• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Booth Experience! (Long!)

In summary, the conversation was about the success of participating in a trade show and strategies used to attract visitors to the booth. The person had a great location and used a bingo card and roulette chips to encourage people to visit their booth. They also got bookings, recruit leads, and orders from the event. Others in the conversation congratulated them and asked for advice on doing a booth themselves. They also asked for more details about the bingo card and roulette chips strategy.
augmommychef
Silver Member
I have been mostly a lurker here but since I have gathered a vast amount of knowledge and helpful information from the site, I thought I would reciprocate. I participated in my first ever trade show last night. It was a "Ladie Nite Out" theme at a local museum. It was a great experience especially for a first timer. I felt that I had the BEST location ever, even though it wasn't on the main floor. It was smaller booth and was cheaper too! I was right next to the entrance and I was one of the first vendors people visited. So, they weren't burnt out and were genuinely interested in the products. Literally everyone I met was familiar with PC. I asked them if they have ever attended a show or hosted a show. Of course I got the familiar "I don't host, I just attend" schpeal. So, I explained the host benefits, the specials, and the fact hosts never pay full price. This peaked their interest. What I loved about the fair was in order to win the big prices (from other vendors), people had a bingo card that they had to have initialed by each vendor. So, this forced them to visit my booth which meant they had to talk to me! We also gave away roulette chips and in order for them to get one, they had to fill out a drawing slip! Although there were many people who marked "No" in their interest in hosting. At least I have contacts! I got 5 bookings, dozens of "Maybe's", 2 recruit leads, and 3 orders!
As far as my display, I purchased some fall decorations from my local Hobby Lobby (fall leaves, small pumpkins, gourds). It added great color and I recieved a lot of compliments! People loved the SA display (esp. the stemware). As soon as they made a comment about that, I showed the October special! My director was kind enough to loan me her Fall products. Overall, I highly recommend doing a booth. It was 4 hours of nonstop talking but was well worth it!

I'm glad you had a great first experience!! I like the idea of the bingo cards. What were the roulette chips for? Remember to follow up with everyone within the next couple of days. Even if they marked yes, they will wait to hear from you and the maybes are usually just questions. I've had maybes start a catalog show with days of an expo...just didn't want to but yes. You had a whopping success. Congrats! They are a lot of work and talking, but I LOVE them!! Of course, I have about 4 days worth in the next week. Guess that explains it!

I am doing my first booth on the 20th. Any suggestions? There is a group of us sharing the 2 day event (2 people in the booth at a time). I am really excited because I REALLY need the bookings. I took some time off and now have 1 show this month and nothing else scheduled. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Congratulations with your success. That is awesome!

That is so awesome!! What a great way to kick-start your business!! Nice work! :)

augmommychef said:
What I loved about the fair was in order to win the big prices (from other vendors), people had a bingo card that they had to have initialed by each vendor. So, this forced them to visit my booth which meant they had to talk to me! We also gave away roulette chips and in order for them to get one, they had to fill out a drawing slip! Although there were many people who marked "No" in their interest in hosting. At least I have contacts! I got 5 bookings, dozens of "Maybe's", 2 recruit leads, and 3 orders!

How did this work? I can see the card w/ all vendors listed, but do they have to fill the whole card? Did they get extra tickets for filling the card?
What did they cash in the chips for?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am doing an event where the guests are paying to get in, and there is no guarantee they will even stop into the vendor room. So unless they come to me, I will have no info. The coordinator is looking for ideas, and if I could present this to her w/ details, that would be very helpful.
TIA.

Last edited:
laurichef said:
How did this work? I can see the card w/ all vendors listed, but do they have to fill the whole card? Did they get extra tickets for filling the card?
What did they cash in the chips for?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am doing an event where the guests are paying to get in, and there is no guarantee they will even stop into the vendor room. So unless they come to me, I will have no info. The coordinator is looking for ideas, and if I could present this to her w/ details, that would be very helpful.
TIA.

Sorry I was a bit vague with the whole bingo/roulette chip idea. Here's the deal- taken from show information sheet.

To be eligible to win the Grand Prize, guest must have the "Bingo Card" recieved at registration completed. They will get a signature or stamp from each vender before turning the card to the DJ. This will ensure that all attendees visit every booth at least once! The winner must be present to win the Grand Prize. (They held a drawing towards the end of the show)

Roulette Wheel: Each guest (and each booth) receives two tokens to place on the table. Each spin creates a new winner who chooses from door prizes from the prize table. We encourage vendors to donate a prize or two- winners will take the prize to the DJ and he will announce the donor's name as the prizes are chosen. The roulette wheel spins every 15 minutes. As guest visit your booth, you will give them a roulette wheel coin. Only give them a coin if they buy something or register with you or spend some time with you. This will encourage guests to spend more time at each booth. Roulette wheel prizes are for the guests only. I did not donate anything (director did not inform me of this game til last minute)

Hope this makes sense. Those roulette chips were a hot item! I had to tuck them away so people would stop grabbing at them!

My tips would be:
Come prepared with: order forms, change, calculator, hosting information sheets, mini-catalogs, old catalogs, business cards, business opportunity information, host packets. Make sure you know the upcoming host specials.

I had some mini-Reese's peanut butter cups in my square bamboo bowl. I swear, people love candy!

Create levels with your display. Group products together, add some color depending on the season.

Put on your best smile! Talk to everyone!

I am about to do my First Vendor Booth, and I have so Many Questions... It's a shame but my director is LESS than helpful. Did you do any cash and carry?? If so can you explain the best way to go about this. Do you have any photo's from your table? I would love some great ideas for set up. I'll let you respond before I bombard you with all my thoughts and concerns....
Thanks
Eileen

Eileen said:
I am about to do my First Vendor Booth, and I have so Many Questions... It's a shame but my director is LESS than helpful. Did you do any cash and carry?? If so can you explain the best way to go about this. Do you have any photo's from your table? I would love some great ideas for set up. I'll let you respond before I bombard you with all my thoughts and concerns....
Thanks
Eileen

No, I did not do Cash N Carry. I collected orders and took credit cards as payment (had them write it on the order forms). I was able to collect enough orders for it to qualify as my own catalog show (yippee!). I did not have photos because my director was kind enough to loan me her fall products. I did have the Host Specials (the ones from consultant news) on display in signs. I'll respond more later...my son needs attention!

2863206913_11bd10bbea.jpg

2863205635_04e3108fb9.jpg

Here are pictures from the show! I had a very small table so things kinda got cramped. Hope to help!

Just a thought here...cash and carry is hard to work in a booth. If it's your first experience at a booth, I would suggest not taking any cash and carry. That's just me. After working a booth a couple of times, maybe you want to work it in. I worked an Expo this past weekend and I had C&C items to take and then left them home and in the end I'm glad I did. I had 7 bookings come in after seeing the cookware special. I am way happy I was able to spend my time getting them prepared for a successful show.

As mentioned earlier here, come prepared! Order forms (we had several orders), host packets (we booked our host in and let them walk away with the host packet), recruiting flyers (we also had packets with additional info and YLYW dvd), mini catalogs with your info, old catalogs with your info, flyers/posters with current host special and upcoming specials (even better...bring samples...cookware/SA/stoneware). Funny, people do love candy...I put Hershey's kisses (the fall colored ones) in my Bamboo Square Bowl and people really loved that. We too went with the fall theme and had fall colored foilage spread thru our display and people actually commented on how nice it looked with the stuff.

Sorry this got long. I am so excited at these opportunities, I don't think you can miss by participating in one!

Congrats!!! ;)

thanks for the photos and info!! I may have the chance to participate in up to two booths in the next few weeks (one in 1.5 weeks!). The closest one..it'd be shared with another bunch of consultants...so I'm hoping I won't have to worry about setup since the director running the booth will have all the stuff anyway. I'd be just covering a shift. But the second one would be all me. (Waiting word).So thanks!! Congrats by the way!

1. What do I need to bring to my first booth experience?

For your first booth experience, you will need to bring your Pampered Chef starter kit, any marketing materials or business cards you have, and any products you plan to sell or demonstrate. It's also a good idea to bring some snacks and water, as well as some extra cash for change in case customers want to purchase products.

2. How should I set up my booth?

When setting up your booth, it's important to have an eye-catching display that showcases your products. Use tablecloths, banners, and other decorations to make your booth stand out. Make sure to also have a variety of products on display and have them organized in an appealing way. Don't forget to leave space for demonstration areas and have samples available for customers to try.

3. Do I need to have a cash register at my booth?

No, you do not need to have a cash register at your booth. However, you should have a way to process payments, whether it's through a mobile payment device or using a manual credit card imprinter. You can also accept cash or checks from customers.

4. How can I attract customers to my booth?

There are several ways to attract customers to your booth. You can offer a special promotion or discount, have a raffle or giveaway, or provide samples or demonstrations of your products. It's also important to engage with people passing by your booth and to have a welcoming and friendly attitude.

5. Can I have someone help me at my booth?

Yes, you are allowed to have someone help you at your booth. This can be a friend, family member, or fellow Pampered Chef consultant. Having someone help you can make the experience more enjoyable and also allows for breaks and extra support during busy times. Just make sure to follow any guidelines or rules set by the event or location hosting the booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• FancyChef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • codorey
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bunksc