1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Setting up your own Vendor Fair?

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

So, I've heard the idea a few times about setting up your own vendor event if none are available.

Over the last few months, I've met/networked with quite a few other Direct Sales/Crafters in my area. Now, my town/area doesn't really have any vendor events that I've seen in the 2 yrs I live here, but we are a decent size town and they always have town events- so the traffic would probably be good. We also have two good-sized elementary schools (and a 3rd on the edge of town) in town.

I'd love to try to contact the schools (PTA?) and/or the town chamber of commerce about a Vendor day - and I'm almost positive I could get the other vendors involved based on our conversations and them wanting business as much as I do. I was just wondering what others may have done to set up their own vendor events like that? PTAs, churches, towns??

*does anyone have a letter/flyer, etc that you've used to introduce this idea to an organization?

Jun 14, 2009
  2. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

Two of my girlfriends & I are doing something like this on Friday. We're renting a building for a few hours in hopes of getting some bookings. We're offering door prizes from each business & free samples. We put up signs around town, spread the word by mouth, & are sending out invites tomorrow.
    I am in 2 direct sales business, one of the girls is also in 2, & the other is in one. So there will be a total of 5 direct sales businesses.
    If we do well in this particular town, we are going to do this in another town & invite more businesses, and so ont. We're hoping to make it bigger & better. Not charging anyone to set up, just all splitting the building rent.

Jun 14, 2009
  3. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Try doing something at a park and gear it towards kids and moms.

Jun 15, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Please remember that the contract you sign specifically states you cannot promote any other business while selling PC.

Jun 15, 2009
  5. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

Actually, I called The Solution Center, & until I reach the director level I can run another DS business. & as long as I have 2 different booths at a fair, it's ok. So I have my SIL working my other DS company while I will be set up across the room working my PC business.
    I just can not promote both businesses at once, or at the same table. Lucky for me my SIL will work for free products!!:thumbup:

But thanks for bringing it up! I always need refreshers on policy!! :)

Jun 15, 2009
  6. Whitney---what is the other business you sell?

Jun 17, 2009
  7. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

I PM'd you.

Jun 17, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Glad to hear you have things covered, some people think they can get away with things like that but you took care of all the issues.

Jun 17, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted