• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Setting up Your Own Vendor Fair?

In summary, if you want to set up your own vendor event, you should contact the schools or the town chamber of commerce. You should also remember to not promote any other businesses while selling PC.
esavvymom
Staff member
So, I've heard the idea a few times about setting up your own vendor event if none are available.

Over the last few months, I've met/networked with quite a few other Direct Sales/Crafters in my area. Now, my town/area doesn't really have any vendor events that I've seen in the 2 yrs I live here, but we are a decent size town and they always have town events- so the traffic would probably be good. We also have two good-sized elementary schools (and a 3rd on the edge of town) in town.

I'd love to try to contact the schools (PTA?) and/or the town chamber of commerce about a Vendor day - and I'm almost positive I could get the other vendors involved based on our conversations and them wanting business as much as I do. I was just wondering what others may have done to set up their own vendor events like that? PTAs, churches, towns??

*does anyone have a letter/flyer, etc that you've used to introduce this idea to an organization?

Two of my girlfriends & I are doing something like this on Friday. We're renting a building for a few hours in hopes of getting some bookings. We're offering door prizes from each business & free samples. We put up signs around town, spread the word by mouth, & are sending out invites tomorrow.
I am in 2 direct sales business, one of the girls is also in 2, & the other is in one. So there will be a total of 5 direct sales businesses.
If we do well in this particular town, we are going to do this in another town & invite more businesses, and so ont. We're hoping to make it bigger & better. Not charging anyone to set up, just all splitting the building rent.

Try doing something at a park and gear it towards kids and moms.

WLMcCoy said:
Two of my girlfriends & I are doing something like this on Friday. We're renting a building for a few hours in hopes of getting some bookings. We're offering door prizes from each business & free samples. We put up signs around town, spread the word by mouth, & are sending out invites tomorrow.
I am in 2 direct sales business, one of the girls is also in 2, & the other is in one. So there will be a total of 5 direct sales businesses.
If we do well in this particular town, we are going to do this in another town & invite more businesses, and so ont. We're hoping to make it bigger & better. Not charging anyone to set up, just all splitting the building rent.

Please remember that the contract you sign specifically states you cannot promote any other business while selling PC.

wadesgirl said:
Please remember that the contract you sign specifically states you cannot promote any other business while selling PC.

Actually, I called The Solution Center, & until I reach the director level I can run another DS business. & as long as I have 2 different booths at a fair, it's ok. So I have my SIL working my other DS company while I will be set up across the room working my PC business.
I just can not promote both businesses at once, or at the same table. Lucky for me my SIL will work for free products!!:thumbup:

But thanks for bringing it up! I always need refreshers on policy!! :)

Whitney---what is the other business you sell?

ccrusoe said:
Whitney---what is the other business you sell?

I PM'd you.

WLMcCoy said:
Actually, I called The Solution Center, & until I reach the director level I can run another DS business. & as long as I have 2 different booths at a fair, it's ok. So I have my SIL working my other DS company while I will be set up across the room working my PC business.
I just can not promote both businesses at once, or at the same table. Lucky for me my SIL will work for free products!!:thumbup:

But thanks for bringing it up! I always need refreshers on policy!! :)

Glad to hear you have things covered, some people think they can get away with things like that but you took care of all the issues.

1. What do I need to bring to a vendor fair?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will need to bring a variety of products to showcase at the vendor fair. This can include your top-selling cookware, bakeware, and kitchen tools, as well as any seasonal or limited edition items. It's also important to bring marketing materials, such as catalogs, order forms, and business cards, to promote your business and collect contact information from potential customers.

2. How should I set up my table at the vendor fair?

When setting up your table, it's important to make it visually appealing and inviting to potential customers. Consider using a tablecloth or backdrop that matches your brand colors, and use risers or shelves to display your products at different heights. You can also use props and decorations to showcase the versatility of your products, such as a beautiful salad made with your salad chopper. Lastly, make sure to leave enough space for customers to browse and interact with your products comfortably.

3. How can I attract customers to my table at the vendor fair?

There are many ways to attract customers to your table at a vendor fair. Consider offering samples of your products, such as a delicious dip made with your mix and a mini whisk for guests to try. You can also hold product demonstrations or cooking demonstrations to showcase the quality and ease of use of your products. Additionally, offering a special discount or promotion for customers who make a purchase at the vendor fair can also help drive traffic to your table.

4. How should I handle payments at the vendor fair?

It's important to have a variety of payment options available for customers at the vendor fair. This can include cash, credit/debit cards, and mobile payment options like Venmo or PayPal. It's also helpful to have a calculator on hand to quickly add up purchases and provide customers with a receipt. Make sure to have a secure and organized way to store cash and process credit card payments, such as a cash box or mobile card reader.

5. How can I follow up with potential customers after the vendor fair?

Following up with potential customers after the vendor fair is crucial for building relationships and driving future sales. Make sure to collect contact information from interested customers and add them to your contact list. You can then reach out to them via email or phone to thank them for stopping by your table and offer any promotions or specials you may have. You can also invite them to join your social media groups or mailing list for future updates and product promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mommy2amo
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • manderyoder
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • kcmckay