• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My First Bazaar Coordinator Experience Live Up to Expectations?

In summary, the bazaar went well. A few vendors left early, but the majority of people were there to shop. The rain may have been a deterrent to sales, but overall it was a success.
lockhartkitchen
Today was my first bazaar I coordinated and set up with 11 other vendors. I wrote a contract, had professional realtor type signs made (at an incredible savings) and created flyers and designed an ad in the paper. It was an aweful rainy day. We had about 100 walk through. Most the vendors made about $100. I took almost $150 in sales and booked a show for December. She's giving me her name list Tuesday, so I can send out the invites. My Mary Kay friend made $350!! My Gold Canyon Candle friends signed a consultant. (I had gifted them their table, because they have had a rough time with their business in the last few months. The lady had seen their business listed in my ad and came just to see them! I feel so happy! ) One vendor broke the contract and left 2 hours early, because she had only sold one stuffed bear. She said she was leaving and questioned if I had even advertised the event. After watching her load in and out she was gone! No goodbye or anything. Her bears were just not what others were wanting. I think the rain was a big factor today.

For my first bazaar to organize I felt good. Two of the vendors want me to do a spring one right before Mother's Day. Hindsight: I will charge double for the table and reimburse 1/2 when it is official closing time. Another vendor (expensive tea and accessories) left 1 hour early. If people come the last hour, I don't want them to see empty space and pass on that it wasn't a good bazaar. My signs are reusable so I'll do again next year.

Sounds like it was a good experience for you !!!

Thanks Leah! Everyone else asleep around here?

I should be sleeping I had a Christmas Bazaar that I did a booth at today... and I am plain tired tonight!!!

Sounds like you did a great job, and the stuffed bear business was not what the crowd was wanting. I attended a bazaar today at a retirement facility, where booths were FREE, and everyone was required to stay until the closing time, no exceptions. Everyone abided, and I didn't think it was too much to ask. As far as your bazaar-How disrespectful for those vendors to make the commitment, and then leave early.:yuck:

Thanks Cassandra. I agree. I hate confrontation. What was I going to say? How could I force them to stay? I learned. I made the connection (in hind site) with our first house rental. They moved out without notice. I had the house sit for a month while I repaired and carried another mortgage. The next tenant I had pay two months rent that was refundable. Next time I do the bazaar I'll charge extra and return the money. It was clearly stated in their contract. They felt they didn't make enough for it to be worth while. When I advertised for vendors I requested no more than 25 miles away. I wanted to support the local people. They chose to drive more than an hour for this event. It just wasn't a big city "Portland metro event". They only paid $25 anyway! That included signage and advertising. The other vendors said the teddy bear people were snobby. The rest of us had a great time. I took pictures, which I will display later. Honesty, when I do a fair for double the time I make double the sales and bookings, so for 6 hours I did well. I got my name out there!

Sounds like a great solution.

Are there a lot of holiday bazaars up there in Mac/Salem area? I would imagine so.

Congratulations. It sounds like it was a success.I always consider sales at these events to be gravy. Mostly I consider fairs and expos to be advertising. I usually make some good contacts. Sounds like the two who left were snacking on sour grapes.

I agree with Rae. Booths & bazaars are typically a get your name out there type thing. Great job on the organizing part! Too bad those 'stuffed bears' didn't get it. ;)

1. How do I become a Bazaar Coordinator?

To become a Bazaar Coordinator with Pampered Chef, you must be a current consultant and complete the Bazaar Coordinator training. You can find this training in your back office under the "My Training" section. Once you have completed the training, you can start hosting Bazaar events!

2. What are the benefits of being a Bazaar Coordinator?

As a Bazaar Coordinator, you have the opportunity to increase your sales and reach new customers by hosting Bazaar events. You also have access to exclusive products and promotions to offer at your events. Plus, you can earn additional income through commissions on sales made at the Bazaar events.

3. How do I find vendors for my Bazaar event?

You can find vendors by reaching out to your network, using social media, or attending local events and networking with other businesses. You can also partner with other consultants or organizations to share the cost and workload of the event. Pampered Chef also provides a list of approved vendors for your convenience.

4. What is the minimum number of vendors required for a Bazaar event?

The minimum number of vendors required for a Bazaar event is four, including yourself. This ensures a variety of products and a successful event. However, you can have as many vendors as you like, as long as they are approved by Pampered Chef and follow the Bazaar guidelines.

5. Can I host a Bazaar event outside of my home?

Yes, you can host a Bazaar event at a variety of locations, as long as they are approved by Pampered Chef. This can include community centers, schools, churches, or even outdoor locations. Just be sure to follow the Bazaar guidelines and obtain any necessary permits or permissions for the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • byrd1956