DH and I.

When applying for a holiday bazaar (sometimes you are applying and sometimes you are interviewing the organizer to see if it's a worthwhile one to spend your time) ask questions like...
What was traffic like last year?
Can I count on $200-500 in orders? What will you personally do if my orders are less than $150?
Can I cook a recipe there? (hotplate or microwave)
What kind of things have sold in past years (dollar value)?
Where will guests be coming from?
Do some of your friends come here to shop?

A side conversation to offer, once you start talking about registration fees, is that most all other direct sellers are a 50% profit, and that our pricepoints are so carefully set that our commission is about half of what others receive. A final thought is if the host will run a concurrent catalog show (or fundraiser online) and either add some guests themselves, or give you a list of folks to include, you'll do better. For me, I am only willing to do a vendor event that someone calls and asks me to, if they will hold a concurrent catalog/online show to guarantee my sales of $200+. From a good side, my bazaars are more lucrative now. From a bad side, I don't do as many--but I'm not out spending 7+hours with teeny returns, either.

Good luck. I think you did the right thing.

The other alternative if you truly wanted to make a point [and know you would not be invited back] would be to generate a bill and either send it directly to the organizer, or to the over-riding organization (PTO) that put the event together -- bill them for your time at $50/hour and mileage.

krzymom, Ugh! I'd be quite irritated, too. Sorry you had to go through that. You did the right thing by leaving and asking for a refund. I'd send an e-mail or make a call to express you "concern" over the big mistake. Make sure you don't hit send right away, though. Save it for the next day adn re-read it. Stand up for yourself and be firm, but be dignified and courteous.

pcchefjane said:
That is just wrong! Glad they "admitted" their mistake by refunding your money! Some people don't have a clue. When I organized our Stop N Shop's this year, I made sure no one "competed" directly with each other. I had a Mary Kay person so I didn't contact Avon since they do similar things. I did have an Arbonne person but they do so much more than Mary Kay does. The MK lady also told me she would NOT take any orders and just be there to make contacts. She did bring some "Satin Hands" sets to sell but I don't think she made any sales.

I don't agree...I think that MK & Avon are different in a lot of ways. Avon carries so much more than just makeup, & MK is geared towards skin care products.

wadesgirl said:
Wade's my cat! It's just a funny joke between DH and I.

My DH's name is Wade, I thought he was one of a kind. Now I can tell him that he has a cat with his name and not just the duck from the old Garfield cartoons.

krzymomof4 said:
My DH's name is Wade, I thought he was one of a kind. Now I can tell him that he has a cat with his name and not just the duck from the old Garfield cartoons.

DH loves the movie Fargo and the quote "No way Wade, no way!" so he said if he ever got a cat he would name it Wade! Our other cat who is in my avatar is named Zues.

1. Did I make the right decision by purchasing this Pampered Chef product?

We understand that making a purchase can sometimes lead to doubt or second-guessing. However, our products are carefully designed and tested to provide the best cooking and baking experience for our customers. We stand behind our products and are confident that you will be satisfied with your purchase.

2. How do I know if I am using this Pampered Chef product correctly?

Each Pampered Chef product comes with detailed instructions and tips for use. Additionally, our website and social media channels offer helpful videos and tutorials to guide you in using our products. If you still have questions, our customer service team is always happy to assist.

3. Is this Pampered Chef product dishwasher safe?

Many of our products are dishwasher safe, but we recommend checking the specific product's care and use instructions. Some products may need to be hand washed to maintain their quality and durability. You can find this information on our website or by contacting our customer service team.

4. Can I return this Pampered Chef product if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please see our return policy for more details.

5. Are there any special care instructions for this Pampered Chef product?

Some of our products may have specific care instructions to ensure their longevity and performance. Please refer to the care and use instructions that come with the product or check our website for more information. If you still have questions, our customer service team is happy to assist you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefShalon
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies