• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Show Up with My Donation for the School Carnival?

In summary, the Pampered Chef consultant tried to order a gift set but did not get any response from the PTA. She contacted the school directly and was told that someone would be in touch. Today, someone from the PTA emailed her asking if she could drive the set over to the school.
Luv2bake
Not sure how to handle this one... in Oct 2006 I worked a school fair at an elementary school not very close to my home at all. It failed miserably since they put my table directly across from a vendor table for a Music School- complete with fully functioning musical instruments (including DRUMS!) for the kiddies to try out. So of course no sane adult came anywhere near this end of the hallway. I also made a donation of some items for their raffle. Jump forward to January of this year, and the same PTA contact from that first event emailed me (and the other vendors) asking if we would participate in this year's Silent Auction for the school carnival. So no tables...just donations...but the promise of free mention in their school newletter for 2 months prior to the event. So I email her back that I would participate. I ordered the Pizza Party gift set (stone, cookbook, pizza cutter) and when it came in tried to reach her. Now, I am small potatoes. I do this very very part time in addition to my full time job. So to order this set was a hit for me. She initially wrote back that she would come pick up the set, and I have not heard from her since. I have politely emailed and left voice mails...to no avail. The carnival is this Saturday. Should I just show up with my donation and try to find where it goes? I wonder if she got a bigger donation from another Pampered Chef consultant. For some reason this really is irking me!

Have you called the school directly?

No I haven't. Think I should? Do you think they would give me any information (like PTA Contacts) if I don't even have any kids?

Luv2bake said:
No I haven't. Think I should? Do you think they would give me any information (like PTA Contacts) if I don't even have any kids?

Personally, I would let them contact you. If they don't, you can keep the set or return it. I have donated MANY things over the years to silent auctions, junior league, etc. NEVER have I received any business from these, just ended up using them as a tax write off. I actually put 85 SBCB in the goodie bags of the Junior League "newbies" with a personal note congratulating them and giving my name and number....NOTHING, no calls, no thank you's, nothing!

Okay...that said, Yes, the school will put you in touch with someone from the PTA. I'm the PTO president at my son's middle school and, depending on the reason people are asking, they do give out my phone number. Sometimes they take a message and pass it along to me but they will work with you to help you make contact.

That has been my experience too...that the donations end up just being tax write offs with no business or bookings obtained in the process.
I even donated 100+ of the old style small bamboo tongs (that of course now everyone is looking for) to swag bags for a Junior League function, only to get zero responses. And I'm even a member in that League!!
Guess I have learned what works for me and what doesn't.:blushing:

Don't worry. I have two gift certificates outstanding, totaling $50. One was to the PTA fundraiser in NOVEMBER and the other was to the Spouse Club in February. So don't worry I haven't gotten anything out of donations either and I think I won't again. The PTA said I'd have my name,etc. out there in advertising but the only thing I saw was the flyer for the night of the event. That didn't do me any good!!

Good luck all!

That's why it's best to give your own gift certificates and put a expiration date on them. Then if no one contacts you, you lose nothing and if they do, you have a new contact! Maybe you'll never hear from them again, but usually, I give a $25 gift certificate and often they purchase $50+!!It is strange that they aren't contacting you. I'm sure that she's just busy and that it's not personal.

I laugh when people try to tell me they are busy. Too busy to hit the "reply" button? ;) Anyway, she did email me today asking if I could drive the set over to the school. No mention or apologies for not returning any of my calls or emails. I kindly told her that I only could on Saturday morning, since I work full time during the week...but she is welcome to come pick up at my office. (She does not work.) Sheesh.

I don't "work" either, but it's surprising how busy my days can be. But I can find time to do something I need to do. Some day my daughter will be in all day school and THEN what will I do with myself?? :sing: Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being with her, but just the idea of being able to run errands and quickly clean or whatever is just amazing!! I almost wish it was only a couple days a week though. Oh wait...this was about something else....anyway...

People don't all check email daily and then there is procrastination so if they don't do it RIGHT then, the best of intentions don't help b/c they forget before returning to the computer.

I'm right there with you though. It drives me crazy!! I instantly reply even if to say I don't know yet, but I'll get back to you. I just meant that I was sure it wasn't personal (just personality probably).

What types of donations does Pampered Chef offer for school carnivals?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of donations for school carnivals, including gift certificates, cooking demonstrations, and product donations for raffles or auctions.

How can I request a donation from Pampered Chef for our school carnival?

You can request a donation by filling out the donation request form on our website or by contacting our customer service team. Please make sure to provide information about your school and event, including the date of the carnival and the type of donation you are requesting.

How far in advance should we request a donation for our school carnival?

We recommend requesting a donation at least 4-6 weeks in advance to allow time for processing and shipping. However, we understand that last-minute requests may arise and we will do our best to accommodate those as well.

Are there any requirements for receiving a donation from Pampered Chef?

Yes, we require that the event is for a school or school-related organization and that the donation will be used for a school carnival or fundraising event. We also ask that you provide proof of your 501(c)(3) status.

Can we choose specific products for our donation from Pampered Chef?

Due to the high volume of donation requests we receive, we are not able to fulfill specific product requests. However, we will do our best to provide a donation that aligns with the theme of your event or the age group of the attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • esavvymom